Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Les Os posted:

I didn't know Prometheus had anything to do with Alien until the lady had the thing pop out of her and when it did I was like "oh poo poo" it was one of the best cosmic horror movie I've ever seen (along with Sunshine) and I dug when the astronaut lit on fire

Prometheus was great.

Yeah Prometheus wasn't that bad, nerds are sensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I really liked Prometheus lol

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Prometheus is real bad though lol.

It feels like a script written by a child who just saw aliens and is still hyped up on sugar. And then the aliens left a message to their home on erf but the message was to their secret base making bombs and then the crew get off their ship and then they have this cool thing that flys arounds and maps the bad alien base and then they split up and two gets lots and he goes to pet a snake and the snake bits him through his suit!!!!

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Prometheus is at the very least a better movie than Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AvP, and AvP2 so I'm not really sure if the claims it retroactively destroyed the franchise is entirely accurate.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If someone tells me that Alien 3 is a good movie I stop listening to their opinions on movies. Any version of it, directors cut, work print, leaked initial draft, anything.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

kingcom posted:

Prometheus is real bad though lol.

SILENCE you fool! lest they see their own asses

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also gently caress this god damned thread. the only good alien movies are alien and aliens

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Blue Raider posted:

also gently caress this god damned thread. the only good alien movies are alien and aliens

Resurrection is at least enjoyably stupid as opposed to "I LOVE ROCKS" stupid.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sunshine is good.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What a bunch of retards

Don't sign your posts!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I found it, I found the one funny CineD post ever. Re: Cavill's mustache:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That isn't a mustache, it's a symbol. On my planet it means "Hey gurrrl"

:golfclap:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I found a major spoiler leak for the movie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the best cosmic horror film is From Beyond

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol remember in prometheus when they just killed a bunch of the crew halfway into the movie for no reason

they were like "uh we've got too many people for the climax"

"oh, just like throw a zombie in there or something"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blue Raider posted:

Nah

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Just loving lmao if you like Prometheus or covenant

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

XMNN posted:

I have never seen a good super hero movie and ive seen several

Lego batsman and Mystery Men. That's it

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

b-minus1 posted:

I can enjoy movies and my heart isn't filled with bitterness and misery :shrug:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like the part where the guy gets black goo on his face because he was stupid, and also the part where the girl from dragon tattoo gets an alien c-sectioned out of her body. Also the part with the funny looking old guy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do wonder how many times they will reboot the Spiderman series before they feel like they got it right.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I do wonder how many times they will reboot the Spiderman series before they feel like they got it right.

every comic character that can, at any given time, carry a profitable film will have their film series rebooted several times. people want to hear about their favourite characters, but inevitably the franchise will stumble, or the plot will get too far away from the core premises of the characters which people associate with them. and if you're replacing the actor it seems like a good opportunity. or maybe the rights will change hands. kind of annoying. big 2 comics have had a lot of reboots but very few totally hard reboots where there's nothing left of what came before, which gives some importance to even the sillier old stories.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When will they make a Teen Titans movie for the kids who absorb Teen Titans 15 hours a day off the Cartoon Network endless feed of that show

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Blade is the only good superhero movie cause it was just a decent movie that happened to be some comic book poo poo and it happened way before the whole universe thing they're doing now.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

KVeezy3 posted:

The plotline of Avengers Ultron is Stark almost causing human extinction through sheer hubris. Then he wants to murder a mentally ill person in Civil War. Who holds him accountable? Considering he funds the most powerful paramilitary on Earth, nobody.

I would try to murder the person who murdered my mom, too. Does that make me evil? Also, the UN tries to hold all of the Avengers accountable for their actions, including Stark. That's on of the main conflicts of the film, dummy.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Blade is the only good superhero movie cause it was just a decent movie that happened to be some comic book poo poo and it happened way before the whole universe thing they're doing now.

chronicle.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who are we to say that it is a wrong thing to be building super-reactors and warmachines in your home?

Is this not America?

Are we not allowed to create weaponized A.I if we want to?

Do not tread on our freedoms, government

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WatermelonGun posted:

the best cosmic horror film is From Beyond

there's someone with an av from that movie.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I liked Resurrection more than Prometheus, but that's because it was Jeunet as gently caress. If someone else directed the same script I don't think that would be the case.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

i like looking at charlize theron and hetero-looking at michael fassbender

for the record if michael fassbender were to lie on top of me and lick my naked back in between talking with his accent i would be somewhat uncomfortable because hetero

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's not gay if it's with Fassbender

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
michael f. assbender

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anything with david or walter (apart from the bad "twist" ending or crudup being a moron and the hilariously bad cgi baby alien) in covenant was good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

I liked Resurrection more than Prometheus, but that's because it was Jeunet as gently caress. If someone else directed the same script I don't think that would be the case.

Yeah a zany french action film doesn't really mesh with aliens but if it had been just a random movie it would have been great.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kinda like how prometheus would've been marginally better had it just been an ancient astronaut movie with no connection to alien.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Groovelord Neato posted:

kinda like how prometheus would've been marginally better had it just been an ancient astronaut movie with no connection to alien.

Prometheus would have still had the "everyone on the crew is an idiot" problem.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's why i said marginally!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

David is so dope

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kingcom posted:

their secret base making bombs

I like how everyone seems to acknowledge that the crew is dumber than a sack of bricks, but believe that the captain's random statement that came completely at random out of the blue during a panic attack is the gospel truth.

There's no reason it needed to be a weapons depot or anything that could be comprehended by human minds, him calling it that should have been explored as the grasping at straws that it was and as part of a discussion that at the core humans can only think of war

But that would have required, you know, a competent sci-fi writer

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

theyre as bad as alien and aliens are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

b-minus1 posted:

I audibly lol'd in the theater when Dave bot kissed himself.

• Locked thread