Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

cpaf posted:

It's a PvP reference; everyone is in Tier 1, 7th Platoon Training presumably because nobody has been seeded to PvP tiers just yet

Some of my friends are t2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Some of my friends are t2

The first pvp season just ended so that is probably why.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

My castle is max rank and my team of level ~30 people can go an entire map without anybody gaining a level. The experience curve is kind of hosed atm once you go past 25 or so

How mayn orbs and how much xp do the later upgrades cost/give? I'm at spend 5 to upgrade and haven't touched. My team is 34-35 and I am takin ga break to do some guys to 15-20 for a reminder that people do actually level up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

Cordelia's art in this game really sucks, especially compared to some of the fantastic unique styles like Arthur and Serra, or even the more traditional anime ones like Lucina and Abel (abel's art is loving amazing
e: ~4400 feathers. not bad.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll release a new one with a different title/art in six months that makes the current one obsolete.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Nephzinho posted:

How mayn orbs and how much xp do the later upgrades cost/give? I'm at spend 5 to upgrade and haven't touched. My team is 34-35 and I am takin ga break to do some guys to 15-20 for a reminder that people do actually level up.

The last upgrade is 10 orbs / 100% bonus.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nephzinho posted:

The costs are 1/2/5/8/10, each giving a +20% upgrade, so in the end your xp is doubled

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well after upgrading and leveling my Tiki, she seems to be a slightly worse Nowi with even worst res then her.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nuebot posted:

I don't know who you're facing in the arena man, but even weak opponents will usually only take like 5 damage at best from Roy and it takes a concentrated team effort with constant healing to down even one enemy unit. Meanwhile they'll just one shot every single one of my units with ease.

Roy is mostly a situational PVE character but what the hell are you doing if your Roy isn't blowing up green enemies? that's his whole gimmick. Equip triangle adept!

Seal Def even makes him effective anti-armor, so it's not like he has that roadblock in front of him

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I've been using 5* Tiki with 4* Gwendolyn, Merric, and Wrys. I guess the consensus is that Wrys is a dumb thing to be using, but Lon'qu and Laslow seem so fragile, Est seems redunant with Gwendolyn, and that little green-haired red mage is terrible. For right now I don't see a better 4* option, and I've been leaning on the healing, but maybe once I move up difficulty levels it will become obvious how dumb of a guy Wrys is.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Well after upgrading and leveling my Tiki, she seems to be a slightly worse Nowi with even worst res then her.

You know, when i first rolled a 5* Nowi I audibly groaned because I hate her stupid loving character design, but now that I've used her I...still get to groan. Cause she complements my team really well and is super useful, meaning I get to see her all the time. :smith:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/828800459053883393

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, what are you waiting for? Do it! Twitter people!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

Well, what are you waiting for? Do it! Twitter people!

They already got it

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Lol, it's already over 20K globally and NoE didn't even tweet it yet

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
thanks nintendo

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
My Takumi is +3 spd -3 res (an addtional -1 "bonus" to res as well) which is great cuz it's not like he's gonna survive a nuker anyway. My Lucina is -atk +spd which is fine, not ideal but i doubt 3 atk or whatever is going to be a breakpoint

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

You know, when i first rolled a 5* Nowi I audibly groaned because I hate her stupid loving character design, but now that I've used her I...still get to groan. Cause she complements my team really well and is super useful, meaning I get to see her all the time. :smith:

I would use Nowi if her speed wasn't so atrociously bad, 11 spd at Lv23.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Phyresis posted:

My Takumi is +3 spd -3 res (an addtional -1 "bonus" to res as well) which is great cuz it's not like he's gonna survive a nuker anyway. My Lucina is -atk +spd which is fine, not ideal but i doubt 3 atk or whatever is going to be a breakpoint

Is there a full chart that shows everyone's max stats? Not just the popular characters?

Edit: Even if not, can you link the chart again please?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 7, 2017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really don't think mages should be countered. Maybe if there's a specific magic counter, ya. Separate the two.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Clarste posted:

Is there a full chart that shows everyone's max stats? Not just the popular characters?

Edit: Even if not, can you link the chart again please?

http://feheroes.wiki/Hero_List

this is the best resource so far

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Phyresis posted:

http://feheroes.wiki/Hero_List

this is the best resource so far

Uh... that doesn't show anyone's max stats (unless they're on a completely separate page on that wiki), only their base stats. I was specifically wondering how you could tell which stats are above and below par, like you did in the post I quoted. Unless I completely misunderstood what you were doing.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Please patch in the no damage tink I miss it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
just here to say that Henry kinda suck.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Just got an update when I opened the app, but from what i can tell, nothing's changed. Weird.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Thank you to whoever recommended Fem!Corrin. Holy loving dick nipples gently caress all sword users forever. Also, is there any reason to get some of these 3*s to 5* when they seem to get all their abilities at 4*? Better stats?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Haroshia posted:

Thank you to whoever recommended Fem!Corrin. Holy loving dick nipples gently caress all sword users forever. Also, is there any reason to get some of these 3*s to 5* when they seem to get all their abilities at 4*? Better stats?

Better stats, plus a few extra mt on the weapon (which is equivalent to better atk). A few characters get a unique weapon at 5*

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Just tried my luck again and out 12 crap summons I managed to get a 3* Corrin (F). Anybody want to tell me if she worth raising to 5*?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Better stats, plus a few extra mt on the weapon (which is equivalent to better atk). A few characters get a unique weapon at 5*

If they get a better weapon it's listed though right? A lot of them have nothing listed at 5*.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

just here to say that Henry kinda suck.
He gets a tome that grants him a WTA over shurikens/bows/healers. That is a nifty asset to have.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Haroshia posted:

If they get a better weapon it's listed though right? A lot of them have nothing listed at 5*.

Examine them under their overall skills list rather than the purchase menu to see stuff that's locked out by rank.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Haroshia posted:

Don't look at their learn skills page, click on their skill list in the bottom right instead on the character.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haroshia posted:

Every character has four weapons, three levels of their two passives, and either an assist or a special, the latter of which at least has upgrades as well. However, in the "Learn Skills" page, you can only see what is available at their current rarity; if you open their character info page and check their Skill List, though, then you can see everything they have and the rarity at which it becomes available.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Haroshia posted:

Touch and hold the character you're looking at, go to the bottom right of the screen that pops up and hit "Skill List"

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Any reason why I can't Merge two heroes? I got 2 Shannas, but it won't let me do the merge.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Every character has four weapons, three levels of their two passives, and either an assist or a special, the latter of which at least has upgrades as well. However, in the "Learn Skills" page, you can only see what is available at their current rarity; if you open their character info page and check their Skill List, though, then you can see everything they have and the rarity at which it becomes available.

Roland Jones posted:

hooman posted:

Don't look at their learn skills page, click on their skill list in the bottom right instead on the character.

Neat. I'm dumb. :downs:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Waffleopolis posted:

Any reason why I can't Merge two heroes? I got 2 Shannas, but it won't let me do the merge.

Is either of them favorited? The game won't let you use a favorite as Merge material.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
4 and up star heroes are auto favorited. You have to go to the settings to turn that off.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Poor Peri. Despite being a blue 5* she crashed straight into my Roy and died instantly. Have only 35 hp and 23 defense as her bases at level 40 doesn't really work out for her when fighting someone who has extra def/res when being attacked and debuffs her defense by 7 afterwards even with WTA.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

AweStriker posted:

Is either of them favorited? The game won't let you use a favorite as Merge material.

Nope. I checked and neither of them are favorited. Whenever I highlight them the Next button is still faded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Eopia posted:

Poor Peri. Despite being a blue 5* she crashed straight into my Roy and died instantly. Have only 35 hp and 23 defense as her bases at level 40 doesn't really work out for her when fighting someone who has extra def/res when being attacked and debuffs her defense by 7 afterwards even with WTA.

Yeah she's definitely not Hard enough