Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I'm pretty certain there were no quartz given back on JP, otherwise all of the various NA vs. JP analysis's that were posted a while back would make no sense.

What JP did do is award players who bought Mona Lisa with extra prisms when it came back into the shop, because it was originally a lot more expensive to MLB it.

Yeah it's primarily a comment I've seen a lot after the 10SQ reveal and since I never kept up with JP I had no idea one way or the other so I've been looking at it with some skepticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm still gonna be a bit sour either way due to the aforementioned "did a 10-roll for Bedis expecting to get the quartz back" thing.

You know we're still getting ten tickets for the anniversary, right?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

You know we're still getting ten tickets for the anniversary, right?

Yes. I was expecting the tickets and the quartz, which is why I felt comfortable throwing a 10-roll at story.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Didn't they also pay 4 SQ/40 SQ for single and 10 rolls before the anniversary?
This is where I'm coming from. We've been paying a lot less for summons since launch but people still complain. Not to mention the other quality of life changes JP didn't get until later on.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Always complain.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I know that I should be doing the daily quests for mats and gems, but I still need a lot of exp for the Servants I want to level so instead I'm doing ember gathering grinding.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's reasonable to say/look at JP and say, "hey, they got this, why can't we?" It can be argued that it all works out in NA's favor because of the aforementioned other bonuses, but it's not like DW/Aniplex is going to be transparent about that decision and explain why that's the case, and that can be frustrating.

But it's important to keep everything in perspective. Things can always be better, but there was a very real chance it could've been a whole lot worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Always complain.

Did you send your false report that Albert groped the va's as well

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

At the end of the day it's a literal billion dollar game and you should try to wring absolutely every single reward you possibly can out of the folks that run it. Thus, always complain.

The catch is to not be a shithead about it, particularly toward the NA team that isn't invested in and isn't making calls.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Remember to do that survey, it's worth a summon ticket.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

At the end of the day it's a literal billion dollar game and you should try to wring absolutely every single reward you possibly can out of the folks that run it. Thus, always complain.

They don't read this thread, though, so people who complain here can only really expect mockery.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

NRVNQSR posted:

They don't read this thread, though, so people who complain here can only really expect mockery.

They definitely read Reddit though. I think the continuous Reddit exposure is slowly destroying Albert Kao.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"Fire the head of localization because the panel wasn't pristine like nippon"

*2 weeks later*

"Why is the translation late"

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

They definitely read Reddit though. I think the continuous Reddit exposure is slowly destroying Albert Kao.

Hopefully it'll be a learning experience for them to not read reddit.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

The topic seems to be complaints in general.

Soylentbits posted:

The reddit is hilariously bipolar. On one hand, the "Be grateful" joke about it exists for a reason. On the other hand, there's the entire reaction to yesterday's stream.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Reddit is full of corporate cocksuckers or fire everyone people.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been led to believe that they also got a SQ back for every pull they did once it went down to 3, though I'd like confirmation of that.

Jpn players got a refund on sq used on storage space. I can't find anything about roll refunds.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Apparently according to this, even while JP have 4 sq roll, NA was still only on par with JP despite having 3sq. So server is as good as 3/4 of JP in terms of quartz. Though those who started from Day 1, are the least affected by this (since most of the quartz award are frontloaded in NA). Though I guess we also might need to factor in other things like our year last 377 days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cQeWoclM64z3i_DWSWN4do_Fg8zjjM35KqXN-ZO5uaw/edit#gid=1155118490

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 8, 2018

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Randomzx posted:

Apparently according to this, even while JP have 4 sq roll, NA was still only on par with JP despite having 3sq. So server is as good as 3/4 of JP in terms of quartz. Though those who started from Day 1, are the least affected by this (since most of the quartz award are frontloaded in NA)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cQeWoclM64z3i_DWSWN4do_Fg8zjjM35KqXN-ZO5uaw/edit#gid=1155118490

Which actually would explain the sharply divergent viewpoints. I started on Day 2 and I’m pretty happy about my collection at this point. I imagine the later you start the more frustrating the quartz issue becomes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

counterpoint, its not going to change anything and its really exhausting to read. at least, its not going to change anything here, in the place they dont read.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Endorph posted:

counterpoint, its not going to change anything and its really exhausting to read. at least, its not going to change anything here, in the place they dont read.

I disagree. I was unaware that lowered rewards was even a thing until someone here complained. I'm thankful for the information about FGO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you also read the info about things na had at launch that jp didnt, or

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like idk reddit is literally trying to organize a mass campaign to get the head of the localization team fired via any means possible because they thought he was unfunny at the panel and, he kind of was but good lord get some perspective

i think the game could afford to be more generous and the us version could be handled better but at this point im just exhausted of having to read about it every time the na team does literally anything, especially since literally everything is decided by out of touch japanese businessmen who have never read any english language posts, will never read any english language posts, and will shut down everything if it becomes more trouble than its worth

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Endorph posted:

like idk reddit is literally trying to organize a mass campaign to get the head of the localization team fired via any means possible because they thought he was unfunny at the panel and, he kind of was but good lord get some perspective

i think the game could afford to be more generous and the us version could be handled better but at this point im just exhausted of having to read about it every time the na team does literally anything, especially since literally everything is decided by out of touch japanese businessmen who have never read any english language posts, will never read any english language posts, and will shut down everything if it becomes more trouble than its worth

Out of touch businessmen don’t shut down billion dollar operations because of internet complaints. Like that’s the first lesson they teach you in out of touch businessmanning school.

So I have crazy powerful arts teams but my quick and buster teams are kinda lackluster. It’s basically Scathach doing her own thing or me waiting on the ember and chains I need for Ozymandias. What low level supports should I be going for? Besides Hans. He’s fun but I need some variety.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Out of touch businessmen don’t shut down billion dollar operations because of internet complaints. Like that’s the first lesson they teach you in out of touch businessmanning school.
they do if you review bomb the app and accuse the head of translation and PR of sexually harassing and bullying famous voice actresses (both things they are trying to organize)

Soylentbits posted:

So I have crazy powerful arts teams but my quick and buster teams are kinda lackluster. It’s basically Scathach doing her own thing or me waiting on the ember and chains I need for Ozymandias. What low level supports should I be going for? Besides Hans. He’s fun but I need some variety.
Quick: Cursed Arm, Kotarou
Buster: Lu Bu, Shakespeare

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
So, I rolled on the guaranteed cavalry banner. It got me Cu Alter. My dogge collection is now complete.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Soylentbits posted:

Cursed Arm Hassan is a good star generator and Caesar has a strong Single Targer Quick NP.

Billy the Kid is a absurd Crit Archer and has the biggest Crit Buff in the game.

Ushiwakamaru is the best budget ST Rider.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Endorph posted:

did you also read the info about things na had at launch that jp didnt, or

Yeah, I saw that earlier in this very topic. I'm glad they didn't stick with 4 quartz per summoning but I suspect paying more for summons would have killed the global launch.

Speaking of paying more, is that why they are boosting bonus quartz? Because in Japan that's what the rate is? I thought it was something nice for the anniversary but I'm starting to guess not so much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Its' the rate things are at in Japan, but it was only introduced in Japan shortly after NA launched, not a 1st anniversary thing. It's not what the rate always was in Japan, either.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Yeah that’s an rear end in a top hat move but again businesses really don’t run that way. Bad PR rarely seems to affect portfolios the way people think it will.

Why Kotarou? I get the other choices but Kotarou isn’t really support and I don’t see what he adds to a quick team.

Edit: And I don’t think he has the insane np numbers that some of the other 1-3 stars get. Why him and not Jing Ke? She’s also weak but she at least has 3 star stars.

Soylentbits fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 8, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Ushiwakamaru is the best budget ST Rider.

Unless they're very new, in which they should already have Np5 Ridertoki.

Hypocrisy posted:

Speaking of paying more, is that why they are boosting bonus quartz? Because in Japan that's what the rate is? I thought it was something nice for the anniversary but I'm starting to guess not so much.

We got EXTRA slot and boosted paid quartz a year earlier than JP, also master missions wasn't a thing until recently at where JP was.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Why Kotarou? I get the other choices but Kotarou isn’t really support and I don’t see what he adds to a quick team.
his quick cards generate jack-levels of stars

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I get to see how well FGO's account recovery works.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Unless they're very new, in which they should already have Np5 Ridertoki.
He's the best welfare Rider, there's a difference. :v:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Endorph posted:

his quick cards generate jack-levels of stars

That’s interesting. I never experimented with his star generation.

Edit: I’m an idiot. I was thinking of Kojirou.

Soylentbits fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Now I get to see how well FGO's account recovery works.

It's poo poo and I don't understand why they don't implement something better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf kojirou's star gen is pretty okay too but its better after his animation update since it makes his extra attack better

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All the money they are making they should invest in a more standardized account system and not having an aspect ratio completely locked out that makes the game have huge black bars on any modern flagship from like 2 years now

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Soylentbits posted:

On top of what everyone else said, Leonidas' third skill is a team-wide buster-up. You have to do his strengthening to get it, though.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Lurks With Wolves posted:

On top of what everyone else said, Leonidas' third skill is a team-wide buster-up. You have to do his strengthening to get it, though.

I had been neglecting Leonidas in favor of Georgios and Mash. Guess I’ll put in some work on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It's poo poo and I don't understand why they don't implement something better.

I spent money for Quartz, so maybe that'll help? We'll see. I don't really want to restart things, though.