Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

For D&D podcasts, Dragon Friends is good. Bunch of drunk Australian comedians goofing around in D&Dland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Ibblebibble posted:

For D&D podcasts, Dragon Friends is good. Bunch of drunk Australian comedians goofing around in D&Dland.

This is correct. I'm 7 episodes in and it's been a pleasure.

If you're into video games, check out the Game Informer podcast. It's pretty entertaining. They do reviews, news, listener emails, they have interviews with people in the industry. Sometimes they do little gameshows.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
im listening to some adventure zone and episode 54 theyre just arguing with each other and it's like real arguing, i didn't know podcasts could be this awkard, is this what the rest of the series is, just guys not wanting to be there being super passive aggressive?

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Last Podcast On The Left
Godawful Movies
We Hate Movies
The Flophouse
Blurry Photos
Thinking Sideways
Your Stupid Minds
Sunday School Dropouts
The How-To Heretic

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I have listened to so much Spontaneanation.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
No agenda, f plus, we hate movies, morph club, and originally a few others like ideotv and adam savage's but they moved away from the original intent and became political

Oh and nerd poker (d&d) is great, and so is thinking poker (actual poker)

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 15, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Didnt nerd poker end a while back?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Could have, I stopped listening to it years ago when I started working on my own game. I need to pick it up again later

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

im listening to some adventure zone and episode 54 theyre just arguing with each other and it's like real arguing, i didn't know podcasts could be this awkard, is this what the rest of the series is, just guys not wanting to be there being super passive aggressive?

I'm pretty sure you're around the part where the dad talks about his grey pubes

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Snowy posted:

Yes

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
1. Last Podcast on the Left (actually Henry's asian accent on the aum shinrikyo episode is the funniest thing they've done)
2. Kill Tony (sometimes good asian accents)
3. Your Mom's House (sometimes good asian accents)
4. TigerBelly (also top-notch asian accents)
5. F+ (asian accents?)
6. Tinfoil Hat (alien accents?)
7. DTFH

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Nerd Poker is back but it just doesn't have the same goofy vibe as when Sark was DMing. I listen here and and there but it's very much a straightforward D&D game.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Loveline reruns from 1998

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Do it ironically posted:

What's the argument? I don't remember anything awkward in TAZ, it just gets a little self serious near the end which isn't really any of the boys strength.

Speaking of, TAZ is really the only d&d podcast I've been able to stick to for any length of time based solely on the people involved. As someone who loves d&d I have a particular dislike of hearing about other people's campaigns and experiences - much like listening to people describe their dreams they're almost universally banal, and even the good ones are far less clever and/or funny than the person describing it thinks.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Laterite posted:

Nerd Poker is back but it just doesn't have the same goofy vibe as when Sark was DMing. I listen here and and there but it's very much a straightforward D&D game.

Oh I was confused because where I listen the latest episode is still entitled Farewell For Now or something.

Dr. Jim Sadler
Jan 6, 2006

No, the fact that -you- don't wanna wear a thong is because you're still afraid of 9/11!

Ardemia posted:

He has a particular brand of humor that has a very narrow area of appeal. If you are in that area though, it is like the funniest poo poo ever. His awful but earnest parody songs are a great example of that. I also want to mention his most Wiger-ist joke/reference: Sheltem from Might and Magic. IIRC they were coming up with aliens for something, and he brings up Sheltem. The other co host (Mike Mitchell) is just like "What in the gently caress is a sheltem" and he has to explain it and even after explaining it everyone on the ep is like what the gently caress, but I was laughing for a minute straight. He also has a callback joke he's done like 2 or 3 times about Lakitu from super mario. He is a Robot, but he can suck his own dick.

The 4/20 episode where he smokes weed for the first time in two decades is quite good. Its an episode with Jon Gabrus in it, and is a solid starting point for the show if you haven't listened before.
EDIT: last year's 4/20 show was a chicken nugger power hour. Brilliant.

The 4/20 episode is definitely a great intro. Anything that gets Wiger to talk about reefer is gold.

Yes, the parody songs are great, along with the awkward transition into the segment. Wiger's songs reminds of what may be their peak of owning a monopoly on nonsensical scoring systems. I am always irritated and delighted whenever they do Hot or Not, when they inevitably add even more gradations to the overly complex scale.

I also get a kick out of his running bit of deep cut Sonic references to Evan Susser.

Everyone should also watch his amazing sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2df6x2YEeu8 (You have to make it past 0:58)

Okay, enough of sucking Nick Wiger's dick, he does that enough on his own.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Snowy posted:

A few years ago I had a mindless lovely summer job and binged on that and I think it was already over by the time I started listening to it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

He Who Smelt It posted:

1. Last Podcast on the Left (actually Henry's asian accent on the aum shinrikyo episode is the funniest thing they've done)

"I'm not going to do an Asian accent out of respect for the subject matter"

13 minutes later

"I rike.."

"Goddamnit Henry we're 14 minutes in"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Mainline that poo poo right into my veins, please. A simpler time, before we knew both hosts were shitheads and Andy Dick was considered at most a quirky but entertaining goofball.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Street Fight Radio is a fun podcast if you are a white trash anarchist and Chapo is always a good time.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Laterite posted:

Mainline that poo poo right into my veins, please. A simpler time, before we knew both hosts were shitheads

or rather we weren't hyperfocused on dividing everyone into neat buckets of 'good perfect peopleTM' and 'evil mustache twirling EVILS'

people, of course, have always been flawed but it wasn't until social madia (just coined this fyi) came around that we became sanctimonious assholes 24/7 to assuage the underlying mass-depression associated with modern life

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Hey guys this weeks episode is brought to you by Audible and Casper mattresses!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

tsa posted:

or rather we weren't hyperfocused on dividing everyone into neat buckets of 'good perfect peopleTM' and 'evil mustache twirling EVILS'

people, of course, have always been flawed but it wasn't until social madia (just coined this fyi) came around that we became sanctimonious assholes 24/7 to assuage the underlying mass-depression associated with modern life

I think you'll see I said they were shitheads, not evil, thanks.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Like, Adam Carolla is the living embodiment of FYIGM and Dr Drew has literally had multiple people die after being "treated" by him on reality TV. They do make a great broadcast team and were entertaining as hell back in the day though.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

General Dog posted:

This was me until just a couple months ago. It was all I would listen to at work. But when I start remembering calls from every episode between 1998 and 2007, I started to feel a little sad and pathetic. Hence, podcasts.

Also, I really couldn't give a poo poo about Dr. Drew or Adam in the media now. They taught me much MUCH more than my Midwestern Sex Ed ever did in grade/high school, and they were entertaining.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Have you guys heard of this podcast called "Cum town"? Sounds twisted as f..

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Original_Z posted:

Hey guys this weeks episode is brought to you by Audible and Casper mattresses!

*stabs "+15 seconds" button 8 times*

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

doctorfrog posted:

*stabs "+15 seconds" button 8 times*
This is one reason I like the commercial format that gimlet shows use. They bookend their poo poo or use background music during commercials, so I know when to stop mashing skip ahead.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

spb posted:

Have you guys heard of this podcast called "Cum town"? Sounds twisted as f..

Yes I'm a hound for the cum.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are there any good podcasts that aren't about horrible poo poo that has happened in history

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

There are plenty of podcasts that aren't about your post history

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Careful Drums posted:

are there any good podcasts that aren't about horrible poo poo that has happened in history

The history of genocides podcast doesnt have that much history in it but the guys laugh is pretty annoying

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Careful Drums posted:

cumtown

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Heres what I listen to. I have a 45 minute commute so I have plenty of time.

App is Overcast

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Deified Data posted:

What's the argument? I don't remember anything awkward in TAZ, it just gets a little self serious near the end which isn't really any of the boys strength.

the dude who does the magnus character is just so passive aggressive, started around the halfway point of the suffering game arc, just constant with the comments and poo poo, if wanted to listen to that i'd go hang out with my family

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the suffering game is the worst arc

the chars have 0 agency, theres nothing funny and just constant horrible poo poo happening to them, theres no npcs for them to interact with other than the one companion who does almost literally nothing. its just incredibly unfun, easily the low point of TAZ

Do it ironically posted:

the dude who does the magnus character is just so passive aggressive, started around the halfway point of the suffering game arc, just constant with the comments and poo poo, if wanted to listen to that i'd go hang out with my family

i think thats travis? yeah hes def the worst of the 3

Stexils fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 15, 2018

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Stexils posted:

i think thats travis? yeah hes def the worst of the 3

When he was a guest on The Flop House I was surprised what a dick he was.

Also Im glad to find out that Im not the only one who thinks TAZ sucks now. I really wonder if their numbers tanked after the balance arc (bleh on that name) ended.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Teenagers with Attitude is a fun power rangers podcast.

Also has a bunch of transwomen on it which is cool, usually when transpeople are on a podcast it is explicitly about being trans or the trans experience, but here that's just who they are and they enjoy talking about power rangers.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

beep-beep car is go posted:

When he was a guest on The Flop House I was surprised what a dick he was.

Also I’m glad to find out that I’m not the only one who thinks TAZ sucks now. I really wonder if their numbers tanked after the “balance arc” (bleh on that name) ended.

Travis was pretty good on Hello From the Magic Tavern, though I admit something about him rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm treating him unfairly, but I feel like Travis is the one out of the three that would be, or is, most affected by being famous, even to the small degree that they are.

Anyway, if you're into old Hollywood movies and actors, check out "You Must Remember This". Episodes normally center around particular actors or eras and there's a lot of detail, but the host will sometimes cover other related topics. Her 10 part series on Charles Manson and the Manson Family Murders is worth listening to even if you never check out another episode.

• Locked thread