Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

this thread made me want to play civ 5 again and now i'm going to reinstall civ 4

thanks op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nut to Butt posted:

nice meltdown, moron.

lol

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:madmax:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lol at this happening in less than two hours

Yah, it was denied. Lesson learned.

Bicyclops posted:

Did you actually win to turn 750 or did you lose to religion and forget to check that tab?

Already uninstalled.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 27, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Religious victory is a dumb condition, if you don't found a religion or get converted by an AI going for it it's basically impossible to stop them short of conquering that player

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
There should be a smug atheist great person you can get to battle religious victories regardless of your civ's religion status

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The religious victory is definitely the one that deserves the biggest overhaul IMO. Can you turn it off yet? I know victory conditions were togglable in most Civ games, but I can't remember if it usually comes with launch. I always turn the Win by Turns one off, even though, realistically, you always win before you get there, because it would be really unsatisfying.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Civ 4 isn't all that great, and the people who worship it just didn't bother to give a fully updated Civ 5 a try.

idk i played a game of modded Civ4 and a game of modded Civ5 before 6 game out and I think I still prefer 4, although i do think 5 catches a lot of undeserved flak

Bicyclops posted:

The religious victory is definitely the one that deserves the biggest overhaul IMO. Can you turn it off yet? I know victory conditions were togglable in most Civ games, but I can't remember if it usually comes with launch. I always turn the Win by Turns one off, even though, realistically, you always win before you get there, because it would be really unsatisfying.

you can turn it off, it's an advanced setting on the game creation screen iirc

dunno how you guys are having so many issues though i played 2 games and paid 0 attention to religion and won a science victory both times... i'm only on one of the middling difficulties though i guess

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 27, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dial-a-Dog posted:

There should be a smug atheist great person you can get to battle religious victories regardless of your civ's religion status

That would be a good mod. You could have Dick Dawkins raging on twitter or Amazing Atheist stick a banana up his rear end

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
So what do you think of the new skyrim?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I will buy this video game once I am sick of BF1. Unless COD is really good or Planet Coaster gets good reviews.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

steinrokkan posted:

Civ 4 isn't all that great, and the people who worship it just didn't bother to give a fully updated Civ 5 a try.

I put 500 hours into Civ 5 and think Civ 4 is still the best game of the series

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

farming simulator 2017 is probably going to get my fake money

firaxis got greedy with the pricing on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

idk i played a game of modded Civ4 and a game of modded Civ5 before 6 game out and I think I still prefer 4, although i do think 5 catches a lot of undeserved flak

you can turn it off, it's an advanced setting on the game creation screen iirc

dunno how you guys are having so many issues though i played 2 games and paid 0 attention to religion and won a science victory both times... i'm only on one of the middling difficulties though i guess

That's good. I don't think it's something you have to watch out for unless you're playing on the higher difficulty settings and playing against a religious-oriented Civ. In that case, I do think the AI is likely to unit spam its way to victory. It's get fixed in the first expansion, and until then, I think I'd sort of prefer to turn it off.

Away all Goats posted:

I put 500 hours into Civ 5 and think Civ 4 is still the best game of the series

yeah, same. Civ 5 isn't bad, Civ 4 just was really good at hitting the sweet spot for level of complication. I think Civ 6 has potential once the inevitable patches and expansions are out, though. :)

• Locked thread