Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Stringent posted:

If not thinking about a thing that a lot of other people have been makes you feel old then I guess you better get used to it?

It feels very odd to have this be a thing again. It's been an underground thing since the 40's or whatever, but I think many of us probably associate the intersection of kinky sex and magic with the satanic panic in the 80s and the vampire scene in the 90s. These people never really went away, but they became culturally irrelevant once the internet really got going. Hell, furries are mainstream now. I'm saying it's sort of quaint that people are shocked by the "erotic" stuff in Moore's work; yeah, it's problematic as poo poo, but old hat no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay two questions 1. who the gently caress is Jerry Dunk? 2. What the gently caress is the headphones thing all about, is Felix referencing something that Americans would understand or is it just him

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Crane Fist posted:

Okay two questions 1. who the gently caress is Jerry Dunk? 2. What the gently caress is the headphones thing all about, is Felix referencing something that Americans would understand or is it just him

He's just a really generic-sounding douchebag who stole the joke-teller's headphones and is gay because of that. What's nuanced or confusing about this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Apoplexy posted:

He's just a really generic-sounding douchebag who stole the joke-teller's headphones and is gay because of that. What's nuanced or confusing about this

Why headphones. Why is it always headphones. That just seemed weirdly specific? Is there some stereotype about people from Ohio loving headphones or something

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Why headphones. Why is it always headphones. That just seemed weirdly specific? Is there some stereotype about people from Ohio loving headphones or something

How else is he going to listen to his Joyner Lucas workout mix

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Its joke about inane bullshit Facebook people hold grudges over to cause drama. You getting stuck in why it's some specific small thing is missing the forest for the trees.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

cohsae posted:

Virgil's got that dry British humour, and dresses like a true gentleman. Matt on the other hand is a complete oaf.

Virgil's got a Moe for a haircut and saves himself with glasses and outdated humor. don't @ me

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Victory Position posted:

Virgil's got a moe

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Its joke about inane bullshit Facebook people hold grudges over to cause drama. You getting stuck in why it's some specific small thing is missing the forest for the trees.

Mystery solved, I'm the idiot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cohsae posted:

Virgil's got that dry British humour, and dresses like a true gentleman. Matt on the other hand is a complete oaf.

britain's chock full of oafs; they're about to make one prime minister

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Moe is their leader.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bambdm1a/status/1022171007564611585?s=21

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
it's obvious, Virgil is like a dead ringer for a mod (not the forums kind)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Autism Sneaks posted:

it's obvious, Virgil is like a dead ringer for a mod (not the forums kind)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeu3iH0R_GM

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Yay, Matt's doing his accents! :neckbeard:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I'm leery of listening to this, I can't remember if I started shouting up the hoods or something.

Dublin has, if such a thing is possible, too many pubs.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Hank Grimes"?

:cripes:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Lol at around 8:15 the cut is where Felix made a joke about how Irish people tell loads of small lies but Jews tell one big lie. Guess they want to keep the option of returning to Europe open

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bryter posted:

Lol at around 8:15 the cut is where Felix made a joke about how Irish people tell loads of small lies but Jews tell one big lie. Guess they want to keep the option of returning to Europe open

Also, they have laws in Europe against that sort of thing -- they can throw you in the slammer for saying certain stuff.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Every time I see that "friend of coal" license plate it's on a $100K truck that clearly never gets used to move things and I want to key it so bad. They have bumper stickers that say "Coal - it keeps the lights on!" too.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Was Virgil's joke about knowing Will is Irish a Roundhead/Cavalier circumcision joke?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

rapeface posted:

Was Virgil's joke about knowing Will is Irish a Roundhead/Cavalier circumcision joke?
It was an "irish curse"/small weiner joke.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

pangstrom posted:

It was an "irish curse"/small weiner joke.

Huh, I've never heard of that.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I appreciate Will doing a cultural revolution style denunciation of his own father as a reactionary before a roaring crowd

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Chexoid posted:

I appreciate Will doing a cultural revolution style denunciation of his own father as a reactionary before a roaring crowd

I'm glad someone else had the correct takeaway from The Three-Body Problem

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Chakan posted:

Every time I see that "friend of coal" license plate it's on a $100K truck that clearly never gets used to move things and I want to key it so bad. They have bumper stickers that say "Coal - it keeps the lights on!" too.

Carry a lead pipe in your car so you can smash out their windows before you drive off. They deserve that, at minimum. If not having their tank sugared.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Felix making a Death in June joke, boy contains multitudes.

also, Boston Wakanda. :hmbol:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/PedanticRomantc/status/1140660035493625862

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Strong Dan Quinn vibes from this. Okay, it's like this playboy, you ever see a dengist dance like this.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"You know, it's true what the anime pervert says," is one hell of an opening line.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

maoist twitter

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1140983009396559878

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/BadFilmTakes/status/1140993077865320448

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The trio plan to read a few columns from UK newspapers during the tour. “I am continually astounded by Britain’s political and media culture,” says Menaker. “Honestly, it makes ours look healthy.” Christman agrees, adding that he only really “wants to make fun of that Toby Young”. Christman first encountered the Spectator writer as a celebrity judge on the US TV show Top Chef, where he apparently “sucked rear end”.

:cawg:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Invisibles is so loving good
A bullet in the right place is no substitute for the real thing.

uber_stoat posted:

Felix making a Death in June joke, boy contains multitudes.
I feel vindicated.
Of course Walsh prefers the saggy-chested old racist to the fit mixed-race guy who dated Jamie Clayton.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Is he really a racist, though? He said he had a regretful period after hearing a friend was raped where he wanted to go out and get revenge for her against someone who looked similar. He didn't, though, because he's not a monster. Makes him at least a little bit better than the racist scumbag chud, to me.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Yeah that's incredibly racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Probably, but can we at least concede that it's LESS RACIST than actually doing something-- anything, even-- that negatively impacts a black person's life? Sure, bad thing if he acted on it, but he didn't.