Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Jinx
Edge: 2/2 PP: 3/3+1

Jinx hauls herself onto the edge of the passenger side door, which makes the car's suspension complain. Despite her place on the opposite side of the vehicle, she's still capable of reaching the security window.

"Hello! We're the new security staff. Here are our passes," she says, handing them over. "And we'd appreciate it if we could get one hard hat, please."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Wisely following the mantra of 'gently caress you, pay me', Monster fangs the car down the dirt roads until they get to the front office. Which was vital to the 'pay me' part of the planning.

Sheer utilitarian, one had to say. Obviously the mines shifted and moved frequently enough that any structure more permanent than a collection of shipping containers just wasn't practical. But admin and bureaucracy were not overlooked, because it still existed and the guard up front was spitting out regs like the pains in the arse they were. Fleeing the scene, if that was on the cards, wasn't going to go unnoticed here.

The office worker, a long suffering ork stuffed into a long sleeve shirt that looked five sizes too small, glares at Monster's voice like a particularly annoying blowfly. Jinx shoving her head out the window, though, helps matters progress a little more smoothly. Having a face to see, for one, and being big enough to see that this car full of idiots being the new on-site security probably wasn't some bullshit 'joke' being pulled by the bored mine drone operators.

Snatching the passes up, the ork looks over them thoroughly, a fastidious manner if anybody in Oztralia had one. If these had been faked, no doubt right now this ork would be pulling a rather large gun on the car and hitting some kind of alarm. It seemed the sort of place to overreact like that. But given their passes were freshly handed out by the guard they pass muster. The ork still seems to waste their time deliberately though, making sure each one in turn was on the level.

Everything was legit. No way around it. Grunting, the ork tosses the passes back into the car. Through the driver side window and in Monster's face, to be precise. Closely followed by one hard hat, as requested. But on the bright side, they were absolutely going to get paid a bounty for whatever it is they kill now! Presuming they don't die in the process!

Another forklift zips up behind them, and a fat-bellied elf honks the horn angrily for them to stop hogging the office. The AR signage towards the open-cut mine is pretty clear, if Monster somehow didn't see the massive gently caress off hole in the ground with her own eyes already. However there was a a distinct lack of monsters to murder so far.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 23, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx is patient enough to wait until the car is stopped and all the runners have bailed out before she seats the helmet on Monster's head, even taking care not to muss the little shaman's Halloweener cap.

"There, now you're all Health and Safety compliant! You look safer already."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“They are very nice people here. Very thorough,” the troll idly observes as she tucks her pass away. If this was sarcasm, she is clearly a master of deadpan. “Now we find a person to talk to about these creatures we will be hunting! There has to be somebody who has more to say about the situation than ‘unforeseen reptilian activity’.”

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna
EDG: 3/3 PP: 5/5

"This place looks classy," Joanna mutters, as they pull in. She's quickly checking the layout and committing it to memory. Nope, no quick escapes here. At least there's nothing cool to hijack, so it's less of a concern.

Joanna grabs a pass, makes a face, and then puts it over her neck, like some kind of prole. But, there *is* real work to do. She reaches into her leg compartment and pulls out her two fly-spies, and hucks them out the window, sending them up into the air to get some perspective.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The mini-drones fly up high, soon disappearing from sight to everybody without enhanced eyeballs. The signal it sends back to Jo though is crystal clear.

The scan shows a fairly normal looking mine, excepting of course just how freaking huge it was. There is one section that isn't the orange and red of the rest of the dirt though, instead being a pale blue and white from what seemed to be the sheer number of hazardous, critter melting acidic chemicals being hosed over the area. It was probably likely a good place to start.

Driving down the dozen or so layers to the bottom might take a while.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

In response to the hard hat, Monster makes the same sort of exasperated expression that a cat might make as its owner dresses it up in a sweater and fancy hat.

She flips off the forklift behind them and peels out of the office, kicking up dirt and rocks in the operator's face. It was fine, he had the proper eye protection on! Before the grumpy office worker could protest, she escapes onto the path, following Joanna's drones towards the toxic sludge pit.

"Alright, let's see if there's anyone over there who might have seen something."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“It does make you wonder,” Full Stop muses as they approach the section of the part that was being chemically scoured or polluted or something, “what came first? The giant reptiles or the deadly chemicals?” After a beat, she shrugs. “I suppose the main thing is that we get paid for this!”

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

She almost wishes she hadn't.

"drat, that is some ugly countryside," she comments to the others. "What I wouldn't give for a good skycar to get down there," she adds. "Can't believe the overseers don't have some we can 'borrow'", she says, getting that look in her eyes.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The ride down was worse than even the dirt roads they've been on already. At least they were roads. These were dirt paths cut into the side of a mine, regularly torn up by 100-tonne dump trucks and covered in chemical trailings. Monster is bounced around like kid in a jumping castle, while Jinx and Full Stop wack their heads on the roof a dozen or more times. It is a minor miracle that the tyres don't explode along the way and that the windshield hasn't shattered from the rocks flying up and smashing into it.

Eventually getting to the bottom of the mine and dodging massive machinery and drones, Monster pulls up in a massive dust cloud that is sure to be appreciated by the work crew currently dousing the cliff face with caustic chemical stuff. Not quite fitting in with the other mining equipment around, they entire work crew stop and turn gawk at them. Their supervisor shouts and waves at them to not stop no matter what, stomping towards the car looking like he was ready to beat somebody to death through the windshield. But the full helmet he was wearing, complete with built-in computer and scanner, picks up your passes and authorisation immediately. The anger subsides and he seems relieved as he flicks up the visor.

"Youse the professionals the boss was talkin' about? The shamans?" He inquires, voice the sound of gravel in an old cement mixer. "The spirits here is fuckin' up on us something chronic. The earth don't like it, worse than normal. I'm pullin' my boys after this."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

Still just the slightest bit rattled from the less-than-relaxing drive down here, Veronika glances at the others. “Ah, well. Professionals, yes, certainly,” she then replies, extricating herself from the car and thoroughly dusting herself off. “But the spirits I personally channel are more of the leaden kind. If you know what I mean.”

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"Lead spirits are fine, but no explodey spirits in the tunnels, please." She advises Full Stop. "And I'll refrain from starting any fires in there for everyone's sake."

Monster refuses to leave the vehicle and instead opts to awkwardly lean halfway out the window, bonking her head on the door in the process. Good thing she had that hard hat on. "Yeah, great. Hey, can I drive this thing in there?" She waves over to the mine shaft. "I don't feel like walking forever. There anything in the way?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Of course a team of troubleshooters would have a big troll with them. It only made sense for the kinda of trouble they had to shoot, and the mine wouldn't spend money on anything but the best. But the worksite supervisor doesn't get the word play at all. "Yeah, right." He says after a couple moments of silence, not exactly sure what to add. "Yeah, spirits. 'round the mine and all." He goes with, assuming it was a safe bet.

Monster, being a lot louder and not trying to make plays on words, proves less tricky to understand. Not that what she did say was any less confusing. "Drive?" With his face obscured behind his industrial protection, the team can't see the confused expression upon his face. "Uhh. I mean. It's big enough for ya car, yeah." He says, exactly sure on the details here. But he did want to be helpful. "But… you wanna drive right into the bloody thing? Is that it? Then yeah, it's big enough. You'll be right." The man repeats. "Jus' don't touch the chem mix! It'll probably eat your skin off."

Robodog fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 22, 2018

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

Getting to the bottom of the cliff is not a good time, but they finally get there and get stared at. Gee, thanks. Joanna humphs faintly and rolls her eyes at the shouting. "This job better pay enough for new lungs," she says. Her eyes go a bit wider when they mention spirits. "Awh crap," she mutters. Spirits and her do not generally get along.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx looks back over her shoulder at the kleptomaniac. "What, do you and spirits not get along?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

"Everybody know they don't really like the chrome," Joanna answers. "Also really territorial and possessive," she raises her hand and waggles them, jazz hands style, and puts on a spooky voice. "'You shall not trespass here!' 'These are sacred objects'"

Joanna snorts in derision. "C'mon! You can't take it with you! Let it do somebody else some good."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"Yeah, makes sense," she says, "that they wouldn't like you. Listen, can you just not touch any mining equipment while we're in there? Please? Or any loving weird spirit poo poo? Thanks."

Monster shakes her head and lets out a frustrated sigh. The car gently rolls into the tunnel, the dim lighting overwhelmed by the bright headlights. Thanks to the whole place being constructed for massive mining machinery, there's plenty of space to maneuver and it hardly feels as claustrophobic as one would imagine a mine shaft to be. In fact, it's positively cavernous. Suspiciously so. The ventilation seems more than adequate and gives the sensation of a pleasant breeze.

"I'm stopping as soon as I feel anything, got it? So if I give you a brake check, get your guns up," she says, scanning around as they progress deeper inside. "And let me know if you feel anything weird."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
It's clear that the supervisor does not like taking instruction from Monster in any form. But, even one such as he had to concede that it was better to send in experts to deal with a problem like this. Even if the experts weren't actually experts and were just on the sly trying to rob anything remotely valuable. Hell, even if he did know that it was better to shove the heads of these idiots down there than his own or any of his workers.

He whistles an ear piercing trill and all the mining operations around one by one turn off. The big hoses to spew chemicals, the massive dump trucks, the mining robots, all of it. "Consider it not touched." He grunts at Monster, not terribly impressed at this still. But no way this going wrong was going to be dumped in his lap. He waves for any of his lingering crew to clear the area and the way forward for the team of consummate professionals is clear.

Driving right into a huge, dark cavern might be a little unnerving. Even with the headlights on and whatever augmented cybereyes various heads may have installed, the all encompassing darkness is far from comforting. The only noise is the car engine, the echo deafening you all to any other noises that might be coming from deeper down the mining tunnel. This continues on for minutes, the slow pace of the cautious crawl forward serving Monster well so far.

It's less a break check and more the sudden thud of rear ending a dumpster full of burning tyres. It catches Monster off-guard, and everybody else not even at the wheel is tossed about less than gently. Suddenly a massive, reptilian head dawns in front of the car.

Grats you ran into a snek, roll that Initiative Dice Pool?? Then whoever is first have a go!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Are we doing Initiative Pools or the narrative initiative? If it's the former, I'm afraid I've forgotten what our power level is.

Either way, Atlatl is still overseas for a little while longer, so someone will need to do a thing for Monster.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
This is 'oh no bad thing shoot it' actual init pool, and you guys are on Street Runner level iirc. Which means 6 dice. As far as I can tell, Axe and gnoll get an additional die each from the wired reflexes. Plus however many plot points you wanna spend for an exchange of 1pp = +1d6.

And yeah atl is gone so Monster gets Init: 6d6 22

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"What the fu - NOPE! NOPE! BACK!"

The passengers are jerked back in the opposite direction as Monster drops the clutch hard and reverses like a rally car driver in an exhibition. The car jerks from side to side as it hops over something - presumably some smaller portion of the snake - and races backwards in a desperate attempt to get some room between the overgrown reptile and the team. She fumbles with getting her gun drones in the air, too focused on trying to maintain a good pace and a stable firing platform for the others.

"Shoot it! Shoot it!"

Drive 3 + AGI 6 to reverse: 9d6t5 4

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx goes to shoot the monster. "Cover your ears," she shouts as she lights up a giant snake with a machine gun in a mine tunnel while hanging out the side of a hot rod, which is definitely a sentence.

It is suddenly very, very loud.

Init: 7d6 24 2 hits
Shoot snek: 11d6 39
Bioware arms reroll: 2d6 8 total 5 hits, 8P damage

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 2 PP

Given her considerable mass, the troll isn’t jolted quite as much as by the initial impact of car on giant snake. She locks eyes with the critter for a few moment when it rears its ugly, oversize head; then, with astounding calm, she produces an also slightly oversize assault rifle from beneath her poncho. “Engaging,” Full Stop announces, leans out of the window, and opens fire at the wondrous reptile, her Kriegfaust’s three-round bursts a sharp staccato bark in these tight confines.

Initiative: 7d6t5 2 hits. Didn’t get much out of my additional plot point there, but oh well!

Opening up w/ Kriegfaust assault rifle: 11d6t5 4 hits. Damage is 8P plus excess hits, if I don’t miss outright.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

"Mining equipment has *very* low resale value," Joanna tells Monster, with a tone of distaste, as if she'd just been accused of wearing two different plaids. "Even with all that tungs.....WHAT THE CRAP!?"

And then they're racing backwards, which puts Joanna scrambling to get back in her seat from the back-side of the seat ahead of her. The thief balances and....nope, no drones are up, so her hand shoots to her side and pulls her pistol. It's shots are comically puny compared to Full Stop's rifle.

Init: 6d6 27
Potshotting the snek: 6d6t5 1
Cybereyes failure reroll: 1d6t5 1
Pistol does 6P damage.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 3, 2018

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Say what you will about the ragtag group of runners, in previous lives at least some of them had top of the line military training. Those killer instincts kick into gear in the (giant) face of this now perturbed and angry snake, and the foresight to load up with highly deadly and extremely illegal weapons is most fortuitous. The target is too big and the shooters too skilled to miss any of their shots, each bullet fired sounding like cannon fire this close to peoples' heads and in such an enclosed space. Ideally the risk of destroying eardrums would deter using such huge guns like this, but when snakes are about there was no time to worry about little things like lingering tinnitus.

Full Stop's assault rifle and Jinx's machine gun manage to chew through the tough chemically enhanced scales in the first few volleys. After that it wasn't long before blood and discoloured venom start leaking out of each subsequent bullet hole shot into the beast. The oozing liquid is toxic enough to eat through the rock where it drips, though there isn't quite enough time to study such things with the speed Monster was reverse away from the snake.

This damage, predicability, pisses off the snake quite a lot. It seems to redouble efforts to kill the runners rather than retreat and lick any wounds. The snake seems to be infuriated, and that burning rage builds up into an actual fire that it spews out of its nostrils. Working on a similar principle to napalm or a similar kind of flamethrower, sticky flammable goo is stuck on the front of the car as the jet of flame washes over the vehicle. Though glass and metal are starting to melt away, the engine block and tyres seem to be hanging in there for the moment.

----
Okay so after a coin flip to break up the tie break on 2 successes init order is:

Jo
Full Stop
Jinx
Monster
~~SNEK BREAK~snek init: 8d6t5 1~SNEK BREAK~~
That motherfucker Wrangler Hax who didn't roll

Now comes damage

to not get hit: 3#13d6t5 6 3 4

SO Jo up first 1 vs 6 nope. Full Stop 4 vs 3 N O I C E. add 1 difference to 8P = 9 physical. Jinx 5 vs 4 N O I C E. add 1 difference to 8P = 9 physical. so 18 physical all up, which one round chews through all 15 natural armour on snek and knocks 3 into the damage track. which means 'a –1 modifier to all future die rolls.' on snek

in turn, snek shoots out fire at the car
fire breath: 14d6t5 5 MINUS 1 for 4
vs
rolling defence against snek fire: 11d6t5 3
way to gently caress up monster. 7P on the car which uh, one more dent in the paintwork and it's hosed.

Now axe is up, then all you other idiots. Go in any order since now that ~~SNEK BREAK~ is in the init order you all effective have a shot before the snek does anything new. FYI you're one more movement turn to drive backwards out of the cave. also FYI unless you have cyberears or similar protection ya'll take 2S due to the being deafened by a loving machine gun being let off in your ears in a tunnel.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx
2S on the clock

Ah, there's that tinnitus feeling again. Just like old times.

Jinx manages to keep a bead on the snake in spite on the sudden reversing, and the recoil, and also the enormous gout of flame filling the tunnel. In contrast to Full Stop's careful aimed bursts, Jinx just holds down the trigger and lets her mass do the rest.The machine gun keeps chewing through its belt, and the cacophony continues.

Shoot again: 11d6 32
Bioware arms reroll: 2d6 12
Total 4 hits, still 8P

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster
EDG: 3 -> 2/3 PP: 5/5

Monster can feel her voice, but the combination of adrenaline and machineguns going off in her ear make it impossible to determine just how loudly she was yelling. With the car steady on course, she jams one knee into the steering wheel to free her hands to motion at the fire. The flames are pliant and bend to her will, and she snuffs out most of it in the engine compartment with ease.

She briefly considers how all those warcrimes and arson jobs have given her a set of tools to do good with, and... Actually, using black magic to stop a car fire while fighting nature for a big corporation isn't really anything to brag about. It was certainly a step up from keeping people on fire for longer, at least. Persistent improvement is important! She briefly imagines hearing Quokka applaud her efforts.

The last of the flames on the hood go out. Monster grips the wheel just in time to narrowly avoid clipping a piece of mining machinery. They had to be close to the exit.

4 Sorcery + 4 WIL + 1 Pre-Edge to put out the fire: 9d6t4 7 nailed it, at least until I gently caress up the dodge again and get the car melted proper

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
X-Mas is a busy time so no rush or nothing, but if I get back to this after my holidays stuff and still no posts I'll skip over the non-posters in the turn order to the ones who have posted stuff and churn over another round

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 2 PP

A slight grimace is the extent of Veronika’s acknowledging the ringing in her ears as she squeezes off another couple of bursts at the monstrous snake. What else is there to do right now?

Assault rifle, the second: 11d6t5+1d6t5! 6 hits. Damage = 8P plus excess hits, as before.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Though the sight of such a monster would shake most fireteams, we are talking about pure professionals here. Veterans who have been through the worst shadow wars the megacorps can throw at each other. They wouldn’t have survived that if just the sight of a hideous magical infused death machine shook their nerve.

A second volley thunder from machine gun and rifle, as well as a third and forth. For as long as Monster’s driving and the car itself hold up, the gunfire continues. Though it was an impossibility for every single bullet to strike true given the situation and condition of their rides suspension, enough do and the fire is heavy enough that the scaled armour of the snake is shredded to pieces. And, in a poor piece of engineering by whatever creator designed this snake, all the soft squishy bits that hurt the most from guns are located at the front. With nothing left to protect it, the soft insides are filled with lead in moments.

As a tyre bursts the car comes skidding out backwards from the mine shaft, threatening to topple before shuddering to a painful stop. Coming right out after is the snake, sheer momentum and death throes propelling it out of its den in the tunnel and slamming down hard on a pile of equipment and a forklift nearby. As blood starts oozing out of where the head used to be, everything directly underneath begins to smoke in an honestly quite concerning manner. The mine crew, having heard gunfire and snake hissing, had run the hell away and were continuing to put distance between themselves and the monstrous dead snake.

----

~~SNEK BREAK~snek init: 8d6t5 1~SNEK BREAK~~ < To not get hit: 3#12d6t5 3 3 3
That motherfucker Wrangler Hax who STILL didn't roll < paralysed by ~SNEK FEAR~ and does nothing
Jo < Going to be generous and say second is same as the first, Shoot snek: 6d6t5 1 . 1 vs. 3 is another miss.
Full Stop < 6 vs 3 is a hit! 11P total.
Jinx < 4 vs 3 is a hit! 9P total.
Monster < As roll, nailed the car not explode roll.

20P on the poor armourless snek means that sucker is dead by something like twice over. You all take another 1S from the gunfire, which thanks to the initial deafening is way less painful the second time around.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx
3S on the clock

Jinx knocks some excess brass off the car, which will surely make the difference in its continued structural integrity.

"IS EVERYONE OKAY?" She's done this enough to really enunciate and use complimentary hand signals.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

"I'm just going to throw my gun next time," Joanna says with a grumble. She should have gotten those nice arms with the gyro-stabilized hangs, but *noooooo* she just had to *eat*. Pft. Thankfully, Full Stop and Jinx are very well armed, and Joanna ducks down as they unload at the giant snake.

With Jinx's question, she raises her head. "Yes," she says, and peers at the snake behind them. "I'd hoped this job would involve more infiltrating parties in slinky gowns," she says. "Or at least fighting bears. Australia has fighting bears, right?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster
EDG: 2/3 PP: 5/5

"gently caress!" Monster kills the engine, and jumps out to survey the damage. She kicks at the shredded tire. "I just got this drat thing!"

A sigh. She wanders around to the back of the car, losing no time in trying to get the spare off the back. This was quite enough for one day, and the sooner they were out of there, the better. "You think fighting bears would be any better? I wouldn't be surprised if they breathe fire too!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

Jo leans over the side and eyes the tire that Monster's kicking. "At least it's not a giant dragon in purple shorts," she says. "Guess we're walking," she asks, as she hops out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx
3S on the clock

Jinx squints at the thief. "NO, I DON'T THINK EVEN AUSTRALIA HAS BITING PEARS."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"What?" She's screaming at the top of her lungs to hear herself, and nearly falls over as she jerks the spare free. "Fighting tires? Like run flats? I'm sure there are some here!"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 2 PP | Stun Dmg.: 3 (-1 to rolls)

The troll frowns at the ringing in her ears as she gets out of the car, annoyed more than anything – it’s not usually an issue in her line of work, but then again she doesn’t use an actual machine gun either. As she doesn’t feel inclined to shout herself hoarse in addition to whatever hearing damage she just sustained, Full Stop instead goes to help Monster with the spare tyre.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The mix of sulphurous acid melting flesh and metal, several kilos of brass bullet casings, gunpowder and burning car parts meant only one thing. A job well done!

And also a hell of a clean up job for somebody. But that somebody would have to be employed by the mine or be another contractor. The foreign import exterminators had a bad enough job ahead of them getting their car fixed up and getting the hell out of here; forget dealing with any of their own snake related fallout.

The damage was severe, as was obvious the second the vehicle was surveyed, there was no two ways about it. Monster knew a totalled car when she saw one. And this was a wreck, to be sure. But more important than looks or ride comfort was that the engine block was still intact and thanks to the spare tyre in the rear all four wheels were still on the car. This vehicle was still technically drivable.

Getting that spare tyre on was a bit tricky. The chassis being bombed out didn't help. And there was no jack. However, Full Stop proved to be a pretty handy replacement in a pinch. Especially so as most of the extra weight from side panels and glass and passengers and ammunition has been helpfully remove by the friendly snake. It wasn’t even the heaviest Full Stop had had to deadlift, though she wouldn't be telling the others it was definitely up there. Her reputation had to survive this reptilian encounter.

While the group of now professional pest exterminators were busy shouting their large calibre deafness away, some of the more brave and or stupid local miners start to poke their heads out of cover to see what the hell just happened. Besides the dead snake, of course. That was clear to everybody even while cowering behind tractors and diggers and mounds of dug up detritus. Most of them are shocked or pleasantly surprised, and a few cheers erupt from the rough and rowdy crowd.

The supervisor, who for the scale of the carnage around him seemed pretty unfazed by any of it, walks closer than most and takes some recordings of the mutilated snake. For as slapdash as some of the mine seemed to be, the business side worked with the cold efficiency of any proper corp. As soon as the job was verified as completed by the vision of the destroyed snake, the security passes still sitting in the back seat light up with flashing green and orange impact font 'CONTRACT PAID OUT'.

And then, after a few moments, an additional message.

'Ensure carcass is egg free for +50% bonus payment'.

You all get (because this system is bad and has no real monetary systems to speak of) One [1] Free GM Voucher for Purchase of any Large Expensive Piece of Equipment (1FGMVPLEPE) you like! Car, drone, weapon, chrome, anything! In addition to say… 15 karma? Everything is good to spend that on within reason.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 2 PP | Stun dmg: 3 (-1 to rolls)

She lifts a hand in modest acknowledgement of the miners’ cheers. It happens all too rarely, truthfully speaking, that anyone expresses something resembling gratitude towards her for her work, so this right here actually feels…kinda good. Not quite the fathomless adoration Miley Kinogre reaps from her fanatically loyal fans, but then again the electrOz star doesn’t shoot people (and monsters) for a living. To the best of Full Stop’s considerable knowledge, that is.

With the tyre changed, the troll steps back and scrutinises the rather beaten-up car. “You know,” she tells no one in particular, still speaking a little louder than is strictly necessary, “if we’re going to keep driving this, especially into giant snake lairs and such, we should put some armour on it.” Full Stop scratches her chin. “And run-flat tyres. And reinforced glass for the windows and windscreen. And a weapon hardpoint or two, maybe.”

At this point she notices the newly popped-up message on her security pass. “Well, we should probably not leave perfectly good money on the table,” Veronika notes and walks over to the dead snake. “How do we make sure there are no eggs left? Would burning it even work?” She looks around the construction site. “Feed it into one of those giant rock grinders, if they have one here?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"Yes, thank you. Very OBVIOUS UPGRADES!" She kicks what remains of the burnt door panel, denting it in. Her temper still flared, Monster continues to rant. "What, you think I just want to roll in on someone with a busted up show buggy? gently caress off! And unless I can somehow get nanocomposite tires out here in the MIDDLE OF loving NOWHERE," she she spins around, waving at her surroundings, "then we'll just have to deal with melted rubber, alright?"

She takes a single long, centering breath, though it goes on long enough that she's probably just doing it wrong.

It was a valiant effort, at least.

"I'll get the rest of those things if I've got the money." She grumbles. Monster pulls her flamethrower from the back of the buggy and casually attempts to light the snake. It doesn't catch at all, even after a prolonged gout. "That answers that question... Somebody wanna try convincing them to let us chunk this thing? Do you think it has acid for blood? Wouldn't that gently caress up the machines?"