Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lead poisoning doesn't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But like 30 seconds of thought says the bomb can't be the culprit.

- Too few kids poisoned
- No adults
- No greater instance closer to the detonation
- Those affected not in a pattern that would be related
- Clearly bullshit
- These dudes are morons

No spoilers I haven't finished the episode.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"It mimics the symptoms of lead poisoning. Also it has a bunch of other symptoms not related to lead."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really love how thin Talbot's deniability is. Like even the most basic investigation would uncover he was behind it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I really love how thin Talbot's deniability is. Like even the most basic investigation would uncover he was behind it.
Also the police probably aren't going to believe that guy shot himself in the chest, gun residue or not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also the police probably aren't going to believe that guy shot himself in the chest, gun residue or not.

It doesn't help the DEO actually seems like chumps, as they couldn't move on him with the evidence that Supergirl and Lena had? I guess they're only able to go after aliens and not humans.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So that trailer for next week's episode was pretty interesting, am I right? The sisters go back to their roots, and Supergirl actually sees her mom, Erica Durance? THAT struck me as the strangest thing for next week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the episode but Morgan Edge is really over the top evil. Like how did he find anyone to help him purposefully poison children for revenge purposes?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FactsAreUseless posted:

"He was shot in the chest straight-on from four feet away. There's gun residue on the hands, clearly self-inflicted."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to an interview if Floriana Lima had decided to stick around they totally were going to have a wedding sooner rather than later.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

So according to an interview if Floriana Lima had decided to stick around they totally were going to have a wedding sooner rather than later.

DC's war on lesbians continues.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

Double wedding with Barry and Iris.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

Double wedding with Barry and Iris.

Isn't Team Flash already doing a joint wedding with Team Arrow? Or is that just tonight's Girls Gone Wild episode?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's what set photos are suggesting, but nothing official's been said.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Edge is definitely an over the top comic book evil villain. And rather inept. He's probably lucky Kara's a bad reporter and hasn't exposed him already.

But in fairness the Arrowverse started with a conspiracy of wealthy business people looking to explode half of their city to kill all the poor people and relieve the burden on the "right people". So we've always been pretty far in the "evil plot" scale.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Edge is definitely an over the top comic book evil villain. And rather inept. He's probably lucky Kara's a bad reporter and hasn't exposed him already.

But in fairness the Arrowverse started with a conspiracy of wealthy business people looking to explode half of their city to kill all the poor people and relieve the burden on the "right people". So we've always been pretty far in the "evil plot" scale.

Moreover, this time last year Lillian Luthor was gear up to put the master stroke on her evil plan of "literally kill every non-human on Earth because boo hoo my son's in jail". And before that Lillian just straight up kidnapped a bunch of people and tried to shoot them halfway across the galaxy in a space ship. Again, because "gently caress aliens, my son's in the klink."

Jesus, Edge is kinda charmingly low rent compared to that poo poo so far. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nine-gear crow posted:

Moreover, this time last year Lillian Luthor was gear up to put the master stroke on her evil plan of "literally kill every non-human on Earth because boo hoo my son's in jail". And before that Lillian just straight up kidnapped a bunch of people and tried to shoot them halfway across the galaxy in a space ship. Again, because "gently caress aliens, my son's in the klink."

Jesus, Edge is kinda charmingly low rent compared to that poo poo so far. :colbert:

Wait till Edge starts talking to his boss. Darkseid is

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Was it ever explained why they recast Supergirl's mom or was it just a case of "Hey look, here's another person who was on a Superman show!"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

DukeofCA posted:

Was it ever explained why they recast Supergirl's mom or was it just a case of "Hey look, here's another person who was on a Superman show!"

Original actress wasn't available anymore for the size role they wanted this season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DukeofCA posted:

Just be glad they didn't not get the one who is a leader in a sex cult.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Yeah that episode where she's having the dream about mon-el and her mom I was just like wait why is Lois Lane there?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I can't watch this week's episode, they're breaking up one of my favorite couples on tv :(

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

I can't watch this week's episode, they're breaking up one of my favorite couples on tv :(

It was better than having them get married and then killing off Maggie, but still brutal.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a reason why a bit part love interest wouldn't do everything in their power to keep their role, no matter how small? It's a weekly episodic series, guaranteed work. Is Floriana Lima in higher demand than I realize?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Maybe she just hates Vancouver.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
She's dating Casey Affleck and thinks he's going to help her be a movie star.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Oben posted:

Who?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Oben posted:

wow - I hope this isn't true because it's really dumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ben Affleck's niece.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Maybe she just hates Vancouver.

To be fair, for as pretty and progressive as it is, Vancouver is terrible, so I wouldn’t blame her :v:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh cool, Andrew Kreisberg is the latest person to think those anti-harassment HR videos are, in fact, a how to guide.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I expected the guy to maybe drive by Lena menacingly or send her a menacing bouquet of her least favorite flowers or have some menacing corporate intrigue going on to start things off.

Nope, straight to poisoning children's swimming pools, executing people and crashing airplanes full of poison into reservoirs. That was the first step in his plan.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
In a lot of ways he feels a lot like a Maxwell Lord retread, but I like him more because he's not a terrible actor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, he's in the same "evil corporate Lex stand in" role but Lord seemed way more ambigious for way longer from my memory. Like I don't think it was until he was cloning creepy Supergirl stand ins that he was fully clearly a bad dude and even then his motives seemed ambiguously "trying to protect against danger" that didn't Kat appeal to him for help?

Edge is just right out of the gate murdering kids and poisoning the water supply for larger profit margins.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
They should merge... EdgeLord Industries!

Get a cut above the competition!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

So what does this mean for Supergirl? Do they have a new showrunner?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm going to be beyond pissed off if that dickhead's behaviour causes the arrowverse shows to fall apart and get cancelled or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They won't.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Maybe the thing to prioritize right now is the well-being of the 20 or more people he harassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pastrymancy posted:

Maybe the thing to prioritize right now is the well-being of the 20 or more people he harassed

Na gently caress that, what about my shows?!?