Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Trollologist posted:

Men with beautiful hair and regular sex aren't about that hustle life because, I mean, what else is there after that?

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

i'm sorry did he compliment her on making eye contact with him?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

he had flirting blinders on due to being in monk mode to focus on his business, which is why he knew every detail of everything she was doing the whole time he was at the gym

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

every day i'm grinding. hustling back and forth. that's right, i work in a coffee shop

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Broke: grinding

Woke: progression-based leveling

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Applewhite posted:

Broke: grinding

Woke: progression-based leveling

Toke: what even are levels man

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Greg of Doom posted:

Looks like Cobra Tate who beats the poo poo out of women

Oh yeah for anyone who doesent know Andrew 'Cobra' Tate is a literal not a compliment pimp. As in he does the Romeo pimp thing where he gets his girlfriends into sex work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's time to RISE and GRIND make that BREAD
No days OFF we go HARD
My wife LEFT me because I'm AN rear end in a top hat

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Appropriate for this thread: my girlfriend just yesterday received an email from a broker we used to find an apartment…in 2019. We had not spoken to this broker since she found us our apartment. Then she sends this email (I assume to everyone she ever worked with) out of the blue saying she’s quit the real estate life to…here it comes…become a life coach!

The rest of the long, rambling email was exactly the kind of poo poo found ITT, including the story of how she went from “civil war and poverty” to a 6-figure salary in Manhattan! Contact me now if you too want to make this extraordinary transition! My job is to make your dreams become reality!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Its this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16G2hsVI9w

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Appropriate for this thread: my girlfriend just yesterday received an email from a broker we used to find an apartment…in 2019. We had not spoken to this broker since she found us our apartment. Then she sends this email (I assume to everyone she ever worked with) out of the blue saying she’s quit the real estate life to…here it comes…become a life coach!

The rest of the long, rambling email was exactly the kind of poo poo found ITT, including the story of how she went from “civil war and poverty” to a 6-figure salary in Manhattan! Contact me now if you too want to make this extraordinary transition! My job is to make your dreams become reality!

BROKE: Wasting time pruning an old contacts rolodex

WOKE: Accreting a monolithic e-mail list--encompassing everybody from the boss at my first job (Jamba Juice) 20 years ago to customer service accounts and dead grandmothers--that I treat as an exclusive club of subscribers to my manic mass mailers on the dangers of the 9-to-5, investing in magnets, and "getting in on the ground floor" of my dropship business selling costume jewelry for Reborn Dolls.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

carry on then posted:

he had flirting blinders on due to being in monk mode to focus on his business, which is why he knew every detail of everything she was doing the whole time he was at the gym

Cool that monks actually live in those monasteries to focus on THE HUSTLE with no material distractions

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
"Monk mode" is just another term for somebody who is Ahodere or, perhaps, Kuudere. This guy was Tsundere all over though, that much is obvious.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

would like to stop

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Friends, I have a great opportunity for you. Have you ever heard of Mangosteen?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
How much money do you have in your wallet?
What would you say if I told you you could double it?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mary Annette posted:

https://twitter.com/hustlersuni20/status/1494711026553659402
Did I say 7 Entrepreneurial Virtues? Pffft, that's the starter pack, real Gs play the full 18.

-Copywriting
-Dropshipping
-Affiliate marketing
-SEO
-Crypto, just crypto
-Day trading
-Day gaming
-Freelancing
-NFTs
-DeFi aka crypto hard mode
-Forex
-**NOT PYRAMID SCAMS**
-Fiverr temp agency
-Weaponized insecurities
-Subletting
-Offerup arbitrage
-Digital pamphleteering
-Clout chasing

EDIT: oh poo poo almost forgot biohacking BIOHACKING! It's 19 now for the price of 18 get in on this Gs limited time offer!!!

Thank you for introducing me to this Twitter account and one of the best videos I've seen online, what I'll call "what if David Brent but PUA"

https://fxtwitter.com/hustlersuni20/status/1495830272671207426?s=21

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

one day i was selling belts at the mall and some punk beat me over the head with a moonstone from pokemon and well here i am

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
sales dont just drive business they literally heat the core of the earth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sticksy posted:

Thank you for introducing me to this Twitter account and one of the best videos I've seen online, what I'll call "what if David Brent but PUA"

https://fxtwitter.com/hustlersuni20/status/1495830272671207426?s=21

nice

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I have the hustler mindset, it's not something that can be taught, you just gotta have it.

Now I'm selling my new book, "The Hustler Mindset", which teaches you the tricks of the trade. It's a $50 paperback that I self-published. Some of the pages might be out of order, I was too busy hustling to proofread it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm convinced. I'm gonna do it. I've quit my job to become an entrepreneur. I've already bought a subscription to Huslter magazine and I'm expecting the first issue in the mail any day now. Once I've absorbed the lessons from that publication, the real grind begins.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Applewhite posted:

I'm convinced. I'm gonna do it. I've quit my job to become an entrepreneur. I've already bought a subscription to Huslter magazine and I'm expecting the first issue in the mail any day now. Once I've absorbed the lessons from that publication, the real grind begins.

Every day I'm undergoing self bimbofication, bigger tits smaller clothes pure profit baybee

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Don't get after it. Get ahead of it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A Fancy Hat posted:

I have the hustler mindset, it's not something that can be taught, you just gotta have it.

Now I'm selling my new book, "The Hustler Mindset", which teaches you the tricks of the trade. It's a $50 paperback that I self-published. Some of the pages might be out of order, I was too busy hustling to proofread it.

Proofreading is basically admitting that you've made a mistake. Let me tell you something, real hustlers don't make mistakes, we create opportunities!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ford really ruined that grille shape, i though that was a fusion for way too long

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

This is a very different Tristan Tate, not the K1 kickboxing champ nor is it the globetrotting playboy. species is hustler and nationality is Romanian, but of something separate and different. This Tristan Tate the kickboxing champ has become Foreverial Hustled Tristan Tate and he was fully millionaire-ized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living cash-money version with permanent living cash-money organs and insides and a permanent cash-money, ham and silver tongue. nose is a permanent cocaine nose and has two permanent ham lips and two permanent cash-money and ham ears. Fully wrapped like a mummy, tiedup this way to remain and always jumping around with a permanent smile on his face and a wide open permanent cash-money mouth speaking constantly ready to lick anyone or anything with his permanent cash-money, ham and silver tongue.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This is a very different Tristan Tate, not the K1 kickboxing champ nor is it the globetrotting playboy. species is hustler and nationality is Romanian, but of something separate and different. This Tristan Tate the kickboxing champ has become Foreverial Hustled Tristan Tate and he was fully millionaire-ized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living cash-money version with permanent living cash-money organs and insides and a permanent cash-money, ham and silver tongue. nose is a permanent cocaine nose and has two permanent ham lips and two permanent cash-money and ham ears. Fully wrapped like a mummy, tiedup this way to remain and always jumping around with a permanent smile on his face and a wide open permanent cash-money mouth speaking constantly ready to lick anyone or anything with his permanent cash-money, ham and silver tongue.

This post almost makes me regretful that as a true hustler, I am clinically unable to acknowledge the success of any man who is not myself

naem
May 29, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

It's time to RISE and GRIND make that BREAD
No days OFF we go HARD
My wife LEFT me because I'm AN rear end in a top hat

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Two authors I'd like to introduce you to, Jordan Peterson and Jocko Willink. One is a sophomoric pseudo-philosophical grifter and the other is literally barely literate. Heard of them?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

A CRAB IRL posted:

Two authors I'd like to introduce you to, Jordan Peterson and Jocko Willink. One is a sophomoric pseudo-philosophical grifter and the other is literally barely literate. Heard of them?

i dropped out of school at 12 to sell belts at the mall so i never really learned how to read

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i dropped out of school at 12 to sell belts at the mall so i never really learned how to read

The writing seems p good tho

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Can I get more information on this Cobra Tate dude? The imagined vs real lives of these people is just fascinating

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/bearwentover/status/1500147832589672450

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wanna see the YouTube of one of these guys unlocking their inner potential for fission

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

wanna see the YouTube of one of these guys unlocking their inner potential for fission

Peasant poo poo - upon reaching the optimal male height of 5' 7", I made the conscious decision to stop growing and devote my body's surplus resources to blockchain calculations. The bio-wifi interface necessary for crypto mining has not yet reached the prototype stage, but I must be ready.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Show up EXHAUSTED to your CALCULUS MIDTERM because some STRANGE WOMAN was ASLEEP ON YOUR MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR and your LIKE MINDED BROS removed your BEDROOM DOOR to play BEER PONG in your FILTHY KITCHEN.

No excuses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

quote:

Recently I came up with what I think is a very delicious and innovative sandwich recipe. The ingredients compliment each other beautifully even though the combination is unique.

I came up with a basic business idea to generate some extra money from this sandwich. The city I live in has a lot of deli's, old school kind of places and also newer "hipster" kind of places and everything in between. I have been approaching the managers at these deli's with the following proposal:

For a one-time fee of $50 I will sell them the recipe and also conduct a training session for their staff on how to properly make the sandwich and also to educate them on the themes present in the sandwich. Then, I will take a 20% cut of the the price for each sandwich sold. (So let's say just 1 deli took my deal, and they charged $10 for my sandwich, and they only sold 10 of them per day. I'd make $140 per week ($190 the first week with my fee) and basically $560 per month. From ONE place. But to be honest I have faith my sandwich would probably sell around 40-50 per day given the volume of customers and the quality of my sandwich, so you do the math. Plus I'd be having more than one deli sell it...ka-ching!)

I have approached 11 deli managers so far and every one so far has said no, and a few of them have even acted weird or even rude to me on the matter. Twice I got into a slight argument based on the interaction. They don't seem to understand the value of my sandwich, I think maybe many of them are too proud to take on a recipe from an outsider, but I feel I am being reasonable.

When I explained to my friends what I am doing and that I intend to keep approaching deli's on this matter, many of them claimed I was being an rear end in a top hat by doing this. They think it is rude basically to ask a deli to sell my recipe and that I shouldn't fight for my dreams. I think my terms are generous and I am really only helping these deli's if they would only open their minds, if they sold my sandwich their profits would grow measurably even after I take my cut. Is it really that rude to try to sell my recipe? My friends are threatening to not go to lunch with me anymore because I have promised them I will try to sell my recipe when we do so, but all I am doing is trying to hustle. This has caused interpersonal conflict because I defend my dreams with passion, which leads to my friends accusing me of overreacting. (And yes I am passionate when I try to sway deli managers too, I even cried once, but it is with their own interest in mind not just my own.)

AITA?

quote:

Maybe I am not explaining something correctly, but the clever part of my business plan is that with this method I do not have to expend any funds on things like location rental, employee wages, supplies, etc. Yes if I opened a shop I could charge more for the sandwich, but those expenses would eat into it.

With my business model I am basically selling my expertise and recipe (an intellectual property) and I do not have to make any expenses at all. My 20% might be a low fee, but it is pure profit with no deductions at all. In the end it adds up to a very nice income, particularly after I sign up a few deli's.

Now, keep in mind this is advantageous to the deli as well, this helps them. They keep 80% of the profit and they get increased customers as word of mouth spreads about their new sandwich. I am driving business to them they otherwise would not have. The income I drive to them would more than cover the extra ingredients they have to buy.

AITA for not participating in my friends "scheme" to convince a restaurant to buy his ketchup?

quote:

My friend, Zoltar (fake name), has been obsessed with ketchup ever since I met him. He is always trying out different recipes to make his own ketchup and getting me and all our friends to try them. Recently he made "his best ketchup yet". I tried it. It wasn't bad. It was ketchup. Now he has decided he is "finally going to break into the ketchup game."

He is convinced he is going to launch his own ketchup company and grow it to be one of the top providers of ketchup in the US. He literally has a photo of Heinz ketchup on a dartboard. He throws darts at it and mutters things like "I'm coming for YOU".

Anyways he has a scheme he wants me and others to participate in. Essentially it involves us all going to a restaurant, sitting at different tables, and enacting lines from a scene he wrote that will culminate in all of us trying and loving his ketchup and convincing the manager to buy it. He wants us all to memorize lines.

The gist of it is one guy is supposed to call over a waitress and say he likes the french fries, but hates the ketchup. I am supposed to lean over (from another table) and say "Sorry to butt in, hah hah, but I have to agree. I'm tired of this old fashioned, factory produced ketchup. Where's the real tomato flavor?" After a few other people do this, my friend is going to say "You guys won't believe this, but I'm a ketchup chef, and I have a few samples. Would you want to give it a shot?"

At this point everyone is supposed to try the ketchup and act astounded by it and basically all exclaim it is the best ketchup they ever had. I am supposed to stand up on my table and "make a trumpet sound effect" and then yell to the entire restaurant "We have the best ketchup ever made over here! Everyone come on over!"

One of the other people is supposed to get the manager of the place over and we are all supposed to try to convince him or her to buy an order of my friends ketchup. He is going to act "surprised and embarrassed" and try to tell us to "stop putting this poor guy on the spot" in regards to the manager. He then assumes he will make a "huge sale". Then he wants to do this same "operation" at other places in town.

I told him no way am I doing this. I hate public speaking/acting and having attention focused on me, also the idea is just so loving dumb and crazy to me. I told him that straight up. He acted offended and said I am "ruining his dreams."

I am astounded by this but some of my friends agree and think he is showing "hustle" and that we should all help him launch his ketchup business. Aside from his ketchup obsession Zoltar is one of my best friends but it seems our friendship is being ruined. A lot of people are telling me I am a jerk for going against his dream and not helping out.