Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

LoG posted:

Taking an edible goody into the parks shouldn't be a problem right? Just stick it in my pocket and it's good to go right? It's an extract pill so there's no odor.

People take snacks in all the time. It's no biggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Cool. It's going to be magical.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
People take in coolers.. not uncommon to see some guy walking in the park snarfing a footlong sub that did not come from there.

Uziel
Jun 28, 2004

Ask me about losing 200lbs, and becoming the Viking God of W&W.

Savage Bliss posted:

Got my first "true" Dole Whip float experience today. Last year this exact same time was my first ever trip to Disney and all I read about on this thread and elsewhere was how divine the Dole Whip was. My experience last year was dampened (literally) by cold, 40 degree rain when I finally got to try it. I certainly wasn't wowed in any way whatsoever. Today, I had the good fortune of 60+ degrees with endless Florida sunshine. Stood in line for about 10 minutes and got my Dole Whip in the setting it deserved. It was glorious. I said so. My wife said so. My daughters said so. My mom said so. We will be back at MK on Thursday and I will be back at Aloha Isle for another one of these unique treats. They are truly not to be missed by anyone planning a trip to Disney.
Where do you get the Dole Whips in MK? I guess you can't use meal plan snacks on them?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Uziel posted:

Where do you get the Dole Whips in MK? I guess you can't use meal plan snacks on them?

They're at Aloha Isle in Adventureland and yes "Dining Plans Not Accepted"

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Uziel posted:

I bought two more today at Aloha Isle. Bought them both as snacks on my meal plan, no problem.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

nimper posted:

They're at Aloha Isle in Adventureland and yes "Dining Plans Not Accepted"

The second part of this is incorrect. Dole Whip counts as a snack.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Mykkel posted:

The second part of this is incorrect. Dole Whip counts as a snack.

Well why does their website say they don't accept the plans :iiam:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
If anyone wanted that Epcot Starbucks mug, you'll have to wait because it got pulled from the shelves. It features a monorail with a purple line, which was the color of the monorail that got in the accident that killed a driver way back when. That color has since been retired, and Disney is pulling the mug due to backlash.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
ZOMG that cup has the death monorail color! *rabble rabble*

Seriously?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Don't underestimate some Disney people

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
That's incredibly lame. I was actually a little eager to grab it after seeing a picture of it, it looks nice.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Skeezy posted:

The worst about leaving Miami was having to leave all the delicious key lime pies :(

Richmond doesn't have much of that, if at all.
And amazing OJ everywhere. Even the orange juice at like Denny's is miles apart from anything you're getting up North.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We have an orange grove a block up the street. There is a family that has a number of groves and farmland in the area, as it develops around here they have been selling it off in pieces but they have kept a pasture, their main homestead which was pasture but now has a u-pick blueberry farm and some land that has some sort of greenhouse facility and orange grove adjacent to it. During the season for oranges you can drive on, buy a bushel and go on your merry way. Same with the blueberries, :10bux: gets you a bucket you can fill to the rim. We usually have loads of berries and oranges when they are in season. I made orange sorbet last week in fact with oranges from that grove. I found out today there is a u-pick strawberry place a few miles away and going to find that this weekend!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oracle posted:

And amazing OJ everywhere. Even the orange juice at like Denny's is miles apart from anything you're getting up North.

Yeah. I tried to get my partner to move down to Miami with me but she won't budge and I get why lol

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
I'm in the early stages of "hey, we should totes go to Disney World for a week in November" planning, and had a question about magicbands that someone might be able to answer for me.

Can you link each magicband to a separate credit card? Or is everything you use it on just charged to the room/default CC?

Also, anyone know how the free dining plan/room discounts and such work if we wanted to stay at a moderate resort for 5 nights, and spoil ourselves with a deluxe for 2?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fejsze posted:

I'm in the early stages of "hey, we should totes go to Disney World for a week in November" planning, and had a question about magicbands that someone might be able to answer for me.

Can you link each magicband to a separate credit card? Or is everything you use it on just charged to the room/default CC?

Also, anyone know how the free dining plan/room discounts and such work if we wanted to stay at a moderate resort for 5 nights, and spoil ourselves with a deluxe for 2?

This is as dictated by Braksgirl, who does not have her phone nearby:

Any charges made with a magic band go to a room. You can pay the charges with different cards but the magic bands don't actually charge your credit card, they charge the room.

You can get free dining on a split stay but be careful with the moderates. Port Orleans, Riverside and French Quarter are often excluded from free dining.

On a side note, Braksgirl got me a Carnival cruise for Christmas and we are taking it this weekend. We are on the ship now, and she keeps looking around going "This is nice but it's no Disney cruise." :)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I've had a separate credit card on a second magic band, and not only does it work, but it's not charged to the room, or even listed on the room invoice. You have to ask them to set it up at the front desk, and I think you still have to be one of the listed tenants of the room. (IE: A valid doorkey-linked magic band.) Charge by magicband is still limited to resort guests, AFAIK.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Silly Burrito posted:

This is as dictated by Braksgirl, who does not have her phone nearby:

Any charges made with a magic band go to a room. You can pay the charges with different cards but the magic bands don't actually charge your credit card, they charge the room.

You can get free dining on a split stay but be careful with the moderates. Port Orleans, Riverside and French Quarter are often excluded from free dining.

Thanks!

... and how did you know I was planning on Port Orleans? ARE YOU IN MY HEAD? GET OUT OF THERE, THE VOICES ARE CROWDED ENOUGH AS IS.

Braks will be getting a PM once I'm onto the "ok, this is actually going to happen, time to get a deposit down" :-)

MrYenko posted:

I've had a separate credit card on a second magic band, and not only does it work, but it's not charged to the room, or even listed on the room invoice. You have to ask them to set it up at the front desk, and I think you still have to be one of the listed tenants of the room. (IE: A valid doorkey-linked magic band.) Charge by magicband is still limited to resort guests, AFAIK.

Fantastic, exactly what I was hoping for.

Fejsze fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 29, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'll be happy to help! I'll be looking for the PM

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fejsze posted:

We were told that this was possible and the CM at checkin added our cards separately to each band. And then the day before we left, everything got charged to my card anyway, which was pretty annoying (but I couldn't be bothered to whine about it and my friend just transfered me the cash so it was fine).

So, umm, maybe?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

28 days to go!

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Oh, also:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OMG I am so offended! *rabble rabble*

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

If anyone wanted that Epcot Starbucks mug, you'll have to wait because it got pulled from the shelves. It features a monorail with a purple line, which was the color of the monorail that got in the accident that killed a driver way back when. That color has since been retired, and Disney is pulling the mug due to backlash.

drat. We saw it Monday and forgot to pick it up. Went back last night and they told me it sold out.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
*gasp* *shudder*

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
What's the best place to just get tickets? I've paid for hotel, car, and airfare with points so that's all taken care of.

Best deal I've seen is 350 for a five day Hopper from undercover tourist. Also, is there anything cheaper than paying 20 bucks for parking every day?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Lincoln posted:

Oh, also:

If this thing is gone by mid-February, I'll be the happiest girl in the world.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Hackan Slash posted:

What's the best place to just get tickets? I've paid for hotel, car, and airfare with points so that's all taken care of.

Best deal I've seen is 350 for a five day Hopper from undercover tourist. Also, is there anything cheaper than paying 20 bucks for parking every day?

UT is usually the best deal for tickets. At least within a few bucks of anyone else.

Parking is expensive unless you stay at a Disney resort (then it's free) or you park at downtown Disney and start taking buses, but that will take forever.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Can anyone explain why all the girls from Ipanema are marching lock step together, singing some song in hyperguese, all wearing fuchsia outfits? I've noticed a lot of Brazilians here all week, but today its just crazy (@ Hollywood Studios)

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Speaking of which, is there a "Brazilian Tour Group Off-season?" What times of year are they not going to be there?

What the pictures don't show, of course, is the kids constantly line-jumping.

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 30, 2015

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Savage Bliss posted:

Can anyone explain why all the girls from Ipanema are marching lock step together, singing some song in hyperguese, all wearing fuchsia outfits? I've noticed a lot of Brazilians here all week, but today its just crazy (@ Hollywood Studios)

They seem to have vanished and left behind their backpacks.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Malt posted:

They seem to have vanished and left behind their backpacks.

That's the time you report an unattended bag and kick off a bomb scare.

Or just pick up a bag and hand it to a cast member saying you found a lost bag. Then go back and do again, but give it to a different cast member. Rinse, repeat until all the bags are gone or people start returning to find their bags missing. Whichever comes first.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Lincoln posted:

What the pictures don't show, of course, is the kids constantly line-jumping.

We saw tour groups every day when we were there mid-Jan, many of whom spoke Portuguese, but not a single instance of recognizable line jumping. Lucky too, because I would've been a dick about it. They even put away the video camera when I asked them with polite hand gestures (really!) not to block my view. Just lucky, I guess.

However I do want to find the guy responsible for the selfie stick and shove a few dozen up him.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Happitoo posted:

That's the time you report an unattended bag and kick off a bomb scare.

Or just pick up a bag and hand it to a cast member saying you found a lost bag. Then go back and do again, but give it to a different cast member. Rinse, repeat until all the bags are gone or people start returning to find their bags missing. Whichever comes first.

Please do this.

Why do almost all of them have the exact same backpack? :psyduck:

E: Do always clothesline linejumpers when they least expect it. "Oh I'm so sorry were you walking past me in line and you weren't watching where you were going and I was just leaning harmlessly on this upper bar and my arm caught your throat? How terrible for you."

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Tour group provides the shirts and backpacks.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Next week we're going to Disneyland and California Adventure (and taking plenty of hand sanitizer). I've already made reservations at Blue Bayou, Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Cafe Orleans, and the Carnation Cafe, and we're for sure going to Trader Sam's more than once and probably getting Dole Whip at least daily.

This will be our second trip there, and though I think I've done my research, I thought I'd ask if there's anything off the beaten path that we should make sure not to miss. It's just me and my fiancee, but we're kids at heart so we're probably up for anything that's not an actual child-sized playground. :downs:

Thanks!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Order off menu at Trader Sams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BlueBayou posted:

Order off menu at Trader Sams

Wow, Thank You! I never would have guessed this was a thing. We will definitely be trying a Black Pearl and a Neverland Tea and a Pina Coolava and...!!!

Are there any drinks in particular you recommend? Trader Sam's may be my favorite Anaheim-exclusive Disney thing.