Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

frankenfreak posted:

That's some body horror. :gonk: I guess it's supposed to be a pimple, but it looks like some hole in the flesh.

It's clearly a Botfly infestation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Saint Sputnik posted:

Goddamm fake medians

I guess the truth really isn't in the middle

qmark
Nov 21, 2005

College Slice

Abyssal Squid posted:

This is fun because the Online Left genuinely does seem to have an imbalance there, but Tinsley being Tinsley he thinks any amount of the latter is unacceptable. "I was happy until you made this problem affect me, you selfish thugs!!!!!"

It doesn't even make sense. "Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable" is a quote about the role of newspapers and, I guess by extension, journalism in general. Not protesters or whatever else.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Enver Hoxha propaganda compilation

First thing first - who? The communist leader of Albania for about 40 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enver_Hoxha

He started out as a partisan (guerrilla warfare) leader during the German occupation with the help of the USSR (Enver met Stalin a number of times to plot things out) Albania ended WWII free of the Germans, monarchists, capitalists, or intervention by Western powers.

Enver believed the Allies were plotting to divide Albania between neighboring nations, and that Stalin was the only reason an independent Albania (with Enver in the lead) came to exist.

So when Khrushchev denounced Stalin, Enver cut of ties to the Soviet union, allying with China instead. That worked for a while, but then China started orienting itself towards the West and capitalism as well. Besides, Enver's habit of continually purging "disloyal" elements in trues Stalinist fashion grew kinda boring. So 1930's, you know. We're in the 60's Enver, get with the times!

By the late 1970's, Albania basically ran out of friends, trading partners and even countries that would merely tolerate it. It defaulted on its loans, and the economy was in a tailspin. Albania was (by most measures) the poorest country in Europe.

Meanwhile, Enver was spending whatever money there was left on bunkers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunkers_in_Albania Every town hill, vale, crossroads, farmhouse, warehouse, doghouse and outhouse in Albania had a bunker dug near it, so that the Albanian people could defend themselves from the inevitable invasion by... everyone. Enver genuinely assumed that pretty much every country in Europe was getting ready to invade Albania the very moment he falters.

Enver used his last years for another round of purges, getting rid of comrades who ruled alongside him for 40 odd years, and anyone trying to get Albania to actually stop being the most isolated and poor country in Europe.

Enver died of natural causes in 1985. The bunkers make for great tourist spots and places for teenage couples to make love.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 18, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hipsters:argh:

The worst thing is that I'm close to being like the last one.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I really hope Garrison does a cartoon about Bannon getting fired.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pakled posted:

next cartoon is probably going to be some awful one about terror attacks in Europe.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pakled posted:

Finally, I hear some good news from this thread.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Hipsters:argh:

The worst thing is that I'm close to being like the last one.

Kate Beaton did this years ago

e:

Pakled posted:

:eyepop: holy poo poo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bannon fired?
:toot: I'll save the champagne for the impeachment though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Garrison's next comic will be both Bannon getting fired and the Barcelona attacks and antifas being mean to poor ol' Nazis, and behind the scenes, who's that in the shadows? Why, it's our Dear Leader Soros!

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Not a Latuff fan (to say the least) but in this case the analogy is fairly exact.

It's somewhat not. Israel, for all it's faults and lovely behaviour, has a large contingent of leftists. Israel is also trapped in a siege mentality from decades spent fighting similar people who were trying to wipe it off the map. Finally, zionist ideology, for all its 19th century-inspired imperialist bullshit, isn't intent on wiping out entire categories of human beings (but yes, Bibi did make those ethnic cleansing claims and yeah, he should be in loving prison).

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Next up: Nazi Plows Car Into Crowd, done in the whimsical style of Norman Rockwell

It's the Dems fault the GOP can't get anything done despite total government control.

"As I said, many fine people on that side."

Grumpy Old Man posted:

We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pembroke Fuse posted:

It's somewhat not. Israel, for all it's faults and lovely behaviour, has a large contingent of leftists. Israel is also trapped in a siege mentality from decades spent fighting similar people who were trying to wipe it off the map. Finally, zionist ideology, for all its 19th century-inspired imperialist bullshit, isn't intent on wiping out entire categories of human beings (but yes, Bibi did make those ethnic cleansing claims and yeah, he should be in loving prison).

Thank you, you summarised the situation rather nicely.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You're a Nazi sympathizer.

quote:

You're a Nazi sympathizer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Begemot posted:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

"Your jobs and way of life in general, condolences."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Coal is going to be phased out and the longer you wait the more painful the process is going to be. Not that I understand why people keep defending the coal industry, the miners die because the owners doesn't give a gently caress about them and the coal itself pollutes the planet.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Am I wrong, or is the donkey in Lester's cartoon also a gay caricature? On top of everything else - being a Nazi, a wife beater, etc - he's knocking down a gay straw man too.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Am I wrong, or is the donkey in Lester's cartoon also a gay caricature? On top of everything else - being a Nazi, a wife beater, etc - he's knocking down a gay straw man too.

I find it hard to believe that Mike "Rainbow Tie Obama" Lester would be homophobic.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Good thing that the cartoon doesn't (explicitly) equate the entire state of Israel with Nazis? I mean, you can find Latuff cartoons that do that, but in this case the most reasonable interpretation is that the comparison is specifically between attitudes towards hate groups.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Is "middle-aged woman" a gay stereotype?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Begemot posted:

I took at peek at Breitbart, and their headline is that Bannon submitted his resignation over a week ago.

:munch:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

It's the Dems fault the GOP can't get anything done despite total government control.

Get hosed Lester, your lovely party holds power.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Good thing that the cartoon doesn't (explicitly) equate the entire state of Israel with Nazis? I mean, you can find Latuff cartoons that do that, but in this case the most reasonable interpretation is that the comparison is specifically between attitudes towards hate groups.

Even if mainstream American politicians agreed that Israel = Nazis, it would still be dumb to expect them to pay an equal amount of attention to Israeli Nazis and American Nazis.

ModernMajorGeneral fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 18, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey, let's see how Breitbart is taking the news

https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/898595085247324161

GIMME THAT GARRISON

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

We get Some Gizmo signal!

e: whoops this was already posted, I'm gonna dig up some Clovis as penance

Still thinks Trump is a wise statesman. :/

And still mega homophobic. :\

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 18, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just like a crippling drug habit the Trump administration is the gift that keeps on giving.:stonklol:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

Hey, let's see how Breitbart is taking the news

https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/898595085247324161

GIMME THAT GARRISON
Nazi Mom and Nazi Dad are fighting! :ohdear:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

sheep-dodger posted:

Get hosed Lester, your lovely party holds power.

Yes, but they don't hold a super majority so it's the dems fault for not letting a 100% republican agenda pass

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

NRVNQSR posted:

Politibob:

I like the expressions in the third panel.

I don't get this at all. I feel like I could make facetious guesses as to what this means all day and accidentally one of them would be right and someone would just point to it and call me an idiot. Please just spell it out for me because "not it' is a really loving weird punchline.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

I don't get this at all. I feel like I could make facetious guesses as to what this means all day and accidentally one of them would be right and someone would just point to it and call me an idiot. Please just spell it out for me because "not it' is a really loving weird punchline.

Nazis are clamoring for violence and genocide. One of their own acts on their rhetoric and murders a woman. All the nazis are uncomfortable at this and protest their innocence.

I mean, it's a pretty basic joke?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I like how Lester had to cram a gay joke in there too.

"loving libs wanna take down our statues, BET THEY WEAR MAKEUP AND LOOK AND TALK LIKE QUEERS TOO loving LIBS"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lord Hydronium posted:

Nazi Mom and Nazi Dad are fighting! :ohdear:
Good.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

duz posted:

Yes, but they don't hold a super majority so it's the dems fault for not letting a 100% republican agenda pass

Perfidious these Democrats.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did Garrison ever make a cartoon supporting Bannon? The best I can remember him doing is drawing him the background and he didn't look like a walking corpse.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Internet Kraken posted:

Did Garrison ever make a cartoon supporting Bannon? The best I can remember him doing is drawing him the background and he didn't look like a walking corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Erenthal posted:

Nazis are clamoring for violence and genocide. One of their own acts on their rhetoric and murders a woman. All the nazis are uncomfortable at this and protest their innocence.

I mean, it's a pretty basic joke?

Okay so they're not deciding which of them has to die in a false flag antifa attack to regain the moral equivalence of violence on both sides then?

• Locked thread