Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Addendum to an earlier thing: the straw that finally broke the camel's back for me on Farm Simulator 17 is that going into any menu doesn't pause the loving game. No, you have to hit the literal pause button on your keyboard to pause the game. Combined with all the other nigging things, I pulled the trigger on a refund, with literally ten minutes to spare before the refund time limit.

Unrelated: I never played the first one, and I'm being charmed otherwise by it, but man Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is giving me flashbacks to some adventure games I played in the past. Why am I stuck? Oh, there's a door behind a piece of wallpaper that I would've never thought to vacuum away. What am I supposed to do here? Oh, do the thing I tried the last two times, but face slightly more to the left to activate a prompt. poo poo, there's an otherwise-simple puzzle early in the game (use your vacuum on a fan to push something down) that I totally understood the logic of, but I had to look online to find out that the fan that looks like it's on the same level as I am is actually slightly higher

Oh, and supposedly the first one let you manually save, but this one doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

oldpainless posted:

In Sherlock Holmes the devils daughter, you have to solve a gear puzzle. The game says to connect the gears across three levels of height. That's all. I can't tell the heights or why some things work and others don't. There is no help or explanation for this in game. I looked up a video after 20 minutes. Maybe it's really simple and I just missed something but the gear puzzle in Sherlock Holmes: the Devils Daughter made me mad.

the thing dragging down devil's daughter is watson became dapper as all hell and he's not in the game enough

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Either I'm missing some serious information, or the battle system in Divinity: Original Sin is obscenely bad.

There's zero indication if a route you send your character on is going to inflict a status for one. Second, this game will double check if you want to identify an item, or if you want to exit a conversation, but accidentally hit space bar and end your turn? Or accidentally target a teammate? Things that can actually gently caress up your game? Nope, it just happens. Load that quicksave. I just started so maybe I'm under leveled, but I'm still getting wrecked by poo poo that doesn't feel like my fault. It makes me miss the snappy and reliable combat in XCOM.

Between all that, the voice acting (that I turned off 10 minutes into the game), the dozen quests I have with no quest markers, and just what the hell is with this camera?, I'm regretting buying this game.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I didn't have those problems, bye!

The DOS combat isn't the most polished thing ever, but I don't remember having problems with lack of indicated information. You probably just need to get a feel for it. However, if you don't like the voice acting and the humor, which I thought were charming, you won't like the game anyway. As for missing quest markers - yes, that is a purposeful decision, since you are meant to explore, and quests are either really easy to solve once you come across the target, or you can figure your own solution for some of the more complex quests.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The quest marker thing you're either going to appreciate or not. I liked being challenged by the game to find things on my own instead of following an arrow but I totally get not liking it.

As for combat they expect you to run around town and do a couple quests before you go running into the fray and if you run in a bad direction from town you'll be trying to fight unwinnable fights vs higher level monsters than you can handle ,so watch out for that I guess.

Sounds like it isn't your cup of tea tho.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

thecluckmeme posted:

Just a heads up to people who lament Dark Soul's lack of a pause button: you can hit quit to title in the pause menu and it actually just suspends the game, only downside is you can't access your inventory. So if you just wanted to walk away for a moment without worrying about being invaded or killed by a wandering enemy, you can quit to title and it will save exactly where you are and won't respawn any enemies/move you to a checkpoint, you'll just pick up exactly where you left off. Way less intuitive than a normal pause menu, but still available for unexpected interruptions

Yeah but if you do it during a bossfight you'll have to restart the fight and also you'll be down any health/healing/items you already used.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

I didn't have those problems, bye!

The DOS combat isn't the most polished thing ever, but I don't remember having problems with lack of indicated information.

Nah, he's right. The game doesn't warn you at all if you're going to move your character over dangerous terrain, it's very easy to accidentally walk over something like Ice or Electrified Water and have your character lose a turn, especially when there's a ton of particle effects everywhere from steam/smoke/fire/whatever.

Crafting 9 inch nails into your shoes really helps, since then you won't slip over on ice. There's also a skill in the Rogue skills tree that lets you walk over terrain hazards, and is extremely useful for all your melee guys. Otherwise, it's just kind of adjusting to things, and trying to be more careful. Still, even after many, many hours of play, I would still occasionally do things like paralyze my own guys with lightning because I didn't realize they were stood in a puddle.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

The character artwork in Ertian Odysey 4 is so skeevy that even the guy who designed Etna in Disgaea would tell them to maybe tone it down a bit; It's like some weird version of World of Warcraft's sexual dimorphism where every male looks like an actual adult and every female looks like a sexualized child.

The dancer class is especially :pedo:

Not that I disagree about the skeeviness, but that link isn't all of the character art (and some of it's not from 4). There are plenty of male versions that also look like children, although not as many.

oh dope posted:

Either I'm missing some serious information, or the battle system in Divinity: Original Sin is obscenely bad.

There's zero indication if a route you send your character on is going to inflict a status for one. Second, this game will double check if you want to identify an item, or if you want to exit a conversation, but accidentally hit space bar and end your turn? Or accidentally target a teammate? Things that can actually gently caress up your game? Nope, it just happens. Load that quicksave. I just started so maybe I'm under leveled, but I'm still getting wrecked by poo poo that doesn't feel like my fault. It makes me miss the snappy and reliable combat in XCOM.

Between all that, the voice acting (that I turned off 10 minutes into the game), the dozen quests I have with no quest markers, and just what the hell is with this camera?, I'm regretting buying this game.

Just FYI you need to do a bunch of "run around and talk to people" quests in the first town or you'll be too underleveled to go to any of the combat areas. It sucks but there it is.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 10:45 on Jul 27, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gerblyn posted:

Nah, he's right. The game doesn't warn you at all if you're going to move your character over dangerous terrain, it's very easy to accidentally walk over something like Ice or Electrified Water and have your character lose a turn, especially when there's a ton of particle effects everywhere from steam/smoke/fire/whatever.

Crafting 9 inch nails into your shoes really helps, since then you won't slip over on ice. There's also a skill in the Rogue skills tree that lets you walk over terrain hazards, and is extremely useful for all your melee guys. Otherwise, it's just kind of adjusting to things, and trying to be more careful. Still, even after many, many hours of play, I would still occasionally do things like paralyze my own guys with lightning because I didn't realize they were stood in a puddle.

\oh right, now I remember I was frequently annoyed with ice because it's often hard to see if a surface is covered in it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

Just FYI you need to do a bunch of "run around and talk to people" quests in the first town or you'll be too underleveled to go to any of the combat areas. It sucks but there it is.

Srguably though if your attitude is that running around in the town sucks, you will hate the game because running around and talking to people is its meat and potatoes.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hyper Light Drifter feels like it was insular in its design, and probably would have won over more people if it wasn't obtuse to a fault and Jak II hard.

They never properly introduce the chain-dash mechanic, and even you do learn how to do it it just isn't very fun to execute. Everytime I feel I get the timing I just lose it.

The game has limited warping, and on occasion you unlock a shortcut within a level, but many times when you backtrack you have to fight the same gauntlet of enemies over and over. And you will backtrack because of the 200 odd collectibles that are very easy to miss. A prime example is having to fight those Frog Ninjas again and again in the Water Temple.

The map, as said by many players before, is useless. it just points to you on the overworld and doesn't give you any indication how the world is divided. There is no way to track which items you've collected so far. Castlevania and Metroid got this right 20 years: you only see as much of the map as you have explored, every area is broken down into clear zones with exits and entrances apparent, and every power-up you encounter is noted if you collected it or not.

I loving hate monster closets. You're locked into a room with a dozen dudes and you wipe them out without a sweat, and then three big boys teleport in from Dragon Age II and ruin your day. Sometimes they don't even teleport and just happen to show up when your back was turned.

You can collect outfits that give you buffs except they never tell you in-game what these outfits do when even Dark Souls would tell you. They're all locked behind doors that require keys and these keys are locked behind more doors, you probably only find them all when the game is over. The outfit that makes chain-dashing easier is locked behind the hardest chain-dashing challenge in the game (Behind the 8-module door in the Crystal Forest).

I don't recall anyone making GBS threads on Hollow Knight to the same degree, except for that Super Meatboy level.

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Jul 27, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

You can collect outfits that give you buffs except they never tell you in-game what these outfits do when even Dark Souls would tell you. They're all locked behind doors that require keys and these keys are locked behind more doors, you probably only find them all when the game is over. The outfit that makes chain-dashing easier is locked behind the hardest chain-dashing challenge in the game.
Not quite, that outfit doubles your stamina - which is used for chain-dashing, but that particular challenge has plates all over the room that recharge your stamina. There's another outfit elsewhere which makes the chain dashing far more forgiving.

I actually found the game too easy after all the difficulty hype, the only boss that took me more than three attempts was the first one to the North (he took four) :smug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hyper Light Drifters difficulty isnt hard per se its just really bad paced. Enemy difficulty is relatively smooth progression because each zone but south can be done in any order, but whatever zone you pick first will be much harder than the others because you lack weapons and upgrades. Then the next zone starts and your better equipped but the difficulty is back to where you started which you do two more times, except the third time is moderately correct difficulty to start. Bosses especially vary in difficulty with north being somewhat tricky and inventive with east being a complete joke.

The thing thay killed me the absolute most in the game is any terrain puzzle that required consistent drifting. Final boss? I dont remember whay it looks like. Platform room where each platform spews lava if you dont dash and if you miss one dash you have to restart? Etched in my brain forever. For a game called Hyper Light Drifter it doesnt want to make drifting ever feel good or rewarding.

Edit: The soccer minigame is the worst kind of minigame because playing it by the implied rules of soccer will get you trounced to the point where the method of abusing the enemies AI to take 10 shots in a row on the goal with him not doing anything feels like the actual intended solution.

Barudak has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Jul 27, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Surge has a similar issue with its difficulty. Basically, gear comes in tiers - Mark 1, Mark 2, etc, up to a maximum of five. Each new area jumps up a tier so there's this weird pacing of everything being dangerous and killing you in two hits, then you upgrade and wipe the floor with them, move to a new area and the cycle repeats, etc.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Guy Mann posted:

The character artwork in Ertian Odysey 4 is so skeevy that even the guy who designed Etna in Disgaea would tell them to maybe tone it down a bit; It's like some weird version of World of Warcraft's sexual dimorphism where every male looks like an actual adult and every female looks like a sexualized child.

The dancer class is especially :pedo:

This is why my party is composed of a bunch of dudes and maybe a couple women decked in armor (like the Defender)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Srguably though if your attitude is that running around in the town sucks, you will hate the game because running around and talking to people is its meat and potatoes.

When people compliment it it's usually something along the lines of "The writing is kinda cringey/eyerolly but the combat system is amazing" so I guess that's not really what I was expecting.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's definitely a walk around and talk to people simulator first and foremost.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm up to the final boss of Hyper Light Deifter and I've really enjoyed it so far but I also played it with a guide the whole time to grab everything because poo poo is ludicrously hidden everywhere. And yeah come to think of it, the map really sucks. It doesn't mark any locked doors you might've come across so you either need to memorize their locations or do each area several times over as you come back with more stuff. It also absolutely doesn't help that there are some hidden passages that are hard to stumble through even if you know they're there, hidden switches that are sometimes hinted at and sometimes completely invisible, and the occasional hidden room or path with yet another hidden room or path (or two) leading out from it. I really enjoyed the combat, especially the feeling you get when you clear out some massive ambush room that normally kills you in 5 seconds without getting hit at all. The aesthetic and storytelling style are also absolutely straight up my alley, but yeah finding poo poo is a complete chore.

Also the outfits you get, apart from the 800 chaindashes unlock, are pretty useless. It's also a massive pain to get. I actually used a beats-per-minute metronome to help me with that and it let me get 400-something pretty consistently, but not actually enough to clear it. Eventually I used an autohotkey script and even THAT would gently caress up somewhere in the 200s consistently. I realized the issue was just that my computer was pretty poo poo and would eventually have a split-second of lag somewhere and this would throw off my timing and gently caress up the whole thing. In the end I just ran a script I found online to hack the variable and make the game think I had already done 800 chaindashes. That's not entirely the game's fault but it's still a ridiculous and tedious challenge. Oh yeah and the only other challenge I haven't actually completed is the one which requires you to chaindash through a long cave filled with traps to unlock the outfit that makes chaindashing easier. It's by far the hardest chaindashing challenge in the game, so if you can beat it you will probably never need to use the outfit anyway. The cave itself is full of traps that activate when you pass over them and will hit you if you walk or stop chaindashing. You do have some invulnerability time after you get hit so you theoretically CAN heal, but the traps will often launch you into other traps before you can stand up and you can get killed by getting bounced around like this before you can do anything. It's just hideously unfair and pointless and I might not ever bother finishing that challenge because of how frustrating it is

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm on mission 4 of the Modern Times campaign for Tropico 4 and holy poo poo is this unfun. You're getting hit by earthquakes and volcano eruptions all the loving time, like every 6 months which is like 3 minutes when you're fastforwarding. Even with a second construction office I can't rebuild anything before getting smacked with another earthquake breaking down another 3 garages and 2 tenements and making another handful of my citizens become rebels cause they're pissed off that they are homeless.

E: And another annoying as gently caress thing is for every industry that gets destroyed means all the product waiting to move to the dock gets destroyed as well.

Leal has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Jul 28, 2017

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
There are points in Prey when you're put into a no-gravity situation. Often this is because you're outside the station, but there are numerous parts on the ship where this is the case too. The game's sound sort of cuts out as if you're in space - that is, things are much more muffled and near-silent, as if you're in an airless atmosphere. I guess this is probably due in part to the space helmet you wear, I suppose, but it's very weird when I think "Oh is this place a vaccuum? No? Why is it so quiet?"

I guess it also begs the question why your space helmet goes up if the only thing that changes about your environment is a lack of gravity.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I'm playing Grim Dawn and the biggest problem I have with it is the same as the problem I had with Titan Quest, which is the asinine skill tree.

You get 3 points to put into skills every level, and you can choose to either invest into buffing your skills or the generic Mastery at the bottom. Mastery increases all of your stats and lets you unlock further skills down the tree; skills aren't tied to character level at all.

The big problem is that in this image here, if I wanted to get to the next tier of skills, I need to invest 8 points in Mastery to get there... which is two full levels and two points beyond that. So that's two level-ups of gaining nothing fun at all, just bigger stats :geno: I don't want stats, I want cool poo poo to blow up zombies with!

Grim Dawn at least has much faster leveling than Titan Quest.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That was my main issue with Path of Exile. Dumping fourty levels into Intelligence just to access a couple of important skills felt less like a build and more like pointless busywork to get to the interesting stuff.

I've seen people complain Diablo 3 is too simple by comparison, but IMO it's just cutting out that fluff between explody skills.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Witcher 3 had the problem where only certain levels matters, like level 11 when you can finally try out the Witcher Gear. You were limited to 1 skill slot at the beginning which maxes at 12, and when you finally complete your build the game is piss-easy at that point. You also have spend points on dud skills to unlock the next tier.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

poptart_fairy posted:

That was my main issue with Path of Exile. Dumping fourty levels into Intelligence just to access a couple of important skills felt less like a build and more like pointless busywork to get to the interesting stuff.

I've seen people complain Diablo 3 is too simple by comparison, but IMO it's just cutting out that fluff between explody skills.

Honestly the Diablo 2/Torchlight 2 system is perfectly fine. Diablo 2 just had a lot of bad skills that were huge traps for noobs and Torchlight 2's mana cost scaling was completely hosed sideways. But they still resulted in good and unique characters and it's hard to believe that in the intervening 16 years after D2 no one has ever done it right and well.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I can't remember the specific terminology it uses, but I had a similar issue with Van Helsing the Final Cut.
I only ever put points into the very first and maybe the second skill in each tree because by the time you buff them up enough to get to the next tier, they are awesome and you don't need the next tier.

Victor Vran just ties skills to weapons and gives you gear and a card-based system to customize what all you can do. it's completely different and not for everyone (since you have to unlock the ability to use additional cards and higher level cards), but it does allow for a great deal of easy customization.

Edit: Van Helsing - Katarina's skill tree is much simpler to manage. Not sure why they gave Mr. V such a big tree unless they expect you to go further than NG++. That's the furthest I ever went and I still wasn't maxed out in anything.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Jul 28, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I'm playing Grim Dawn and the biggest problem I have with it is the same as the problem I had with Titan Quest, which is the asinine skill tree.

You get 3 points to put into skills every level, and you can choose to either invest into buffing your skills or the generic Mastery at the bottom. Mastery increases all of your stats and lets you unlock further skills down the tree; skills aren't tied to character level at all.

The big problem is that in this image here, if I wanted to get to the next tier of skills, I need to invest 8 points in Mastery to get there... which is two full levels and two points beyond that. So that's two level-ups of gaining nothing fun at all, just bigger stats :geno: I don't want stats, I want cool poo poo to blow up zombies with!

Grim Dawn at least has much faster leveling than Titan Quest.

My big problem with grim dawn is that if the "cool poo poo to blow up zombies with" that you're working toward isn't exactly the same as the cool poo poo you're already using to blow up zombies but more powerful, your build is basically wrong. The game revolves around choosing one thing you get to do, and then doing that one thing forever. Everything else goes into supporting that one thing or just making you more survivable. Builds that are competent on later playthroughs and don't work this way are the exception, not the rule.

A lot of complicated factors contribute to this but one of the worst is that you get 3 skill points a level, but the major damage skills can have as many as 16 ranks, and then as many as 3 modifiers for them which will require investing another 10+ points for each one. If you choose not to sink all your points into the same thing like this, you are simply weaker than the characters who do, and not by a small margin.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
My main problem with Hyper Light Drifter was that the secrets are hidden in such a way that you're inclined to just mash yourself up against all the walls in every area to try and find them. Is that wall with part of it offset by a single pixel a secret door, or is that just how the graphics look here? Only way to really be sure is to try it, so about half the game was actually playing it and the other half was going back through areas I'd already cleared out, pushing against all the walls and ledges to try and find secret walls or invisible walkways.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not every time in Hyper Light Drifter, but a good super majority of the time, a room with a secret has a single box outline decorative element somewhere in or on it. Once you learn to look for that its way easier to find most of the secrets.

Which makes the remaining ones extra frustrating.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Digirat posted:

My big problem with grim dawn is that if the "cool poo poo to blow up zombies with" that you're working toward isn't exactly the same as the cool poo poo you're already using to blow up zombies but more powerful, your build is basically wrong. The game revolves around choosing one thing you get to do, and then doing that one thing forever. Everything else goes into supporting that one thing or just making you more survivable. Builds that are competent on later playthroughs and don't work this way are the exception, not the rule.

Yeah I've noticed that too. GD seems to have fewer options than TQ. There's only a few skills for each class and half of them are always on, most of what you sink points into are passive that modify the skills. I only have like 1-3 points invested in each skill I want right now because I'm level 33 and have a long way to go with masteries still, but it seems like my character is mostly "finished" because I can't really pick up anything else without digging away from what I'm already working on.

Speaking of, it's nice that you can reassign skill points very cheaply but you can't reassign them if you put them into a mastery. So right now I'm kinda feeling like the points I put into Occultist to use pets aren't paying off, but I can't reassign those 25 points into Demolitionist or any skills. So now I'm really cagey about diving any deeper because while the high end skills look like they might be nice, if they don't synergize well or if I just don't like it then my dude is screwed.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What game has done a creative way of hinting where all the doo-dads are without just straight-up telling you? My best example is when A Link Between Worlds told you there were X amount of baby shellfish in an area, but you'd have to find the things by listening to their squeaks. A far cry from Ubisoft telling you "gently caress it, climb a tower and we'll tell you."

It helps to know beforehand in Drifter that the chain-dashing skill you can buy and the rifle dropped by the Northern boss are the only tools needed to get everything.

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Jul 28, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Digirat posted:

A lot of complicated factors contribute to this but one of the worst is that you get 3 skill points a level, but the major damage skills can have as many as 16 ranks, and then as many as 3 modifiers for them which will require investing another 10+ points for each one. If you choose not to sink all your points into the same thing like this, you are simply weaker than the characters who do, and not by a small margin.

That's pretty much how ARPGs have been for years. You pick the thing you want your character to do and then minmax it as much as possible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What game has done a creative way of hinting where all the doo-dads are without just straight-up telling you? My best example is when A Link Between Worlds told you there were X amount of baby shellfish in an area, but you'd have to find the things by listening to their squeaks. A far cry from Ubisoft telling you "gently caress it, climb a tower and we'll tell you."

Breath of the Wild :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

That's pretty much how ARPGs have been for years. You pick the thing you want your character to do and then minmax it as much as possible.

You can only be casting one spell at a time, having 4 attack spells is pointless and inefficient unless they cover vastly different disciplines, like single target maximum dps and aoe. Nothing new or novel there, D2 was exactly the same way.

Sometimes you might have like an AoE DoT ability that you keep up while you hammer your button but grim dawn works the same way.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well there are also cooldown and utility skills. Grim Dawn does not seem to have any mobility or escape skills, which is sort of a downer coming from Diablo 3, so pretty much all I have aside from my left click skill that isn't passive is the mortar and the stun jacks, which doesn't amount to much. :geno: At least in D3, you rolled with 6 skills and you used them all pretty much constantly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In mass effect 2, your first major mission is to go to a place called omega and it's very close to where you start the game so naturally people do it first. But nothing forces you to go there first and so I didn't, I went to the citadel and there was a news report talking about my exploits on omega EVEN THOUGH ID NEVER BEEN THERE. it's like wow what a rookie mistake

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I really hated how ME2 forced you to go to the hellholes that are Horizon and Collector Ship with little warning.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The lead designer of Hyper Light Drifter is a freelance artist by profession and this was his first real stab at making a game which explains why the game's visuals are fantastic but the actual gameplay has so many rough spots.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
is the parry counter in Nier frame-perfect? i've only triggered it once

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

The lead designer of Hyper Light Drifter is a freelance artist by profession and this was his first real stab at making a game which explains why the game's visuals are fantastic but the actual gameplay has so many rough spots.
also the dude isn't really in any position to fix things around what with the whole "perpetually at the point of dying" thing they got goin on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It was all downhill for me after ME1. The game play was admittedly crude, but the later games didn't have the first ones charm. For a game that was supposed to be all about choices, I found it completely ridiculous that you die off screen in between one and two and then immediately get railroaded into working for obvious bad guy.