Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

pdxjohan posted:

Pretty sure it was greenlit during Freds previous time as ceo.

Game projects take a lot of time from greenlit until release.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

she did greenlight victoria 4, to hit the steam and epic game stores q4 2028

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

pdxjohan posted:

Pretty sure it was greenlit during Freds previous time as ceo.

Game projects take a lot of time from greenlit until release.

friendship ended with ebba, now fredrik is my best friend

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Communist Zombie posted:

So in the latest HOI4 DD Podcat's working on a new secret game thats not HOI5.

Place your bets on what itll be, and if itll make to the reveal phase!

Fantasy gsg. They were hiring concept artists for it a while back, would make a lot of sense.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Jeoh posted:

friendship ended with ebba, now fredrik is my best friend

If i tell you that I was both the one that pushed through to get the project started, and then assigned Wiz to lead it?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

pdxjohan posted:

If i tell you that I was both the one that pushed through to get the project started, and then assigned Wiz to lead it?

johan for ceo

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Communist Zombie posted:

So in the latest HOI4 DD Podcat's working on a new secret game thats not HOI5.

Place your bets on what itll be, and if itll make to the reveal phase!

Vampire the Masquerade the Map Game

They should do something else with the IP if Masquerade 2 has been put on pause.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Paradox Musou

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Pretty sure at this point any digital game attempt for Vampire: The Masquerade is just cursed.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

pdxjohan posted:

Actually I was the one who greenlit Victoria 3

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Farecoal posted:

Actually I was the one who greenlit Victoria 3

thank you for your service

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's gonna be Anbennar Mundi

That or a Dynasty Warriors clone with historical world leaders.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Anbennar Mundi

:kstare:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's gonna be Anbennar Mundi

That or a Dynasty Warriors clone with historical world leaders.

The Lu Bu expy is just anthropomorphized EU3 france

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PhantomZero posted:

Vampire the Masquerade the Map Game

some weird combination of ck and vicky thats all about balancing both individual personalities and clans id be down

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

some weird combination of ck and vicky thats all about balancing both individual personalities and clans id be down

Wasn't that the initial pitch for Imperator?

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Vampire the Masquerade would fit nowhere else other than Crusader Kings. I'd be shocked if there wasn't already a mod for that. CK is practically made for a game about undead dickholes.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

TwoQuestions posted:

Vampire the Masquerade would fit nowhere else other than Crusader Kings. I'd be shocked if there wasn't already a mod for that. CK is practically made for a game about undead dickholes.
The mod is called Princes of Darkness. :drac:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Can this go in the op please

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Johan always uses his two-posts-a-year allowance wisely.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Paradox Grand Strategy: I assigned Wiz to lead it

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Never has a grander strategy been paradox'd.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I hope the secret game is about the Palace of Versailles. What type of game, I would leave to them. Maybe a very deep political intrigue game similar to CK, but on a very small scale. Maybe about building the Palace. Maybe a simulation in which you play the caretakers of the estate and it is a management game where you have to answer to the whims of the king and court. Maybe a digital board game similar to the Castle of Mad King Ludwig. I would play any of those. I might be the only one though.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Would you have to manage which corners of stairwells people poo poo in?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Minenfeld! posted:

Would you have to manage which corners of stairwells people poo poo in?

I would have to do some research, I am not as knowledgeable about the plumbing and making GBS threads situation, but it certainly seems like something you would need to address as the caretaker of such a large palace.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It was a tourist attraction even when it still served the monarchy. Dudes made their livelihoods standing at the gates renting swords to men so they could meet the dress code. Plus all the attendant failsons and their families hobknobbing. There were enough people that the chamber pot situation was dire.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It was a tourist attraction even when it still served the monarchy. Dudes made their livelihoods standing at the gates renting swords to men so they could meet the dress code. Plus all the attendant failsons and their families hobknobbing. There were enough people that the chamber pot situation was dire.

Sounds like this game could be the unlikely mash-up of CK3 and Rollercoaster Tycoon!

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Chamberpot Tycoon is the game this world deserves.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

a game about Versailles that has you managing overflowing piles of poo poo and also chamber pots

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I never understood clamoring for a fantasy grand strategy, to be honest. Seems to me like it would just change the names of the countries but the gameplay would be the same.
I'd be interested how you would change up a fantasy Paradox game so it's not just "you throw armies against your enemy armies but your units are called dragons".

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Anbennar does a good job of showing how changing up the map and playing to the game’s mechanics can freshen things up a lot. But it’s still tied at a base level to the EU4 mechanics and progression, and the game isn’t designed to model interesting and weird fantasy stuff (although the mod devs have done an amazing job of managing that).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rynoto posted:

Pretty sure at this point any digital game attempt for Vampire: The Masquerade is just cursed.

fwiw Vampire has several very good games out nowadays, people just seem to ignore them because they are either short visual novels or CYO Adventures with literally 100k+ words

also also the Vampire mod for CK3 is very good, you just have to wait a bit for updates to the latest patches

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The guys behind the Emperor's Text to Speech YouTube series have switched to WoD so they'll be doing vampire content in the future. That's pretty cool but I wonder if PDX will be okay with it.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

GrossMurpel posted:

I never understood clamoring for a fantasy grand strategy, to be honest. Seems to me like it would just change the names of the countries but the gameplay would be the same.
I'd be interested how you would change up a fantasy Paradox game so it's not just "you throw armies against your enemy armies but your units are called dragons".
Yeah, outside a major reimaging of what their games could do, I don't see the appeal. Given that it doesn't have to even pretend to be tied to the real world or realism, and can lean heavily on ideas of evil sorcerers with powers beyond understanding and poo poo, they do have an opening for just going wild though. Actual devastating plagues? Sure. A titanic battle between two great sorcerers turning a province into a barren wasteland? Absolutely. Expanding your mining operations and unleashing an ancient evil? Of course.

Another area to play with would be the fog of war, since there's a lot of potential for information to be very asymmetric. Make the baseline actually be that information travels on the ground, at the speed of a horse or a pigeon, and able to be intercepted. And when it does arrive, it might not paint the complete picture - more "An army of orcs is rampaging in our eastern provinces", less "21K orcs have occupied the provinces of X, Y and Z." This would make magical ways to transmit information more important, but that would in turn increase the power of whoever controls those means of communication, creating a dilemma for a player unable to turn their leader into a sorcerer-king. Potentially, such a system, if combined with more dynamic events like rogue necromancers, greedy digging, and so on, result in a feeling somewhat akin to Stellaris's early game.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Demiurge4 posted:

The guys behind the Emperor's Text to Speech YouTube series have switched to WoD so they'll be doing vampire content in the future. That's pretty cool but I wonder if PDX will be okay with it.

I'm pretty sure we have an explicit 'Yes please' stance on fan content.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Didn't they quit 40k cuz GW cease and desisted them?

P dumb imo. Do they hate free marketing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Again, people wondering about the appeal of a fantasy game, play Anbennar, play Dominions, play Birthright, play Master of Magic. There absolutely is plenty there that could be a great deal of fun in the Paradox format. Heck, just imagine Anbennar that isn’t shackled by EU4’s mechanics.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Didn't they quit 40k cuz GW cease and desisted them?

P dumb imo. Do they hate free marketing?

No, they were just scared of it.