Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My understanding is that Davon's Watch duels = players with maxed champion points on low level characters preying on newbies to raise their win count. Or at least that's what someone told me when I apologized for trouncing a player who challenged me there. Turns out he wasn't looking for a fair fight and got one. :v:

Rawl'kha (main city in Reaper's March) seems to be the most popular place for duels. There are always players dueling out in front of the bank.

Innerguard posted:

So why exactly are mag DKs going to be rip? Will that affect warding heal DKs?

I've been thinking about respecing my mag DK into a stam build and am curious about this too.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I can't fathom why you'd want to handicap yourself by not healing.

If I ever want to duel, bearing in mind I get bored and repeatedly start over characters, so in low and mid game I'll just go to the nearest anchor. My eso life is either pvp or going between the anchor and wolf camp in Glenumbra and you'll find duels are fairly common to pass the time between the anchor being won, the overland boss getting killed and then waiting for the boss to respawn. Short of the Alik'r run, where there's no real downtime, anchors are a safe bet for some duels as it's either that or find increasingly creepy ways to use emotes at other players.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Give me your three best and least stressful thieving locations for me to cycle through. Thanks in advance.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

SplitSoul posted:

Give me your three best and least stressful thieving locations for me to cycle through. Thanks in advance.

Ships in Daggerfall, teleporting out and back into Glenumbra to loot the ships again x2.

Upper floors of the inn in Koeglin village (Stormhaven) and the ship in Betnikh were also favorite places of mine before I realized the Daggerfall ships were probably the single best place available. You can just run around and grab everything, because there is absolutely no one there to spot you.

If you're wanting to actually have fun stealing instead of doing it for maximum efficiency, Orsinium in general is a lucrative area that isn't too stressful.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 12, 2017

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Rollersnake posted:

My understanding is that Davon's Watch duels = players with maxed champion points on low level characters preying on newbies to raise their win count. Or at least that's what someone told me when I apologized for trouncing a player who challenged me there. Turns out he wasn't looking for a fair fight and got one. :v:

Rawl'kha (main city in Reaper's March) seems to be the most popular place for duels. There are always players dueling out in front of the bank.
You may be right. It looked like another duel had just been won as I arrived.

I'm some time away from reaching Reaper's March, so I guess I'll keep my eyes open the next time I'm near an anchor. Speaking of which, I ended up being the only person at the Daen Seeth Dolmen for a while this evening, and learned rather quickly that I am definitely not capable of tackling that mess alone.

Puckish Rogue posted:

I can't fathom why you'd want to handicap yourself by not healing.
From the events I witnessed, because if you're both healing and attacking at the same rate you spend most of the duel running around in circles and slowly whittling away at the same fraction of your opponent's health, over and over again. Obviously, choosing not to heal in duels would only work if the community as a whole agreed upon it, which seems unlikely.

basalt fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 12, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

basalt posted:

I'm some time away from reaching Reaper's March, so I guess I'll keep my eyes open the next time I'm near an anchor.

You can always teleport to another player to get somewhere whenever you want. Look at the guild roster and hitch a ride off someone.

Rawl'kha is just generally a place you'll want to have access to ASAP—it's popular because it's probably the most compact and easiest to navigate of all the major cities. Consequently, the guild traders there are always well-stocked and competitively priced.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 12, 2017

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rollersnake posted:

Ships in Daggerfall, teleporting out and back into Glenumbra to loot the ships again x2.

Upper floors of the inn in Koeglin village (Stormhaven) and the ship in Betnikh were also favorite places of mine before I realized the Daggerfall ships were probably the single best place available. You can just run around and grab everything, because there is absolutely no one there to spot you.

If you're wanting to actually have fun stealing instead of doing it for maximum efficiency, Orsinium in general is a lucrative area that isn't too stressful.

Thank you, I'll give it a run once I finish Wrothgar. Not looking forward to the other two, I'm saving up to play ElderSims and all the bounties are annoying.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

basalt posted:

From the events I witnessed, because if you're both healing and attacking at the same rate you spend most of the duel running around in circles and slowly whittling away at the same fraction of your opponent's health, over and over again. Obviously, choosing not to heal in duels would only work if the community as a whole agreed upon it, which seems unlikely.

It gets very war of attritiony if both people manage their stam/magicka well. That's why you throw in dolmen duels, because they'll run off and forfeit, making you a winner via Wanting It More.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah, duels are mostly a matter of attrition in fair fights. If I'm fighting another stamdps I can essentially live forever thanks to being a stamsorc, and once I get my ulti up is usually when I'll really push for the win, drop trap, drops dots, rend, and flurry to hopefully kill the guy.

Magdps guys I've had more trouble with since they're ranged and I don't have a gap closer, so if they snare/root me it's pretty much over since bow healing can't keep up.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

What's the standard gap closer for a non-2 handed stamsorc? I have little sorc experience and the only thing I can thing of is that storm move where you just blitz them.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Puckish Rogue posted:

What's the standard gap closer for a non-2 handed stamsorc? I have little sorc experience and the only thing I can thing of is that storm move where you just blitz them.

if you're not running 2hander for charge, then yeah bolt escape would be your next choice, or you could SNB and use the charge in there (i forget the name)

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Got this a few weeks ago. Level 14 and don't know what I'm doing other than stabbing things. Would like a guild invite @SPACEBUDDHISM thanks

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

00Fresh posted:

Got this a few weeks ago. Level 14 and don't know what I'm doing other than stabbing things.

No, you got it

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Returning to this game need an Ebonheart clan invite @CoCa_BoJangLeS

I'm in "Daggerfall Goons" and the most I've seen on at one time was 4 (including me)

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Just in case my original post was missed, I'm still looking for an invitation, too.

EDIT: Whoops, it looks like I had been invited, but ignored the invitation. To anybody else who's as confused as me, know that the guild is now called "Chill Bros Chat Lounge", not "Ebonheart Goons".

basalt fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 13, 2017

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

SplitSoul posted:

True to form, the trading offices in the Dark Brotherhood DLC are one of the best places to make tons of quick cash and get recipes for crafting.

I got like 30-40 recipes just from cruising that place and switching to an alt to keep plundering it.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Archonex posted:

True to form, the trading offices in the Dark Brotherhood DLC are one of the best places to make tons of quick cash and get recipes for crafting.

I got like 30-40 recipes just from cruising that place and switching to an alt to keep plundering it.

Where are said trading offices? Don't think I've found them yet.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
Could I scare up an invite for Forgetful? Im Ebonhart Btw.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Really enjoying this, which kind of surprised me. Wondering if I can get an ebonheart invite, @kojicolnair

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
What's the preferred leveling gear for stamDK?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ambaire posted:

Where are said trading offices? Don't think I've found them yet.

In the city where you can pick up daily dungeon quests. It's the big building on the west side of the city next to the circular plaza. It's literally nothing but desks and a few treasure chests that spawn randomly. The only guards it has are two people that are easy to take out and watch the desks and one guy that is completely pointless to even interact with since he basically just chills out in a tiny room with no loot.

If you go past the blacksmith heading east then you've gone way too far. It's the same company as the one in Skyrim at Solitude, so the name should be familiar if you've played it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

zombieswithblenders posted:

Could I scare up an invite for Forgetful? Im Ebonhart Btw.

Account not found?

@forgetful?

GuyUpNorth posted:

What's the preferred leveling gear for stamDK?

I always do 5 Hunding's lower half, then helm/shoulder/weapons NMG. All training. 1 light belt, 1 Heavy chest, and the rest medium. Lotta people do 5 medium 2 heavy, but I like levelling them all up in case you wanna respec later to try mag, you're not starting from 1.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm kinda wondering what I should keep in mind going from pve to pvp with a stamsorc, if its even viable.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm kinda wondering what I should keep in mind going from pve to pvp with a stamsorc, if its even viable.

It is, a few people run it in guild iirc. I prefer 2hander/bow so I have a gapcloser and ranged, but 2hander/dw is also popular and probably better dps.

Just be aware you're not likely to crit as much since everyone has impen.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just waded into the official forums to read up on changes coming in morrowind and god drat I now remember why I don't go to any game forums anymore. I guess I understand people are mad about the changes to resources but at the same time I don't quite get it. I am doing veteran dungeons now and honestly I heal and DPS at the same time and never really ever worry about my mana so it seems like they have a valid point that no one cares about resource decisions anymore. Are trials completely different?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj HM is, especially for leaderboards.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

You will only run into resource problems (currently) in veteran trials, PvP*, and some of the harder hardmode dungeons.

*your pvp resource problem is likely to be health :)

*edit* this is coming from a redguard stamsorc in nearly best in slot gear (except my monster set and vMA bow), so ymmv

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I have a completely different experience and I'm constantly out of stamina in difficult fights where I actually have to dodge, block and worry about keeping certain things running. Seem to me like that change will impact the top tier gear people until they settle for a new meta which with their money and banked gear will be no problem but completely gently caress over the people below that who may just be starting out, still trying to get their gear together and probably don't have the money to invest in whatever comes next. And yeah, I'm kind of pissed about that.

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
Got back into this and leveled my pet summoner to almost 20. Can I please get an Ebonheart invite @goonar

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What are the principles of single-target dps? What effect does spell damage stat do vs critical damage/ When people say "use xyz set" why is that set the best?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
First vMA run took several weeks from start to finish and about a hundred deaths.

Second run took 1h 15min, still died about 20 times but mostly stupid mistakes on my part.

Once you get the mechanics down it really is soooo much easier, I can definitely recommend pet sorc as you get the triple bonus of a damage shield, excellent ranged dps, and your pets can be doing damage/tanking mobs while you run in circles trying to avoid skulls/poison/whirling blades.

Got a sharpened greatsword out of it too :getin:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hey gang, haven't played this in probably six months. Can anyone tell me the state of stamblades in PVE (vet group and solo)? Keep in mind I'm used to the answer being "terrible" but no other class archetype really resonates with me that much. I typically roll DW/Bow. I'm assuming stamblades are still good in PVP but I'm pretty bad so it doesn't really matter.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I gotta take this time to complain about the clusterfuck that is the trade system. I've been trying to put together various sets and get some pieces of furniture I need over the last week or two and everything I've looked up on Tamriel Trade Center led me across the entire continent looking up listing that weren't up anymore and I ended up having to guess and search myself to find anything so it's really not doing anything but giving me a rough idea what something should cost. I know it's not their fault but that's kind of my point, the trade interface is horrible, you can't even search by name for no drat reason I can figure out, you never know where you'll get what at what price but that's by design. Honestly poo poo moving so fast at least indicates a healthy community but the lovely trade interface is just inexcusable.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Morglon posted:

I gotta take this time to complain about the clusterfuck that is the trade system. I've been trying to put together various sets and get some pieces of furniture I need over the last week or two and everything I've looked up on Tamriel Trade Center led me across the entire continent looking up listing that weren't up anymore and I ended up having to guess and search myself to find anything so it's really not doing anything but giving me a rough idea what something should cost. I know it's not their fault but that's kind of my point, the trade interface is horrible, you can't even search by name for no drat reason I can figure out, you never know where you'll get what at what price but that's by design. Honestly poo poo moving so fast at least indicates a healthy community but the lovely trade interface is just inexcusable.

There is a mod called AwesomeGuildStore that will at least let you search via text/names. You are right though, I'm not a big fan of the trade system in this game.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
It's still clumsy and awful, but Tamriel Trade Centre has made it so much better, especially once I adjusted to the quirks in the system and stopped ending up on so many wild goose chases. Basically if there's no data for an item in <24 hours, I assume it's already sold, and don't go looking for it. Also I don't go looking for the lowest/second-lowest price listing on anything unless it's an item that's probably in low demand.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agreed, the trade system is loving terrible.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Also, stick to the 3 main cities and rawl'kha or whatever the spelling is, maybe craglorn too, everywhere else has huge variances in prices, take extra time to get to, and will have limited selection.

Whenever I want something I just do the rounds in the 3 major cities and rawl'kha.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So what do you guys do when you go on stealing sprees to make money? Do only take green and better items or do you take the 40 gold garbage items too?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

BadLlama posted:

So what do you guys do when you go on stealing sprees to make money? Do only take green and better items or do you take the 40 gold garbage items too?

I take everything and just sell once I'm full until I hit my limit.

Also, I can probably get people into a decent trade guild, we've had a vendor in grahtwood for a long time, probably 6+ months and I think there are slots opening every week due to inactives getting kicked. Anything worth selling gets sold within a day or two. They run 2 weekly raffles one that costs 25k per ticket (I think it's 25k) to get into and one that is 2k per ticket, multiple prizes for the 2k. If you don't want to do raffles the weekly donation is like 500 or 1k I forget which. They also do prizes for best seller like giving back guild tax etc.

Also, they're not nazis about selling stuff, as long as you donate or buy a ticket to the 2k raffle every week they won't kick you.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I also recommend Savage Blade. They move traders around everywhere but they seem to get good spots and they only have a 20 day activity limit. As long as you log in every 20 days you're good.