Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

mdemone posted:

Phobos is now open for visitors!

Turnip prices aren't worth mentioning.

Flick is here!

As always, items on the boardwalk are free, and help yourself to any fruit or money trees.

MAIN THING IS I HAVE TOO MANY FOSSILS NEXT TO THE MUSEUM, please check to see if there are any you need (I have over 30 sitting there).

Blue line (main attractions): Nook's has an electric guitar and a gumball machine, *operational sundial*, Blathers' museum, Able's has a gothic headdress and a cowboy hat.

Green line (my house): beach & pool area, bamboo grove, enclosed Zen koi pond, outlet to southwestern fruit forest

Orange line (residential): working on orange flowers and money trees in each yard

Red line: restaurant row, Peach Lane campsite, and of course Redd's on the northern beach (he is NOT visiting today).

Other surprises include a hidden spaceship, dirt clearing with pentagram of cedars, and more!

Dodo Code: K8BYM

I'll be AFK but please visit and have fun!
Thanks, I finally have peaches and cherries for my island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

sure wish I could leave Phobos

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I managed to complete my fossil collection today and then I fished up a golden trout. The game rewarded me by spawning 5 wasps in my islands trees wtf, I've never had more than two before.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Stupid question but can you steal friends from other players on the same system? I have a very upset 6 year old here....

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t find a Switch for less than $500 right now so I’m going to emu the original AC

Rad but consider emulating new leaf with Citra instead

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

DorkBot3000 posted:

Sorry, everyone! Had another Communication Error! :(

If you were trying to get to the Ironwood Dresser diy; I've opened up again but using turnip exchange this time cause a LOT of people seem to want this and it sucks to get stuck for 20 minutes while people show up then you get kicked out. Hope this helps with that, haha... :/

Turnip exchange: CLOSED

Well, this seems to have dried up now. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and sorry for the trouble with the errors! Enjoy your new DIY!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

UH WOW

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bob Socko posted:

sure wish I could leave Phobos

Yeah I heard the chimes from the other room, we had a serious glut there for a minute 🤪

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

mdemone posted:

Yeah I heard the chimes from the other room, we had a serious glut there for a minute 🤪

I think it just closed. I was trying to head over and got disconnected while it was loading and now the dodo code doesn't work.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Communications error just booted everyone from Phobos.

Sorry!

Just got a new Dodo Code: closed

mdemone fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 12, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Question: I went through the basic motions and created a secondary account to play on my Switch so I could get extra mail order items each day but haven't gotten into it too much yet. Will all of my primary account's cataloged stuff be available to order by the secondary character?

Also holy poo poo that sci-fi horror video is goddamned amazing

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 12, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Another Bill posted:

Stupid question but can you steal friends from other players on the same system? I have a very upset 6 year old here....

Do what now? Steal friends? You all share the same island if you're using the same system.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Question: I went through the basic motions and created a secondary account to play on my Switch so I could get extra mail order items each day but haven't gotten into it too much yet. Will all of my primary account's cataloged stuff be available to order by the secondary character?

No, you'd have to touch all that stuff with your secondary character. The stuff you can unlock via pocket camp will also only become available when you tie that profile to a nintendo account and all that jazz.

New Leaf posted:

Do what now? Steal friends? You all share the same island if you're using the same system.

Maybe it was a turtle friend?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Graahhhh the communications error strikes again

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sorry everyone, my Internet has been so bad lately.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

DorkBot3000 posted:

Oh hey. All ya'll talking about the Ironwood Dresser; Snooty is crafting it RIGHT NOW! Who knows for how much longer but I'll open for a bit! Come on over while you can! Pink house, left side of the island near the grass outcrop.

Dodo: L1L7G

If you feel like watering my flower field on the top right corner of the island, that'd be great but it's absolutely optional. :)

e. added location description to help you find her faster
e2. updated code

Did anyone happen to get an extra DIY card from this that they're willing to sell?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Howdy. If you would like to visit Humboldt, Freya is currently making an Ironwood Low Table! Kicks is also in town if you want shoes.

We have a big block of homes, and Freya is in the left-middle house of our 2x3 block of villager houses. See the map below. She knows all the tricks, in her butt.

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1259987375230300161

Please be mindful of flowers and such. Tips definitely not required though I know Kevlar is itching for Imperial items.

Please don't leave with [ - ]!

EDIT: Temporarily locking cuz somebody either DC'd or left with minus

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 12, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

And More posted:

No, you'd have to touch all that stuff with your secondary character. The stuff you can unlock via pocket camp will also only become available when you tie that profile to a nintendo account and all that jazz.

Uggghhhhhhh ok thanks

Edit: will the secondary character be able to move things around, pick up placed items, etc at least? That would make things easier.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening the gates of Mau-Mau again because the island is having its first-ever meteor shower!

Dodo Code: 5D5RB

Nooks has the lava lamp in yellow and the diner sign in red/pink. Able Sisters have biker jackets, football shirts and helmets, sleeved apron, pleather pants, cheerleading uniform, racing outfit and jockey's helmet

Fang is making a wooden-plank sign. His house is on the eastern edge of the beach.

I cleared away trees and whatnot at the top of the island on the west side for meteor shower viewing.

No tips or anything. Just water the flowers if you feel like it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

SilentChaz posted:

Opening the gates of Mau-Mau again because the island is having its first-ever meteor shower!

Nooks has the lava lamp in yellow and the diner sign in red/pink. Able Sisters have biker jackets, football shirts and helmets, sleeved apron, pleather pants, cheerleading uniform, racing outfit and jockey's helmet

Fang is making a wooden-plank sign. His house is on the eastern edge of the beach.

I cleared away trees and whatnot at the top of the island on the west side for meteor shower viewing.

Woo! Bringing my gold watering can!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Uggghhhhhhh ok thanks

Edit: will the secondary character be able to move things around, pick up placed items, etc at least? That would make things easier.

Yes, even insects and fish.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

And More posted:

Yes, even insects and fish.

Hot drat, thanks

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Poque posted:

Howdy. If you would like to visit Humboldt, Freya is currently making an Ironwood Low Table! Kicks is also in town if you want shoes.

We have a big block of homes, and Freya is in the left-middle house of our 2x3 block of villager houses. See the map below. She knows all the tricks, in her butt.

Please be mindful of flowers and such. Tips definitely not required though I know Kevlar is itching for Imperial items.

https://turnip.exchange/island/017ffb95

Gaga ooo la la, what a lovely island you have! Thanks for opening up and letting us have a chance to visit!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

E-flat posted:

Gaga ooo la la, what a lovely island you have! Thanks for opening up and letting us have a chance to visit!

Sure thing and thanks! Sadly looks like somebody disconnected, so Freya has stopped crafting :\

EDIT: And now Nintendo poo poo itself entirely, so maybe it was me! Sorry y'all.

Poque fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 12, 2020

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Poque posted:

EDIT: Temporarily locking cuz somebody either DC'd or left with minus

Huh. Got the recipe, then it said someone was on the way and it DC'ed. :c I didn't even get to tell you Mispolm best Benevodon. Very sorry for whatever happened!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

textbookOrigins posted:

Huh. Got the recipe, then it said someone was on the way and it DC'ed. :c I didn't even get to tell you Mispolm best Benevodon. Very sorry for whatever happened!

I got a weird server error shortly after that, so I think Nintendo might be crapping out again. Mispooolm!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Poque posted:

Sure thing and thanks! Sadly looks like somebody disconnected, so Freya has stopped crafting :\

EDIT: And now Nintendo poo poo itself entirely, so maybe it was me! Sorry y'all.

She might still be crafting if you close the game and reopen it? Sometimes I’ve found that works out with D/Cs.

I was in the middle of drawing when your island crashed (got the recipe though), so tbh I want to head back to finish :negative:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Nondevor posted:

She might still be crafting if you close the game and reopen it? Sometimes I’ve found that works out with D/Cs.

I was in the middle of drawing when your island crashed (got the recipe though), so tbh I want to head back to finish :negative:

Ooh that worked, thanks so much! Back up for business!

Poque posted:

Edit: CLOSED

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 12, 2020

Prof.Snugglesworth
Feb 9, 2009

Ooo...you make me live now honey.

Poque posted:

I got a weird server error shortly after that, so I think Nintendo might be crapping out again. Mispooolm!

I'd been on your island for all of a minute and had just managed to run into Freya's house to get the recipe before I got d/c'ed. :negative:

Nice island btw! :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Feel free to come try again!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thanks SilentChaz! I watered some flowers, got some stars, bought the pink sign, and Celeste taught me how to make satellites! I left you a gift in front of your house :)

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

SilentChaz posted:

That was my first time seeing shooting stars, thanks! Did a kind of wild, scatter-shot job of watering and I left a couple bells behind the able sisters'.

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020
Come visit Dozin'! The DODO code is D4F12

Jolly Red is here, but I think only one art piece left is real.

Sprocket (Green Robot Ostrich) is in boxes if anybody wants to pick him up. Really hoping to send him to a good home, I love this bird and will miss him dearly.

Opal is making a coconut wall planter.

Turnip prices are trash (79 bells), but Nook's Cranny is selling the nice looking screen with bamboo on it for 140,000.

Looking for:
Street Piano, Rattan End Table, Rattan Low Table

Feel free to pop in and visit, even just to poke around. My island is coming along as far as my vague-rear end overall "design plan" is concerned, but I'm also actively looking for/open to ideas and suggestions, there's a lot of space I'm not really doing anything with. Another perspective is always helpful. Even small suggestions are welcome, so don't be shy.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sylvia is in boxes if anyone wants a singing mom on their island.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I have to move some houses a few inches, and I'm not looking forward to it taking twice as many days because the new placements can't overlap the old ones.

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020
Traffic has picked up, which is great! But naturally that also entails lots of boarding and leaving, so you know, patience and all that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Waffle! posted:

I have to move some houses a few inches, and I'm not looking forward to it taking twice as many days because the new placements can't overlap the old ones.

If you aren't picky about which house goes where it shouldn't take more than one extra day. Move the first house on the beach or wherever, move the next house on the newly-unobstructed good spot and so on.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Waffle! posted:

I'm holding off all my moves until they release a qol patch for it. It'll probably come in some pay for dlc, but I'll pay it, gladly if they add tool storage.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Ooh that worked, thanks so much! Back up for business!

Closing up for the evening. Thanks for the visits, drawings, and gifts, everybody!