Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Somalia is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Somalia you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Somalia motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
I hear somalia has some of the lowest international calling rates.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Strumpie posted:

they say death is the final escape, op.

tbh kinda thinkin bout this solution myself ngl lol!

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

AEMINAL posted:

tbh kinda thinkin bout this solution myself ngl lol!

LOL! XD

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Strumpie posted:

they do, but they prefer to use a 'poepstokje' to inspect the poo poo while it's on the shelf.

it's a poo stick.

I refuse to google this. Are you telling me a lie?

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
I havent had sex in 13 years

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Just go to mexico and disappear. Cheap food, margaritas, and beaches and nice weather. Spanish is pretty easy to pick up and just work under the table somewhere.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

phasmid posted:

I refuse to google this. Are you telling me a lie?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Do you have a Bachelors degree?

If so, you can teach English in Korea and do alright I guess. Most jobs will pay for your flight, housing, and some other stuff in addition to your salary. Unfortunately salaries for foreign teachers havent really kept pace with global inflation over the last 15 years or so, but if youre really wanting to leave the country, there are much worse ways to do it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zenintrude posted:

Do you have a Bachelors degree?

If so, you can teach English in Korea and do alright I guess. Most jobs will pay for your flight, housing, and some other stuff in addition to your salary. Unfortunately salaries for foreign teachers havent really kept pace with global inflation over the last 15 years or so, but if youre really wanting to leave the country, there are much worse ways to do it.

my friend who teaches English to kids in China says that the money isn't the best but the demand is insanely high right now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nobody wants garbage like you in their country OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Hmm, still looking for input on Spain. Portugal is cool and all, but if youve every hung out with Brazilians, you know Portuguese is cringe AF!

Isn't Portugal the one that legalized all drugs, tho?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

(goes to the hospital in China, gets seen by a "doctor" with an 8th-grade education, receives an iv of tap water with a re-used needle) (Gestapo disappears me for reading book or magazine not found on the preapproved propaganda list)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Every time I try to figure out if I can claim German citzenship through my dad I give up. I think the answer is yes but my dad being adopted makes things less clear. Anyway yeah I'd check ancestry options first then have skills, finally have money. I think it starts at like 100,000 for the have money route.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 4, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I think most of the world would prefer you all stayed in the US. Up there with Israelis and white South Africans as the most annoying people on earth.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
The Hollow Earth has a very permissive immigration policy and amazing culture. We're still dealing with the aftermath of lost old-timey prospectors mating with the frog people, leaving behind tribes of hideous mad blind cannibals, but overall it's pretty nice.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

ellasmith posted:

I havent had sex in 13 years

Typical forums user.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
OK serious post: if you have ancestors from a European country, particularly Ireland or Italy, its possible you qualify for citizenship. Its tricky and the conditions to qualify are complex but its possible, sometimes even if your relation to the ancestor is distant.

Pekinduck fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 4, 2022

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pekinduck posted:

OK serious post: if you have ancestors from a European country, particularly Ireland or Italy, its possible you qualify for citizenship. Its tricky and the conditions to qualify are complex but its possible, sometimes even if your relation to the ancestor is distant.

For Ireland, you need a grandparent who was born there, basically. Most 'Irish-Americans' need not apply.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
You can pretend to be my dad on the condition that I'll someday inherit your considerable american wealth.

We can go on picnics and frolic in our many picturesque and not at all dangerous swamps

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

feedmegin posted:

For Ireland, you need a grandparent who was born there, basically. Most 'Irish-Americans' need not apply.

My grandfather was born in the Republic and died of cirrhosis of the liver so bam, instant citizenship.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Pekinduck posted:

My grandmother was born in Germany and came over here in her 20s, but it appears Im not eligible. Honestly understandable lol.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can get French citizenship if you save the life of a Parisian baby - https://abcn.ws/2N96nm1

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

HD DAD posted:

My grandmother was born in Germany and came over here in her 20s, but it appears I’m not eligible. Honestly understandable lol.
Same, darn.

Are you sure?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
We're going to buy a house in Portugal and live there for two years. gently caress you Ireland!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Same, darn.

Are you sure?
I had cause to check both Sweden and Germany and they are definitely not among the most welcoming European countries for grandchildren of expatriates. Not that they are terrible, but if I recall correctly I missed the Sweden cutoff by actually being born too long ago, of all things, and Germany I think the grandparent has to do something maybe but mine died in 1980 so that is challenging

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, i'll give away the answers to the finnish citizenship test

Lakes: 1000
Mannerheim black: False
Driftwood theory: True
Mennerheim gay: False

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I gtfo'd over 5 years ago, married an Australian.

Its a cool choice if you want to answer stupid questions about America all the time for the rest of your life.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

I gtfo'd over 5 years ago, married an Australian.

Its a cool choice if you want to answer stupid questions about America all the time for the rest of your life.

I always wondered, is it true that Americans wear their shoes inside the house all the time? Even on the couch and in bed?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Oh you lived in New York! Do you know John? John from New York?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

I always wondered, is it true that Americans wear their shoes inside the house all the time? Even on the couch and in bed?

No you're confusing the US with Japan.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Oh you lived in New York! Do you know John? John from New York?

Haitian John or Drag Queen John? The answer is yes regardless because they're the same person.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

phasmid posted:

"I want to go to the land that has no crazy murderers?" Go to Mars and take Elon with you.

As if Elon doesnt hunt prostitutes for sport and take baby blood enemas.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Applesnots posted:

Just go to mexico and disappear. Cheap food, margaritas, and beaches and nice weather. Spanish is pretty easy to pick up and just work under the table somewhere.

I've very literally considered it.

While internet seems more expensive out there, it's good enough that I could still ply my filthy trade, and live much better than I do here.

My spouse refuses to consider it. She hates the heat, and, well, Mexico is hot.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ellasmith posted:

beyond the usual “im moving to canada if thing I don’t like happens” rhetoric.

My dad did this. I'm Canadian as a result. Left for Australia myself though.

Canada is far from perfect but I can see why Americans would see it as an upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

DamnitGannet posted:

Im a Canadian citizen because I never naturalized despite living here for 25 years, which means my children are Canadian citizens too so the plan is to sell pretty much everything we own after my elderly MIL passes (she doesnt want to move and I dont want to leave her all alone,) put anything we want to keep in a U-Haul and loving go.

So I guess you can do what my wife did and marry a Canadian citizen.

Serious reply: your kids are automatically Canadian, but your wife is not. It shouldnt be a problem to sponsor her, but Id get your ducks in a row and talk to an immigration lawyer well prior to relocating. Im planning to repatriate in a couple of years when I retire, and Im already planning what I need to do to sponsor my American wife.