Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Say what you want about trump but his towers actually exist

say what you want about Tesla but they are loving everywhere here in San Diego

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/881757617416056832

Tesla production passed 300,000 vehicles in February 2018.

lol yes we'll definitely be making the same amount of cars in a month that we have in a year (hint: they didn't)

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

Pretty much :shrug:

Tesla obviously does have some product being delivered though.

a paradoxical question is it better to spend money on a product that will catch fire and is designed to mow down pedestrians or nonexistent internet spaceships

Woden
May 6, 2006

Elukka posted:

That's the case for CRS (ISS resupply) with the Dragon 2, which probably has to do with it being more expensive than Dragon 1, but that's only part of gov launches. It's why I specified satellite launches for the "four times cheaper" figure.

Where's that stuff about taking money and using it for the wrong things from?

He said after the Falcon Heavy launch that Dragon was now priority one, they took their biggest pay cheque for it but didn't have it at the top of the list.

Admittedly the Falcon 9 did need work since one of them blew up, but all the Heavy talk and then launch as well as all the BFR stuff was really annoying NASA folk who wanted to get people to space in a non Russian rocket.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Woden posted:

He said after the Falcon Heavy launch that Dragon was now priority one, they took their biggest pay cheque for it but didn't have it at the top of the list.

Admittedly the Falcon 9 did need work since one of them blew up, but all the Heavy talk and then launch as well as all the BFR stuff was really annoying NASA folk who wanted to get people to space in a non Russian rocket.
A bunch of the F9 work is related to the crew rating. Solving engine turbopump cracks and developing new helium tanks are two that pop to mind.

Regardless of one remark on priorities I imagine if they were actually taking money for crew rating F9 and spending it on something else they would have the GAO screaming at them for misusing funds. Also it's probably not the same teams working on FH and Dragon.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, does that Grimes chick still have the gross zit?

Will Elon develop an autonomous device to pop it?

If so, what'll come out?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Moridin920 posted:

I always felt like "people want more of your product than you are able to deliver" was a good problem to have tbh.

Only to a point. Much in the same way that growth is good for a company, but growing too quickly too fast can be catastrophic.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tesla and Amazon both suck extreme amounts of rear end. I'll actually give Amazon my money because they actually deliver what they're supposed to deliver, by the time it's supposed to be delivered, at an affordable price, to me, the consumer. Tesla, on the other hand... Lmao

Elon Musk is a loving dork and a hearty lol goes out to the moron goons trying to defend him or his lovely company ITT

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I thought SpaceX secured some more government contracts by being cheap. Where the hell are all the exploding space rockets? Teslas crashing and burning no longer satiates my last for destruction.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I thought SpaceX secured some more government contracts by being cheap. Where the hell are all the exploding space rockets? Teslas crashing and burning no longer satiates my last for destruction.

Yes, only the most deadly rocket failures will sustain my hate erection.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Streak posted:

Tesla and Amazon both suck extreme amounts of rear end. I'll actually give Amazon my money because they actually deliver what they're supposed to deliver, by the time it's supposed to be delivered, at an affordable price, to me, the consumer. Tesla, on the other hand... Lmao

Elon Musk is a loving dork and a hearty lol goes out to the moron goons trying to defend him or his lovely company ITT

The billionaire philantropist entrepreneur who is actively helping to save the world with his inventions is a "dork". Okay :rolleyes:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
buncha posters itt jealous that they'll never accomplish anything a tenth as cool as he has

edit: see below vvvv

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Beef Turret posted:

The billionaire philantropist entrepreneur who is actively helping to save the world with his inventions is a "dork". Okay :rolleyes:

He is a massive dork, idiot manchild, and piece of poo poo. Also he didn't invent a drat thing. hth

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lmao forever that all it takes for some folks to love a soulless silicon valley billionaire is that he tweets le epic bacon memes

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

buncha posters itt jealous that they'll never accomplish anything a tenth as cool as he has

Yes being able to see through his bullshit is "jealousy" 🙄

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

World War Mammories posted:

lmao forever that all it takes for some folks to love a soulless silicon valley billionaire is that he tweets le epic bacon memes

Say what you want about him. The man is a legit hero to millions. That's more than any meme spouting social media dullard can boast of. Besides, nobody's been using le or bacon on any level of irony since the late 2000s, so could you try browsing outside your usual comfort zone of let's play videos and bbs boards for a moment and update your loving strawmen accordingly?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Yes being able to see through his bullshit is "jealousy" 🙄
Misanthropic "this cool thing is actually bad" threads are a cornerstone of GBS but don't pretend they're something more than they are!!! Elon take my energy~

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Misanthropic "this cool thing is actually bad" threads are a cornerstone of GBS but don't pretend they're something more than they are!!! Elon take my energy~

I mean I guess if you ignore the numerous facts and articles itt that show how he and the cars are bad you could say this bad thing is actually cool and good, sure

Beef Turret posted:

The man is a legit hero to millions

hahahahaha

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Also

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/878044200960380928

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
guillotine

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Blue Train posted:

I mean I guess if you ignore the numerous facts and articles itt that show how he and the cars are bad you could say this bad thing is actually cool and good, sure
Cars in general are garbage products and I would never buy one, but it's not on him to transcend that immediately on a first attempt - they're gonna get better and better while ford makes, uhh, more SUVs or some other crap.

also bacon fuckin' rules, I love it

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

You seem to have forgotten... the context :xd:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/878037431789826049

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Defending Elon Musk to own the gibbs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Defending Elon Musk to own the gibbs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Thank you for posting more evidence that he is an idiot manchild

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Turret posted:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Turret posted:

Say what you want about him. The man is a legit hero to millions. That's more than any meme spouting social media dullard can boast of. Besides, nobody's been using le or bacon on any level of irony since the late 2000s, so could you try browsing outside your usual comfort zone of let's play videos and bbs boards for a moment and update your loving strawmen accordingly?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saving the world by producing an overly expensive car that barely anyone can afford and isn't even being shipped out on time, and flying to Mars, instead of investing in affordable housing and food. Good ideas, Mr Musk, you loving stupid-rear end dork.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

I hope he dies of natural causes soon.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

What is he an hero of?

Libertarians?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

What is he an hero of?

Libertarians?

People who f*cking love science!!!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Cars in general are garbage products and I would never buy one

so you agree that tesla is garbage

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Blast of Confetti posted:

a paradoxical question is it better to spend money on a product that will catch fire and is designed to mow down pedestrians or nonexistent internet spaceships

How many times has an electric vehicle caught fire ever? How many conventional cars have caught fire within 5 miles of you this week?

Hate the guy all you like but there are actually existent problems you can criticize.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 6, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Streak posted:

Saving the world by producing an overly expensive car that barely anyone can afford and isn't even being shipped out on time, and flying to Mars, instead of investing in affordable housing and food. Good ideas, Mr Musk, you loving stupid-rear end dork.
hmm sounds like what henry ford did....subsidize r&d with expensive cars for early adopters...cool

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Beef Turret posted:

I think you’re confused, this thread is about that Tesla guy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Zesty posted:

How many times has an electric vehicle caught fire ever? How many conventional cars have caught fire within 5 miles of you this week?

Hate the guy all you like, but there are actually existent problems you can criticize.

Wasn’t there a headline in this very thread about one that caught fire and locked the doors while charging?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bholder posted:

What is he an hero of?

Libertarians?

he sent a car into space! never mind his cars are killing people, SPACE!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

this horseless carriage is quite magnificent, but I dare say sir, you've done little and less to address the growing push towards bimetallism mr ford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

this horseless carriage is quite magnificent, but I dare say sir, you've done little and less to address the growing push towards bimetallism mr ford

Just because Star Citizen hasn’t delivered yet

• Locked thread