Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Sadly neither are the right size for a knight. I was told that you could crouch them a bit to make it work, but in practice it looks like they are teboing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I'm told there was some limited run where they were 5.5" tall but that was a while ago and Dreamforge doesn't sell them at that size anymore.

Which is a shame. Given how popular the Knights are, I'm a bit surprised there's not many cheaper alternatives out there that isn't a Gundam that hits the right size.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:3:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 1, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lack of arm cannon? No big shoulders? Can't turn into a ball? A poor Samus indeed.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Could pick up 2 of those (the 15mm versions) to be the robits for 70 bucks, just need a leader model :P

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Two Leviathans, with a Mortis as the leader.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I'll admit I didn't follow the new Knights release at all until today, but I can't help but notice there's a new codex.

...Really?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Sykic posted:

I'll admit I didn't follow the new Knights release at all until today, but I can't help but notice there's a new codex.

...Really?

Yep. Two years between Eldar Codexes. One year between Knights. Next Codex is going to be Blood Angels in June since the last one came out six months prior. July will see a new Skitarii Codex, and then in August they'll release a new Tau Codex only to make it obsolete by releasing the next Tau codex simultaneously. Then the space-time continuum will fall apart and the 8th edition Chaos Space Marines Codex will be released a month before the 7th edition one.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Ut oh:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Exalted-Court-House-Terryn-Rules-Bundle

Limited edition boutique rules.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I don't know what your point is but I know I'll be picking it up. you save so much money not having to buy the models individually, and the rules rock! I did hear though the new knight codex coming out will make them obsolete but that is a small price to pay.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Limited edition datasheet ~this totally won't be on the internet in PDF form within the day~
At least it's a new codex with more than 2 entries, although the sound of multiple knight formations isn't a comforting one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Really like knight warden probably gonna pre order one

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Moola posted:

Really like knight warden probably gonna pre order one

Get the Ltd ed knight deal!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Not only is this a huge can of worms for using the rules (are pirated rules okay to use now? Otherwise only 100 people ever can use this formation!), but as a completionist, this drives me nuts. Hopefully the rules won't be overpowered and no one will want it so people will ebay it. But even still it will probably fetch a premium price, since the collectors' editions go for ridiculous amounts (until the edition changes, then they're paperweights).

Essentially the single datasheet costs ~$150 (or whatever one of the new knights costs), as you're giving up the opportunity to buy the 5 knights at a 20% off retailer. That's some premium paper. Knowing GW it will come with the corner bent or with a crease in it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doctor Borris posted:

Get the Ltd ed knight deal!

too expensive

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, that's a terrible decision but of course they'll be on the interwebs in like no time. What's more concering is whether it will be actually strong as the Adamantine Lance.

Honestly, they should just finish off murdering Competitive and tourney's by getting rid of the CAD all together.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

thegodofchuck posted:

Not only is this a huge can of worms for using the rules (are pirated rules okay to use now? Otherwise only 100 people ever can use this formation!), but as a completionist, this drives me nuts. Hopefully the rules won't be overpowered and no one will want it so people will ebay it. But even still it will probably fetch a premium price, since the collectors' editions go for ridiculous amounts (until the edition changes, then they're paperweights).

Essentially the single datasheet costs ~$150 (or whatever one of the new knights costs), as you're giving up the opportunity to buy the 5 knights at a 20% off retailer. That's some premium paper. Knowing GW it will come with the corner bent or with a crease in it.

They've done this before with the Reclusiam Command Squad. I think it ended up in White Dwarf like six months after the fact.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hollismason posted:

Honestly, they should just finish off murdering Competitive and tourney's by getting rid of the CAD all together.

At this point I would almost have more respect for GW if they came out and said that if you want to simulate a battle with your finely detailed citadel miniatures, you should just move them around and make pew pew noises at each other.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

JerryLee posted:

At this point I would almost have more respect for GW if they came out and said that if you want to simulate a battle with your finely detailed citadel miniatures, you should just move them around and make pew pew noises at each other.

8th edition. :effort:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Hollismason posted:

8th edition. :effort:

7th edition isn't far off.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Genuinely which edition are we even on atm? Can't even remember

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

JerryLee posted:

"My Land Raider fires its supershell! It automatically destroys your dreadnought!"
"Nuh-uh! My dreadnaught has atomic shielding which resists everything!
"Mooooom!"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

JerryLee posted:

I think you mean FREEEEEEM! FREEEM!

(Does anyone else remember Turn Signals On a Land Raider?)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Maybe this will solve the balance issues everyone's always complaining about. If you think Chaos Space Marines aren't a competitive army, you can get the Limited Edition Chaos Adeptus Astartes Codex, which has much better rules than the regular release.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

I think you mean FREEEEEEM! FREEEM!

(Does anyone else remember Turn Signals On a Land Raider?)

Yes.:negative:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe this will solve the balance issues everyone's always complaining about. If you think Chaos Space Marines aren't a competitive army, you can get the Limited Edition Chaos Adeptus Astartes Codex, which has much better rules than the regular release.

Agreed this is a good idea IMO

People who want good rules can buy the more expensive version, and everyone else can just enjoy the fluff and pictures etc

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rules only available to the set? They better be loving garbage or thats the most bonkers decision they've made.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Next is a digital app that lets you buy one use rerolls in regular games at $5 apiece and $20 mystery model boxes. Maybe you'll get a knight or maybe you'll get an ammo runt!

Phase 2 is painted minis at 5x the price.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 2, 2015

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Finished another building with two more (background) nearing completion.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Boon posted:

Finished another building with two more (background) nearing completion.

Looking great as always! That overpass is especially cool.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

serious gaylord posted:

Rules only available to the set? They better be loving garbage or thats the most bonkers decision they've made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Moola posted:

Agreed this is a good idea IMO

People who want good rules can buy the more expensive version, and everyone else can just enjoy the fluff and pictures etc

Honestly, why not? They can keep doing the Codexes and FAQs and Dataslates and White Dwarfs and supplements as they are now, and every now and again release a special edition, super limited, "Tournament" rule set. I

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

boom boom boom posted:

Honestly, why not? They can keep doing the Codexes and FAQs and Dataslates and White Dwarfs and supplements as they are now, and every now and again release a special edition, super limited, "Tournament" rule set. I

Almost all my friends just files everything printed anyways. It will absolute zero impact on most players.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Almost all my friends just files everything printed anyways. It will absolute zero impact on most players.

It won't have any impact on playing the game for folks like your friends, but every time someone needs to filez the rules in order to play it moves the average GW player more and more solidly into the criminal realm, so to speak. A player who gets used to needing to go extralegal in order to acquire their games is a player who will see less and less wrong with buying recasts. Not every player will make that jump, of course, but some number of them.

I would think that at this point GW ought to be falling all over themselves to make it easier and more appealing to play the game legitimately, but they're going in the exact opposite direction.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm certainly not buying the new Codex Knights. They can gently caress right off.

Being generous, I feel like the Codex I bought last year was a beta, and GW don't understand how early access works. Being less generous, I genuinely feel like I've been defrauded.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 3, 2015

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We just need yearly army changes to keep things fresh.

"Yeah, the '14 Knights were pretty good, but I think this season they're looking even stronger"

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

We just need yearly army changes to keep things fresh.

"Yeah, the '14 Knights were pretty good, but I think this season they're looking even stronger"

I would actually be okay with this. If the rules were free.Which they wouldn't be.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Locomotive breath posted:

I would actually be okay with this. If the rules were free.Which they wouldn't be.

Yeah, making free yearly rules updates for everything would actually make GW's $100 plastic robots increase in effective value, so of course they won't do it.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Hey speaking of the '14 Knights how do you think fan favorite '14 Eldar are gonna do with their new stuff? I sure hope some more supplements like Iyanden come out for them soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Doctor Borris posted:

Hey speaking of the '14 Knights how do you think fan favorite '14 Eldar are gonna do with their new stuff? I sure hope some more supplements like Iyanden come out for them soon.

Iyanden supplement: giving Troops the D.

E. "To defend the craftworld, we have awakened the dead... With morning wood."

• Locked thread