Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Miss Marvel is the best superhero and I hope she's getting a movie in like 2020 or whatever once Captain Marvel and the Inhumans get their films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inhumans film will probably never happen under the current Marvel leadership because Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter would rather chug down a keg of Granny's peach tea before they speak to each other ever again.

I'm guessing this might be even why Cloak & Dagger is getting a TV series. Perlmutter saw Feige getting his hands on Spider-Man and he went "Oh,yeah? I can have teen heroes too!".

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Grendels Dad posted:

I don't know, dude. I guess that power comes from her popularity. And if she's so popular that she is so powerful that she can just walk up to FOX and say "I want to be in this movie more" then FOX are idiots for not having her in the movie more in the first place, because she is so popular.

That, and most other people complain about how she looks like she doesn't want to be there, which makes sense because she signed a deal for a number of movies before she became popular and Fox is now milking her for as long as they still have her.

Yeah, that does make more sense. I gave her more credit for power than I think is reasonable.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Professor Shark posted:

The only good superhero was Miracleman

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

when Don Cheadle was hired at a much cheaper rate to replace Terrence Howard in the Iron Man franchise, Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.”

quote:

he reportedly wore glasses and a false mustache to disguise himself at the 2008 premiere of Iron Man

quote:

Perlmutter—who has a background in the toy business—was specifically responsible for the controversial decision to take a gendered approach to Avengers merchandise. In short, the blame is falling on him for the conspicuous absence of Black Widow-related toys.

quote:

the CEO of Marvel Entertainment donated $1 million to a charity connected to Donald Trump

quote:

he was so cheap that Marvel Entertainment had to make do with one bathroom per gender for an entire floor

What account does Perlmutter post under?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at the one about the iron man premiere

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anal beads are now canon. DC need to put it in the next Batman movie.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Batman is just a ninja Sherlock Holmes, and he's at his best when they're playing up the detective part, which is still never really very good because it's comicbook poo poo :shrug:

The only good superhero was Miracleman

I actually bought a collection of Jack Kirby's miracleman because it was on sale a month ago. is miracleman actually... uh... like fun to read?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Atrocious Joe posted:

What account does Perlmutter post under?

I find it kind of weird that Don Cheadle was cheaper to hire than Terrence Howard.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Trast posted:

I find it kind of weird that Don Cheadle was cheaper to hire than Terrence Howard.

Terrence Howard tried to get Samuel L Jackson levels of money for the 2nd Iron Man after he realized this MCU thing was taking off

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zmej posted:

I actually bought a collection of Jack Kirby's miracleman because it was on sale a month ago. is miracleman actually... uh... like fun to read?

its about autism

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

CharlestonJew posted:

Terrence Howard tried to get Samuel L Jackson levels of money for the 2nd Iron Man after he realized this MCU thing was taking off

That does make sense. But I was thinking more along the lines of the movies Cheadle has been in versus what Howard has been in from a commercial standpoint.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
So what is this thread ne way? Soem kind of.. Suicied Squatd??

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

whatever7 posted:

Batman is basically Sherlock Holmes and CEO of Lockeed Martin roll into one. He is Mary Sue.

Batman is the Count of Monte Cristo, but less determined, less intelligent, and also his revenge is against all criminals in general, which is of course stupid and quixotic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OMG CIVIL WAR WAS SO GOOD OMG !

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

don cheadle is a way way way better actor and also isn't insane so i was happy when i heard he was replacing howard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they should replace don cheadle with The Rock imo

they should also replace all the other characters with The Rock imo

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I think Disney tried to get him to play someone but he was already signed to a Warner/DC film. He's said before his two favorite comic book characters growing up were Black Adam (which he will play) and John Stewart, Green Lantern (the version used in the Justice League cartoons.)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zzulu posted:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Trast posted:

I always liked when Terrence Howard played twitchy characters that came across as uncomfortable and wondered why they ever put him in straight roles, then I found out about him making up his own math where 1x1=2 and making models out of wire to "prove it" and felt vindicated.

Like, Wayward Pines is peak Terrence Howard for me.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Trast posted:

I think Disney tried to get him to play someone but he was already signed to a Warner/DC film. He's said before his two favorite comic book characters growing up were Black Adam (which he will play) and John Stewart, Green Lantern (the version used in the Justice League cartoons.)

They need to just give The Rock his own comic, about a super-powered version of himself.

Actually it could just be normal The Rock and it would still own. Marvel hire me pls

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Knight posted:

I always liked when Terrence Howard played twitchy characters that came across as uncomfortable and wondered why they ever put him in straight roles, then I found out about him making up his own math where 1x1=2 and making models out of wire to "prove it" and felt vindicated.

Like, Wayward Pines is peak Terrence Howard for me.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of Terrence Howard but thought he was pretty great in Wayward Pines

Also lmao that he's crazy

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rurea posted:

They need to just give The Rock his own comic, about a super-powered version of himself.

Actually it could just be normal The Rock and it would still own. Marvel hire me pls

Isn't that Ballers on HBO?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Moola posted:

OMG CIVIL WAR WAS SO GOOD OMG !

It actually was. Loved it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Terence Howard has a micro penis.

Google it!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Zzulu posted:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
syfy original Kill Urself Krew gonna be better for 1/10 the budget

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

syfy original Kill Urself Krew gonna be better for 1/10 the budget

god drat it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DC's only hope is to just plug the Rock into as many movies as they can. Maybe Rock and Diesel as Superman and Batman

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes I think F&F is the best super hero franchise around

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

WhyteRyce posted:

DC's only hope is to just plug the Rock into as many movies as they can. Maybe Rock and Diesel as Superman and Batman

That's ridiculous, Ben Affleck is already Batman.

Vin Diesel is Wonder Woman, dummy. :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Well, they've got him for Black Adam.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
The Rock as Alfred raising young Bruce Wayne... But he had some super violent job before so you would never expect him to be able to handle kids and antics ensue.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

John Denver Hoxha posted:

The Rock as Alfred raising young Bruce Wayne... But he had some super violent job before so you would never expect him to be able to handle kids and antics ensue.

That's basically Michael Caine's Alfred.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Master Wayne, if you don't stop jumping on the bed, I swear I'll burn down the whole bedroom

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

After his comment about Bruce never having kids in BvS, I hope the Batman movie will be about him babysitting both Damien Wayne and Helena Kyle.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Rock as batman's spotter while he bench pressed the burning rafter of himself in TDKR

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

thecluckmeme posted:

The Rock as batman's spotter while he bench pressed the burning rafter of himself in TDKR

The burning rafter press was in BB. Learn your Batman workout regime properly.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Alfred is a perfectly fine spotter/motivational coach, thank you very much. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfozZTjItQ

The look Bruce gives him is goddamned hilarious :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Well, they've got him for Black Adam.

The only DC movie I actually wanna see.

• Locked thread