Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, contracts usually prevent people from leaving even if it's a better role. Remember how Emily Blunt was cast as Black Widow in Iron Man II and had to leave because she was contractually obligated to do that Jack Black Gulliver's Travels movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Samuringa posted:

I'll admit I'm not knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, but quitting a role on an MCU blockbuster, even a minor one, for a Netflix series? Is that really worth it?

There's also likely no hurt feelings from Marvel. A lot of times actors might have pending commitments and they're signed on with the knowledge that they might have to leave.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The story didn't get much traction and was mostly rumors but Fox tried to exercise Chris Evans Fantastic Four #3 option to keep him from being Captain America.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Having seen BP for a 4th time, the one part of the film that never fails to get a reaction is when Killmonger shows up in the throne room to challenge T'Challa. He said he didn't need weeks, he didn't need the whole country, he just needed his fade now. Whipped T'Challa's rear end too.

I just love that movie so much, I can't help but to keep watching it. Every time I do, I find something new to love about it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Beachcomber posted:

Bring floss if you're having popcorn. Long time to have a kernel stuck.

If I'm in a three hour movie and I have floss and popcorn I'll use the time productively to make some Christmas decorations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do Star Wars movies count as comic book films? I finally watch TLJ. That sure was a movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not worried about the director, but what WB/DC would demand from the movie. I can see them limiting what she can do, like "we can't have Darksied yet, we are saving him for a later movie, so you can have....Baron Wunderbar and Kalibak as villains. Orion? We can't use him yet, we have plans down the road, but you can have Lightray and Big Bear. Hell, why not all the Tomorrow People!"

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a lot of trust in DC, as Wonder Woman still seems like an aberration.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's literally the kind of stuff she passed on Black Panther over so I'm pretty sure if she signed on here they've already had those discussions.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So there's a teaser trailer for an Infinity War trailer that will come out tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTt0wWoB3JY

Which, frankly, is not big new, everyone in this subforum will watch that regardless of what they pull, but we also got a little snippet from the Russos that the following movie that will be the most connected to Avengers 3 will be _____________________________________________________Ant-Man & The Wasp_________________________________

Should I even have spoiled that? It's such a silly little thing. Anyway, there's that, everyone get hype for tomorrow!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Koalas March posted:

It is. She plays the main character, Nola Darling.

Also I mean, it's Spike Lee series that's probably paying her more and violating your contract is a big deal. Especially if you're a black woman, and one with no star power at that.

She's had a decent amount of award talk surrounding her role in She's Gotta Have It and sometimes you just want that statue. She's never gonna get that much notice playing second fiddle, even if it's in a Marvel movie. Even a nomination helps get her to name her next role where ever she wants.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

That's literally the kind of stuff she passed on Black Panther over so I'm pretty sure if she signed on here they've already had those discussions.

I hope so, or they don't have some clause in the contract saying that they can change whatever they want. Like i have zero faith in WB/DC to do anything less than, at best, the most bland choices.

Samuringa posted:

So there's a teaser trailer for an Infinity War trailer that will come out tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTt0wWoB3JY

Which, frankly, is not big new, everyone in this subforum will watch that regardless of what they pull, but we also got a little snippet from the Russos that the following movie that will be the most connected to Avengers 3 will be _____________________________________________________Ant-Man & The Wasp_________________________________

Should I even have spoiled that? It's such a silly little thing. Anyway, there's that, everyone get hype for tomorrow!

That's kinda cool, because everything we've seen so far hasn't even given a hint of that. I'm hoping the trailer tomorrow will actually be new stuff, and not just the same stuff we've seen already in the teasers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8
Infinity War trailer
Daaang, I got chills.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I know it's meant to be a heroic moment but we know Cap's not getting out alive of that solo encounter with Thanos, right? So they're definitely eliminating the big stars in this one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Christ Star-Lord loving sucks.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want to see Cap go toe to toe with Thanos. man, that looked like it would be the climax of the movie. So I can totally see this ending with Cap dying, and then some Time Stone fuckery to send it back to Avengers 1? didn't Evans also film for Avengers 4?

I was kind of tempering my interest just to keep myself from getting too hype but holy poo poo that was an incredible trailer

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Christ Star-Lord loving sucks.

It's not that I'm not enjoying it, but MCU's Starlord is just Chris Pratt being Chris Pratt. He could've been just winging it for 3 movies and no one would notice.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
That one shot of Cap and BP in the Wakandan vehicle has some really dodgy compositing, but it's not like that's a stranger to this franchise at this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God dang that’s a good trailer. Looks like some of the matchups will be following the Infinity storyline! Ebony Maw vs Strange

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Infinity War trailer
Daaang, I got chills.

Yaaas, bitches!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is all the different characters interacting - Tony with the Guardians and Peter with Dr. Strange. :allears:

I'm pretty much just going to be wishing away the next 6 weeks or so. Anyone got a Wakandan stasis pod handy?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's not a huge surprise but when Thanos is fighting Cap he's already got at least the Space Stone (from Loki) and the Power Stone (from the Nova Corp).

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God dang that’s a good trailer. Looks like some of the matchups will be following the Infinity storyline! Ebony Maw vs Strange

I was going to ask who that was. If you freeze it when Thanos talks about half of humanity dying you can get a pretty good shot of the Black Order

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jagermonster posted:

I was going to ask who that was. If you freeze it when Thanos talks about half of humanity dying you can get a pretty good shot of the Black Order

Yeah, and they're standing among a ton of dead bodies. That's... unnerving. Guess Thor and Valkyrie will have to repopulate the entire Asgardian race.

Also it looks like in Wakanda, they're analyzing Vision and the Mind Stone.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 16, 2018

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I really want Infinity War to play out and Thanos wins and half of humanity and all the superheroes are gone and only then do we realize we haven’t seen Ant-Man and it turns out he was tiny the whole time and is consequently the only one left to fix everything. Ant-Man and Wasp will be a flashback/prequel that ends with showing how/why Scott was shrunk the whole time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Carlosologist posted:

I want to see Cap go toe to toe with Thanos. man, that looked like it would be the climax of the movie. So I can totally see this ending with Cap dying, and then some Time Stone fuckery to send it back to Avengers 1? didn't Evans also film for Avengers 4?

I was kind of tempering my interest just to keep myself from getting too hype but holy poo poo that was an incredible trailer

If leaks are to be believed, Tony's dying, not Cap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hmm, there is a prequel sequence there with a younger Gamora it looks like

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

howe_sam posted:

Infinity War trailer
Daaang, I got chills.

Asgdja go dh d!!!😍😍😍😍😍😲😲😲😲😤😤😤😤

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Looks like he only has two of the stones at that point. So not sure it would be at the climax of the movie. Unless he gets all 6 at the end and that leads to avengers 4?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Cythereal posted:

If leaks are to be believed, Tony's dying, not Cap.

Seems like both are biting it, really.

And it'd be a neat direction to go since they're both the Avengers' flagships, in and out of the movies.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm all for both Tony and Cap dying, I mean someone has to and it would end their arcs neatly

Also if Bucky gets the shield I would riot

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I wish there were two shields so Bucky and Sam could do their version of that TLJ scene

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I’m kinda over the whole superhero movie thing I think so the comic book film news of the day that’s got me hyped is finally some glimmer of traction on Queen & Country. :woop:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah it took about 10 years longer than movie critics assumed but I think everyone's getting a little fatigued by superheroes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it took about 10 years longer than movie critics assumed but I think everyone's getting a little fatigued by superheroes.

Really? Black Panther’s still making all the money, no?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only been a month since the latest one became the 5th biggest opening of all time and is currently the 7th highest grossing movie ever.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
And people in this thread are still hyped for Infinity War though I guess maybe that's the end I don't know I still....

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't say they stopped making money, I just think people are slightly less excited about it all in general.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wasn't gonna watch that new trailer because I was worried about being shown too much poo poo but holy poo poo that trailer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

I wasn't gonna watch that new trailer because I was worried about being shown too much poo poo but holy poo poo that trailer.
I feel like there is a lot we have not even seen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Around 2 hours and 32 minutes, to be more specific.

• Locked thread