Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drunk in Space posted:

Beth really love their skellies don't they?

I liked this one. Also the bank robbery in Lexington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ToxicAcne posted:

Holy poo poo, why i the voice acting so bad? What was the point of having a voiced protagonist if he sounds like hes phoning it in half the time?

The lady voice actor is a little better but not by much.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I am? What is your problem with it beyond "they reused a thing they did already" and "I don't like Liberty Prime."

Bethesda learned nothing and did not change anything substantial. It still plays out in the exact same manner.

Liberty Prime stomps his way towards an enemy stronghold spouting ultra-patriotic barks while the player walks behind them. The enemy is utterly helpless before this giant robot, and the player is left to slowly follow in its wake.

The setpiece was boring in Fallout 3, and time has not sweetened it for Fallout 4.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToxicAcne posted:

Holy poo poo, why i the voice acting so bad? What was the point of having a voiced protagonist if he sounds like hes phoning it in half the time?

Immersion in the worldclass story of love and loss.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Am I just unlucky, or is there a suspiciously high amount of raiders equipped with power armor and Fat Men?

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009

Dirk Funk posted:

Apologies if this question has been answered already (I'm over 2,000 posts behind in this thread).

I'm having an issue on PC with using a controller and navigating any menus within the Pip Boy, pause menu, or main menu.

The issue is that when scrolling up or down in these menus I end up almost always skipping down or up two items and skipping over any items in between. This prevents me from selecting specific weapons or items since they keep getting skipped over. This happens regardless if I use the dpad or the analog stick to scroll through the list.

Is there any solution to this other than use a mouse and keyboard instead?

Nevermind it looks like it's a bug. By alt tabbing out and going back the problem went away. I'm sure it will come back again as this isn't the first time I've seen it.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
What exactly are the map boundaries for? Just found myself outside of the map boundary and nothing happened, and now I want to go further

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Decals look pretty good and I'm happy with the 'ultra' quantity setting.

Emerged from a firefight with Super Mutants and found the corner I was hiding behind absolutely riddled with bullets. Now I just need the mod to make spent brass stick around so I can properly gawk at battlefields after a fight.

Also everything I've seen so far to do with the U.S.S. Constitution is extremely my poo poo.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I love how there are ton of inhabited places with skeletons lying around in them, like literally feet away from where people are sleeping/working. The Drumlin Diner springs to mind. (Ok it's just one skeleton but c'mon it's right there slouched on a chair in the diner. No wonder your son's a chem addict, woman.)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Am I going crazy or are enemies transporting next to me when I use VATs?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

Bethesda learned nothing and did not change anything substantial. It still plays out in the exact same manner.

Liberty Prime stomps his way towards an enemy stronghold spouting ultra-patriotic barks while the player walks behind them. The enemy is utterly helpless before this giant robot, and the player is left to slowly follow in its wake.

The setpiece was boring in Fallout 3, and time has not sweetened it for Fallout 4.

Right. It's a thing that you and I disliked but which other people liked. v:shobon:v I don't think that qualifies as a mistake, it just means they're targeting someone who isn't us.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

how is thing in bethesda game bad me not understand

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Right. It's a thing that you and I disliked but which other people liked. v:shobon:v I don't think that qualifies as a mistake, it just means they're targeting someone who isn't us.

You have to admit it is incredibly unimaginative to include a giant robot and then do nothing new with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

You have to admit it is incredibly unimaginative to include a giant robot and then do nothing new with it.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I'm not disagreeing there at all.

Fergus posted:

What exactly are the map boundaries for? Just found myself outside of the map boundary and nothing happened, and now I want to go further

There is actually a story quest that requires you to go outside those bounderies and there are some actual markers and stuff out there.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OwlFancier posted:

I've had about six or seven legendaries so far, about three radroaches which tend to drop crappier stuff, so I think it's scaled based on what enemy you're fighting.

I don't think so. I got in a fight with two Legendary Super Mutant Butchers with automatic laser rifles and they both dropped pieces of metal and leather armor after I finally killed them after 4 or 5 attempts. :suicide:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I don't think so. I got in a fight with two Legendary Super Mutant Butchers with automatic laser rifles and they both dropped pieces of metal and leather armor after I finally killed them after 4 or 5 attempts. :suicide:
yeah, legendary loot tables are completely random, i got an endless automatic pipe smg from a feral ghoul :getin:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Ambaire posted:

You have got to be loving kidding me; the game map model still has some placeholders. Not even 3 hours in, on a sidequest right after the first help bandit one...

This game was not worth 60 dollars.

thats a bug on your machine. looks like LoD messing up. the quarry looks fine for me.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Dogmeat is equipped and ready to party. :smugdog:

Dog Armor
Skull bandanna
Spike Muzzle
Doggles.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
so is survival just very hard but every enemy is a bullet sponge or does it make any other changes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Verviticus posted:

so is survival just very hard but every enemy is a bullet sponge or does it make any other changes
every enemy is a bullet sponge, random encounters get very slightly more legendary monsters

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is there a hunger/dehydration mod yet? Expect this post everyday until there is

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely. I'm not disagreeing there at all.

There is actually a story quest that requires you to go outside those bounderies and there are some actual markers and stuff out there.

Yeah I just had my mind blown as I discovered a couple really awesome markers outside of the map.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm really bothered that when you get paid in caps for that first minute men quest that there isn't an option to go, "Why did you just place a big bag of bottle caps in my hand?"

In general, I think that's what's really thrown me off the game. As much as they prescribe narrative to your character, you can't even really express that narrative too much. Like I get the reasons why they didn't do this... but it's just weird that the second John Fallout meets people he isn't just like "WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING?! HAVE YOU SEEN SHAUN?"

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

every enemy is a bullet sponge, random encounters get very slightly more legendary monsters

Do the easier difficulties at least decrease enemy health?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ethanol posted:

what the gently caress who left all this power armor lying around everywhere and what does the game expect me to do if it's just going to give me all the guns in the first five minutes

how do i feed this skinny rear end dog

dogge only eat live prey, esp. fond of human throats, good for bark.

Merry Magpie posted:

I'm sure they do because people are one shotting raiders on youtube.

Verviticus posted:

Much slower healing rate.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Merry Magpie posted:

stuff dies in 3-4 hits on normal at least

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Meowbot posted:

please good god where do I find oil and circruitry I want to have turrets to mow people down and I cant make poo poo

For circuitry, try the Robot scrap yard North-East from Sanctuary. Military Circuit Boards break down into an obscene amount of circuits
For oil, try the gas station. Near the cave of Red Rocket's there are a whole bunch of red gas cans.

edit: gently caress bb code

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drunk in Space posted:

I love how there are ton of inhabited places with skeletons lying around in them, like literally feet away from where people are sleeping/working. The Drumlin Diner springs to mind. (Ok it's just one skeleton but c'mon it's right there slouched on a chair in the diner. No wonder your son's a chem addict, woman.)

Don't tell me if you had an endless supply of skeletons you wouldn't pose them on the furniture for fun.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

OwlFancier posted:

Don't tell me if you had an endless supply of skeletons you wouldn't pose them on the furniture for fun.

You can also impale them on spikes that you can build in the Misc section, true story. GOTY

Verviticus posted:

I am playing on Survival and am currently am 1-shotting raders with the laser musket so....

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 11, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How did my wiaifu's fridge notes survive a nuclear war and 200 years of degradation?? Passive aggressive bitch

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really like the gun crafting mechanic. I love that I was able to sit there and turn my pipe pistol into a full auto scoped bayoneted assault rifle just by adding parts to it. That's cool. I was worried it was just going to be the pipe weapons that were that customizable but you can do similar things to a double barrel shotgun and hunting rifle as well. It's probably the highlight of the game for me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's probably been expressed already, but the new dialogue wheel system is absolute rear end.
Why couldn't they just stick with the old one that allowed for more than 4 alternatives

Edit: On another note, I just hacked my way through an entire vault of gangsters using a longsword, which was pretty fun.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 11, 2015

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
is there something special I need to do in order to get items/plants movable again? I made a small farm of melons and gourds and I don't need them anymore over corn/tato/mugfruit and half the poo poo I can't touch anymore. Like it wont turn blue and some of them are recognized at objects to assign workers to

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Dress fits better than the Tux. poo poo game, poo poo dev, demanding refund, etc...

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think MisterBibs is a contract killer whose brief includes multiple goons and the instruction to make it look like an accident, so he settled on rage-induced heart attacks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I really like the gun crafting mechanic. I love that I was able to sit there and turn my pipe pistol into a full auto scoped bayoneted assault rifle just by adding parts to it. That's cool. I was worried it was just going to be the pipe weapons that were that customizable but you can do similar things to a double barrel shotgun and hunting rifle as well. It's probably the highlight of the game for me.

Double barrel needs a clip loader and a "fire both barrels all the time" modification though.

Also it should simply be an extension of the single barrel shotgun weapon and let you keep adding barrels up to about five.

I want a shotgun version of the laser musket, which by the way is fairly terrifying if the UI glitches out and lets you stick a six charge capacitor on it when you were going for a four charge one even though you don't have any of the perks for the six charge one yet :v: A six charge shot makes a thunderclap when it fires.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 11, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Verviticus posted:

I'll tell you what it doesn't change: War

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

OwlFancier posted:

I'd imagine post apocalyptic gallows humor is the best

I have to imagine it because Bethesda isn't any good at writing it

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

projecthalaxy posted:

This and naming poo poo is the best. I always know what weapons to keep and which ones to scrap because I name everything that I use frequently. It's really satisfying to turn the first lovely hunting rifle you find on a raider into a precision sniper rifle of death through gradual modification. The customization is generally pretty drat satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Merry Magpie posted:

To be fair that's just one of three ways it can play out, I think you can also hack Liberty Prime to destroy the Brotherhood or blow it up outright if you side with the institute.

• Locked thread