Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I lived in a few Asian countries. Every single person I knew there in the richer countries had a rice cooker. Every single one. I just don't understand how it "knows". Like, as far as I can tell it's a hotplate and a timer. How does it get the rice perfect every single time no matter what?

I can understand bitching about air friers as a fad but I will loving die on the rice cooker hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I have an air fryer, but I keep a lid on it :rimshot:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My rice cooker is made by Miele and plays Edelweiss when the rice is done.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

bird with big dick posted:

The rice in the high cooker

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My rice cooker plays a loop of Lil Jon shouting "what" every three seconds and there is no setting to mute it. I mean it was great when I could have a house party and everyone would get drunk and eat mad rice, but in covid times, not as much.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A CRAB IRL posted:

I just don't understand how it "knows". Like, as far as I can tell it's a hotplate and a timer. How does it get the rice perfect every single time no matter what?

lol are you serious?

It just goes until the water is gone. Water = yes? Keep cooking. Water = no? Stop cooking. Trust me if you add too much or little water it will not make perfect rice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Mine is more of a macrowave

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Boiling eggs is the easiest poo poo in the world but I bought a $10 little egg cooker so I can cook up batches of medium boiled eggs really quick and make some ramen eggs. Eventually my glass top oven will just be another countertop to put all my electric cookers.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I need to expand my kitchen solely so I have room for more kitchen appliances and accessories

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

A CRAB IRL posted:

I lived in a few Asian countries. Every single person I knew there in the richer countries had a rice cooker. Every single one. I just don't understand how it "knows". Like, as far as I can tell it's a hotplate and a timer. How does it get the rice perfect every single time no matter what?

I can understand bitching about air friers as a fad but I will loving die on the rice cooker hill

It's a heat coil. Once the pot goes above boiling temperature that mean all the water is gone.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

:mad:

quote:

And now we’re known for our whimsical, musical and oh-so-familiar “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” tune which plays at the beginning of a setting. And when a course is finished, the lyrical tune of “Amaryllis” plays!
https://www.zojirushi.com/blog/?p=4406

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

cheeseboy58 posted:

Air fryer and Instapot superiority. Haters stand down

Alright thread, I stand corrected, I've been humbled by the existence of non fan ovens and I've decided it's perfectly sensible to own an air fryer if you don't have a fan oven and ONLY THEN

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I have a zojirushi and it loving rocks, air fryers are meh but everyone should have a rice cooker

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What do you all think the next big fad kitchen appliance will be? I'm going to guess an electric steamer.

E: it can be called a steam boiler or a vapour boiler.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

What do you all think the next big fad kitchen appliance will be? I'm going to guess an electric steamer.

One of those fresh tortilla making machines they have at some fast casual mexican places, but with like 100 different buttons.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In home mini cheese makers.
You pour in like a gallon of milk and a week later one piece of cheese about the size of those mini Bell snack cheeses shits out of it onto your counter.

There's no time control so you just sort of have to be ready for it and it drains whey into your sink all week so you can't move it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a home version of those 3d pancake printers. it runs on a subscription pod service. each pod has a microchip inside. it can only print the specific picture on the pod. Our premium backers get ALL THREE designs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The Fire Man will bring fresh fire to your doorstep every week.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The Fire Man will bring fresh fire to your doorstep every week.

Relayed straight from the latest Amazonian slash-and-burn. Comes complete with authentic underbrush so you can cherish at home an aroma of a soon-to-be eradicated ecosystem.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aquaponics for microgreens but the appeal is more of raising small amounts of tiny fish or shrimp as delicacies than the greens themselves.

They will take months to mature into a functional system and never be able to provide more than a moderate appetizer for one person at a time.

This will add value due to 'scarcity' and drive trends in finding the best combinations of counter top shrimp and greens to grow as annoying as you are.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

"you guys are all idiots with all of these idiot appliances obviously all they do is make stuff hot why not just start a fire in the middle of the floor like me the smart goon who is too smart to need your stupid task specific appliances. What is convenience I do not understand the term beep boop" - kazr (noted dumbass)

I don’t like people enjoying things. :colbert:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i caught 2 bass today and one of them i am about to throw on thegrill but the other is going to become fish tacos and i will use my air fryer to fry the fish for the fish tacos.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

lol just get a blender and blend all meals and snacks into shakes you can just chug down. no time for anything else

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

They make instant rice you microwave for 90 seconds when you are too lazy to use your rice cooker.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

spunkshui posted:

They make instant rice you microwave for 90 seconds when you are too lazy to use your rice cooker.

The last one of these I made required tearing a slit for venting. I forgot to do this and it exploded lmao

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just put a half bag of tots in my rice cooker will write a trip report

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I looked at 10 seconds of a video of those 3d pancake printers and those are 2d pancake printers. Let me know when I can get a sweet dimetrodon pancake where the sail sticks straight up.

Saalkin posted:

lol just get a blender and blend all meals and snacks into shakes you can just chug down. no time for anything else

This, but chug up.
up your butt

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A CRAB IRL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTNhvDGbYI

Boy have I got a 12 minute video for you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My air fryer plays “Edelweiss” while it tugs me off, which is kind of weird but you get used to it. Anyways once it’s done I have perfectly crispy tots and a tugged off hog, and I mean how do you put a price tag on that?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My air fryer plays “Edelweiss” while it tugs me off, which is kind of weird but you get used to it. Anyways once it’s done I have perfectly crispy tots and a tugged off hog, and I mean how do you put a price tag on that?

drat my costco brand one didn't come with a tug function

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
I want a rice cooker but I don’t eat rice that often so it seems like overkill.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Look at these posters who don't have a Zojirushi rice cooker. Point of them is that you got good, warm rice ready for you at any time. Plus sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, plus make black garlic if you want your entire house to stink

Weka posted:

Combi-ovens will be the new fad.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

drat you i was about to post this very video.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

GoutPatrol posted:

Finally, finally I understand

(I have two STEM degrees)

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
My air fryer just broke. This is all your fault op.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here’s a little recipe from a professional chef for you, cook up some tater tots in your air fryer and then melt some cheese on them and add some nacho type toppings like jalapeños and salsa. I call these Nac-tots (nachos plus tots, get it?)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Here’s a little recipe from a professional chef for you, cook up some tater tots in your air fryer and then melt some cheese on them and add some nacho type toppings like jalapeños and salsa. I call these Nac-tots (nachos plus tots, get it?)

i believe totcho is the preferred nomenclature

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I only know one person who talked about their air fryer, and she's my dad's drug addicted, cheating ex-girlfriend who made him try cocaine even though he's 67 and has had a heart attack before.

So based on this I have to assume everyone with an air fryer is a crummy person.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ain't even regulation sized tots god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There’s no regulation for tot size you fucker