Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Zodack posted:

This Silver Centurion figure is amazing

I want this figure but I already pre-ordered the game through Amazon because 20% off pre-orders for Prime members, think Gamestop will just sell me the figure or should I wait and Bricklink it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I would try to buy it if GameStop has any extra. If you want to buy the figure it's probably going to be $20, minimum. The price might drop initially when there are more of them but if Iron Patriot is any standard it'll just start going up in price forever since it's a rare polybag.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I just asked my friend who works at GameStop and apparently his store only received 2 of them. Both of which are already gone. :(

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It seems to be pretty random how many they get. I asked if they had extra at the one I picked mine up at, and he said they didn't even have enough for all the people who had pre-ordered. On the flip side, I have a friend who works and GameStop and he says they often get so many they just give the extras away.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Ika posted:

Crawler crane is awesome, and just gigantic for its price. (I have mine set up so it is dangling the TARDIS)

Ha, awesome.

Is it close to minifig-scale?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dammit, Mixels Series 7 appeared at my local Fred Meyer. I was hoping I was done with Lego spending for the month.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
The Porsche will cost more than the excavator :aaa:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The new summer Park set might be the best City set ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Post pictures and let us judge.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This page has a fairly comprehensive set, quality is passable. The park set has a new wheelchair piece!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh wow, a new type of Lego minifigure, too. Lego babies.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ghost Rider set confirmed :black101:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Not really impressed by the volcano line up, although that hazmat suit looks cool. That camper though, looks fantastic. Lego, bitches!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I want that US Capitol building so bad.

It would be nice if we could get some Boston landmarks (John Hancock building, Prudential Center, Customs House Clocktower) into the architecture series.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Krazyface posted:

This page has a fairly comprehensive set, quality is passable. The park set has a new wheelchair piece!

I want those little Batman bumper cars. Holy poo poo.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Definitely getting that camper. The lighthouse looks awful similar to the last lighthouse.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

All of those Marvel sets, holy poo poo we're on our way to Sinister Six

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Krazyface posted:

Nice, a duplo mecha!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Krazyface posted:

That wheelchair piece is amazing, as is the baby.

The Angry Birds sets look better than I expected. I won't buy them, because I don't have the space and because that license feels out-of-date even with a moving coming, but they do look pretty good. Especially the pig minifigs.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

The Friends amusement park sets also look amazing, especially the hot dog truck, but I really hope this isn't in replacement of what now seems to be a yearly release of a CREATOR amusement park set. I have the old grand carousel and the more recent fairground mixer and ferris wheel; I'm dying for a legit roller coaster set or something.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh, Mickey, Donald and Goofy? That's pretty cool. Shame it's Duplo.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Apollodorus posted:

Ha, awesome.

Is it close to minifig-scale?

Its larger than minifig scale, but not too much. You can squeeze one into the cab, but the tracks are as wide as a fig is tall.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Chairchucker posted:

Huh, Mickey, Donald and Goofy? That's pretty cool. Shame it's Duplo.

~Rumours~ say the an upcoming series of blind bag figs are gonna be Disney properties.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Those Nexo sets are so cool; trans-orange pieces for days :toot:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

kefkafloyd posted:

I want that US Capitol building so bad.

It would be nice if we could get some Boston landmarks (John Hancock building, Prudential Center, Customs House Clocktower) into the architecture series.

I haven't been into the Architecture line at all but seeing that Capitol makes me suddenly want to grab the White House and the Lincoln Memorial as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Don't suppose any a youse has a Native American Woman (with baby) for Tradesies?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Not a fan of the newer passenger jet cockpit pieces, but I love that door.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Well guys, I finally did it. The wings are not nearly attached to the body as sturdily as I would like but I honestly have no idea how to make it better.

Pretty hyped that I got it all together and it works just like I designed it. Even if I had a 1x1 tile left over at the end (I'll write it off as a spare part).

Zodack fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 28, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Not to get all progressive-politics-DnD-SJW in here, but that set with all the minifigs in the park? It is loaded with good poo poo. Obviously there is the guy with the wheel chair and a smile on his face, but you've also got three working women (the painter, the groundskeeper and the woman with the briefcase), a man who is not to macho to take his baby for a walk in the park, and two pairs of a boy and a girl playing together. One on the merry-go-round and the other playing soccer.

:3:

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 28, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

deoju posted:

Not to get all progressive-politics-DnD-SJW in here, but that set with all the minifigs in the park? It is loaded with good poo poo. Obviously there is the guy with the wheel chair and a smile on his face, but you've also got three working women (the painter, the groundskeeper and the woman with the briefcase), a man who is not to macho to take his baby for a walk in the park, and two pairs of a boy and a girl playing together. One on the merry-go-round and the other playing soccer.

This is awesome. We just had a kid back in October, and for Christmas, she "got" me a lego baby from a custom site. Want that official babby.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I've completed designing and rendering my latest MOC. At 2,368 parts it's my largest MOC to-date. I present the Tirrhinum-class Destroyer.

The four wings can open and close, exposing charging solar arrays for the large beam weapon emitters at the bow.

The hardest part was sticking to piece/color combos that were viable for a real-life build, should I ever decide to actually buy $240 worth of parts to assemble the thing. I'm not entirely sure it could support its own weight, as it has a few weak spots and I haven't designed a stand for it, but then again I often massively over-engineer what I think will be a weak spot and find it isn't necessary anyway.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
drat son!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ghost Rider set confirmed :black101:

Who cares about GR? Did you not notice LEGO Aunt May?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I must have all of those Mixels. Wonder how many duplicates I'll be getting to make the big ones too.

Also it's a bit odd that the volcano in the Volcano set looks kind of rubbish when they're also releasing a big-rear end volcano lair that looks nice.

Nexo Knights looks pretty nice in general. More hoverhorses always appreciated too, the design is great, I wonder how easy it would be to bricklink one up though.

Ghost Rider looks very good. Who is the orange Green Goblin looking dude though?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That's Hobgoblin. Who is unrelated sometimes and is sometimes Harry Osborn.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

deoju posted:

Definitely noticed that. Wonder if they're starting to finally take some of the friends release criticism to heart.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

That wheelchair is troubling because only 10224 Town Hall LEGO modular complies with ADA Standards for Accessible Design.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Next modular: Law Office to file a ton of ADA suits against the other buildings in town.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think lego has to conform to accessibility standards as giant fleshy hands can descend from the sky and get minifigs where they need to go. It's like god, except one that actually helps out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

McDragon posted:

I must have all of those Mixels. Wonder how many duplicates I'll be getting to make the big ones too.
Why would you need duplicates to make the larger mixels? I thought each series combined its three small mixels into one large one.