Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

kazr posted:

Post your EDC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Oscar Wild posted:

Under occupation fills in "other" circle, types in "MILF HUNTER"

Hell yeah

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Moridin920 posted:

I have no illusions about retirement and am fully planning on just buying a decent rifle when I'm in my 40s/50s or so

I just hit 50. My retirement plan is upping my smoking habit to two packs a day.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Lucid Nonsense posted:

I just hit 50. My retirement plan is upping my smoking habit to two packs a day.

Hope you saved enough. Cost of cig inflation totally will outpace your COLA.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I think they should just send us back to work, pay us, and we'll all cross our fingers and pretend to be furloughed. They've guaranteed us back pay, so it's just a colossal waste of money at this point.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AvesPKS posted:

I think they should just send us back to work, pay us, and we'll all cross our fingers and pretend to be furloughed. They've guaranteed us back pay, so it's just a colossal waste of money at this point.

the funny part is, the federal government can just make money out of nothing. it's not actually a waste of anything.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Yay, I got another pointless all hands meeting with the director in 15 min where he goes on skype video we use a call in # for audio so he can talk about nothing while we watch

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t have any money but I will eat the rear end of any furloughed gov employee

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Rutibex posted:

the funny part is, the federal government can just make money out of nothing. it's not actually a waste of anything.

It's a waste of productive work hours. Its lost work time dealing with the extra turnover resulting from this. I get what you're saying but from an opportunity cost perspective it is a waste of time and will add to the budget unnecessarily.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Oscar Wild posted:

Under occupation fills in "other" circle, types in "MILF HUNTER"

I think you have to be a MILF to be a MILF hunter.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

I don’t have any money but I will eat the rear end of any furloughed gov employee

Sure, leave out the 1.4m contractors. Stingy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Rutibex posted:

That’s a fast way to Zimbabwe-like economy

Is this still going? I think it’s some sort of experiment

How much can the average American take? Just working without pay. Let’s see who cracks. It’s more than they thought

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

That’s a fast way to Zimbabwe-like economy

Is this still going? I think it’s some sort of experiment

How much can the average American take? Just working without pay. Let’s see who cracks. It’s more than they thought

Modern monetary theory is a small consensus among left leaning economists that there’s a lot of room for monetary transfer to lower income groups before inflation kicks in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.6029c49e5e98

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

SorePotato posted:

They just want to privatize which would be much worse

Ah yes the awful days of 80s air travel.

Honestly having clear and global entry/TSA pre air travel is a breeze. I've shown up 20 minutes before the plane was set to leave and have made my flight.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think you have to be a MILF to be a MILF hunter.

Nah, you just need to put yourself in the MIND of a MILF.

*starts attending local community college swim club practices*

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Free burgers :)

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/hopdoddy-offers-free-burgers-to-all-furloughed-federal-workers/1719083263

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1085...6pagenumber%3D6

That article shows that CNN is bad at news. A charity donation is not compensation, contribution or supplement for their services especially when they are currently not providing any services. The only way this could be punishable is if the employee took a donation in exchange for doing a job for the donater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Our ethics official said you can do a go fund me if you didn't refer to your position or that you were affected by furlough. Basically, just beg. He was silent on family members posting those though.

Anyway, see you all on Feb 16!