Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The only silver lining is hopefully after No Deal we will get a second, successful independence referendum. Then we will never again be led into the abyss of moronic decisions by the English. Any future moronic decisions will be the will of the Scottish people.

But that will be after no deal so a lot of people will suffer and die first so I can’t even really be pleased about that.

I used to keep my German friend updated about Brexit but now I’m too embarrassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Randler posted:

I seem to have been unable to decide on whether to call it Clean Break Brexit or No Deal Brexit. Guess the Brexit brainworms are starting to affect me as well. :negative:

Clean sounds too...clean.

Nuclear Brexit, maybe

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

In future generations European children will tell spooky stories about the cursed island off their coast. Ships bound for Ireland will hear strange noises when they stray too close. Sometimes a pink face will appear momentarily in the broken window of a ruined house.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

etalian posted:

Ok so there is basically a hard deadline on the EU side in which the UK couldn't weasel out or demand some sort of extension to being kicked out?

The deadline is on the UK side, its up to them to agree on the terms already stipulated and they can unilaterally cancel article 50. But the tories being the government right now and their party being pretty divided on the issue will just cause a complete fracturing of their party and a generation of full communism by Corbyn and they'd rather the country descend into madness than let that happen.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Laffo, for some reason I thought they would have actual Brits on staff. Of course it's just the US toilet paper staff creating a ton of accounts, because finding actual local youth Tories to run the sites would betray the TP ideal of always doing the dumbest possible thing.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is one of those things where they've shrunken the face but kept the head the same size, right? It's usually more exaggerated, but the subtlety of it here is pretty funny.

That's Charlie Kirk's actual face; the others have just been edited to scale.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

etalian posted:

Ok so there is basically a hard deadline on the EU side in which the UK couldn't weasel out or demand some sort of extension to being kicked out?

The UK government may request an extension because the UK is incredibly unprepared for a no deal exit. Previously the EU has only said that they would allow an extension for special circumstances such as a change in government and if all EU members agree to an extension. Maybe they'll take pity on the UK and allow an extension or something (or maybe just to avoid the chaos of a no deal brexit which would also affect the rest of the EU which could lead to the joy of the UK being in a perpetual state of leaving the EU)
The EU has also said that the UK can revoke article 50 at any point which would immediately cancel brexit.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

frajaq posted:

BREXIT will be the true Battle Royale

pathetically clutching a frying pan and a supply of energy drink i hide in the corner or a toilet before i am shot in the forehead from a mile away by a man gleefully screaming racial slurs. 29th of march 2019.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

if it makes you feel better it'll at least destroy the tories electorally

lol at the idea of britain being able to hold an election in 2022

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

marktheando posted:

In future generations European children will tell spooky stories about the cursed island off their coast. Ships bound for Ireland will hear strange noises when they stray too close. Sometimes a pink face will appear momentarily in the broken window of a ruined house.

Excited for the Sunless Seas world to come true

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ireland probably does need a hard border because i doubt the republic is going to want to deal with the british exodus that will happen

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Clean Deal Brexit seems to be what businesses and other countries seem to prepare for as the most likely case now, while at the end of last year they still, probably unreasonably, assumed a withdrawal agreement and transition phase could be reached prior to 29 March 2019. And at least anecdotally the briefings at my employer (big4 tax services) now base everything around Clean Deal Brexit.
]

What does your employer know that people on predictit don't? Spill the beans, Randler! I've invested my entire retirement fund into this. I need a cancellation of brexit

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Opferwurst posted:

What does your employer know that people on predictit don't? Spill the beans, Randler! I've invested my entire retirement fund into this. I need a cancellation of brexit
That Anglos are mental and you should always assume they'll go for the most chaotic option.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That Anglos are mental and you should always assume they'll go for the most chaotic option.

like imagine that boomers in the US have had fox news for the last 40 years but also all of the competition are also fox news instead of however long it has been and you understand why people here are so sure it'll be fine

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Randler posted:

I seem to have been unable to decide on whether to call it Clean Break Brexit or No Deal Brexit. Guess the Brexit brainworms are starting to affect me as well. :negative:

ah gently caress, if theyr rebranding no deal brexit to sound good we're totally hosed

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The most mental thing would be an eternal Brexit of the wrinkleless mind aka keeping this poo poo going and going for another decade

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hahaha lmao

https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1091833622879973376

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1091091942392385543?s=19

No measures being taken to protect it from goths

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1090950738178654208

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

frajaq posted:

BREXIT will be the true Battle Royale

Lord of the Flies was Brexit all along

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when asked if security would be lowered as a result of no deal brexit today the home secretary was unable to say no and just said we'll still be safe

https://twitter.com/OFOCBrexit/status/1092056581406162945

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Opferwurst posted:

The most mental thing would be an eternal Brexit of the wrinkleless mind aka keeping this poo poo going and going for another decade
Sure, but the UK can't do that unilaterally.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Luckily it's not in the North or it would need a 1000 ft pedestal to protect from vandals.

chestnut santabag posted:

The UK government may request an extension because the UK is incredibly unprepared for a no deal exit. Previously the EU has only said that they would allow an extension for special circumstances such as a change in government and if all EU members agree to an extension. Maybe they'll take pity on the UK and allow an extension or something (or maybe just to avoid the chaos of a no deal brexit which would also affect the rest of the EU which could lead to the joy of the UK being in a perpetual state of leaving the EU)
The EU has also said that the UK can revoke article 50 at any point which would immediately cancel brexit.

I imagine a kick the can scenario would be more likely especially given all the leaks show a hard Brexit would have a big impact on basic things like food and medicine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

sure we can. we no deal and it takes that long to find any deal anywhere. its not like anyone is going to trust our negotiations if we no deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/1092111959254802433

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Is May still careening the countey off the cliffs of dover while going THE EU CAN STOP THIS IF THEY JUST BEND THE KNEE!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she's not even saying that. the only things she cares about are staying prime minister and making sure the tories don't split

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jose posted:

she's not even saying that. the only things she cares about are staying prime minister and making sure the tories don't split

Sorry, it just gave a funnier visual for me that way.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So in our fake Turning Point UK accounts we've had repeated requests now from Tory students asking for meetings.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Crowsbeak posted:

So in our fake Turning Point UK accounts we've had repeated requests now from Tory students asking for meetings.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

New way to create the Chad Jezza's gulag list?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Je Me Souviens

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

ye of so little faith.

step 1: revoke a50
Step 2: announce you will hold a new referendum/elections
Step 3: results come back inconclusive
Step 4: bicker about brexit for 4 years
Step 5: go to step 2

Not even the Brits know what the gently caress they are doing, how is a court supposed to determine that? Under normal circumstances, it's literally impossible to deprive a nation of EU membership against its will. It's gonna be at the very least very difficult in this case

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

New way to create the Chad Jezza's gulag list?

I believe you mean, Orkney Re-institution Program.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Yes, we already know about Elm Guest House

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Opferwurst posted:

ye of so little faith.

step 1: revoke a50
Step 2: announce you will hold a new referendum/elections
Step 3: results come back inconclusive
Step 4: bicker about brexit for 4 years
Step 5: go to step 2

Not even the Brits know what the gently caress they are doing, how is a court supposed to determine that? Under normal circumstances, it's literally impossible to deprive a nation of EU membership against its will. It's gonna be at the very least very difficult in this case
The EU has been very clear: Revocation means revocation. If the UK starts Brexiting again, the EU will consider the revocation invalid, which will immediately eject the UK from the EU at any point after the current deadline.

Jose posted:

sure we can. we no deal and it takes that long to find any deal anywhere. its not like anyone is going to trust our negotiations if we no deal
Fair enough, if you include the post-Brexit period as part of Brexit.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Vitamin P posted:

And the democrats. Though there are alarmingly few of us apparently.

We've established you firmly fit into category 2.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hentai Jihadist posted:

ah gently caress, if theyr rebranding no deal brexit to sound good we're totally hosed

Nah, I think they stopped using that term already. My guess is that they prefer the ambiguity of "No deal" (i.e. some people thinking that it means nothing changes) to the more understandable and less spinnable "Clean Break Brexit".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I prefer "Raw Brexit"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Was reading this earlier today, does this generally ring true to youse UK goons?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2019/01/why-uk-cannot-see-brexit-utterly-utterly-stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yes. i meant to link it and forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I prefer "Raw Brexit"

I prefer "The Event".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28o6fJda1c