Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

My survey was just front loaded with complaining about how much I hate getting servants from septem in my summons without end.

Also medb is nasty and evil and wayyyy too sexual/sadistic and killing her in america was one of the most satisfying victories in the game.
i too, want to kill women for being too sexual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real tho medb's thirst and the fact that shes kind of a bitch is what i find relatable about her, even if she's too straight for me to relate to her fully, but well, every good character has flaws

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

On one hand, I think that Cu being a 3* is bullshit.
On the other, it means that every player gets the greatness that is Cu.

Question time, I'm drowning in lance experience as I have no gold lancers beyond Cu (he's gold in our hearths, where it counts).
Maxed Cu and Leonidas, any other useful silver/bronze lancers or can I force feed those lances to other people?
Any interesting golds if I get spooked?

I could grail Cu I guess but that's an important step; gotta decide between him, Medusa or Medea. I'll probably wait until the end of the year to decide on this.

Bonus rant: 24 loving chains for Nito 3rd ascension are you loving kidding me? :rant:
Oh and of course she wants hearts, who doesn't? :rant:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It's also worth remembering most of the antagonist servants in the singularities are being influenced or manipulated by Grand Caster. So non-singularity Medb might not be quite as nasty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Proto Cu is basically 'Cu but slightly worse.'

If you really want an AOE Lancer I'd recommend Romulus over Hektor just due to the damage boost to all allies on Roma's NP, though neither of them are going to accomplish much besides 'lancer AOE NP,' and we'll be getting Santa Jeanne this christmas to fill that role.

In terms of stuff not added yet:

Extra Vlad's probably the best of the non-storylocked/limited 4* Lancers, when he gets added. Kinda basic skillset but decent NP gain and Stargen, and a 1-turn Taunt for some mild utility. Really strong NP, too, since it just deals extra damage to [Evil], which isnt exactly an uncommon thing for bosses. Combine that with his Protection of the Faith just being a smorgasboard of good effects on a really short cooldown and he's pretty solid, if unexciting.

Jaguarman is amazing, one of the best crit servants in the game even without her Forest conditional activating and absolutely bonkers when it does, but she's a storylocked 3* with a weak NP. Though at least her NP being the worst thing about her means you don't really care if she's NP1, unlike Bedi.

It'll be like, another year until he's in, but Inshun is a really neat servant who can pull off some wacky solos due to his NP, though he isnt going to be setting the world on fire and isnt really general use. At least he's a new 3* who isn't storylocked.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 9, 2018

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So non-singularity Medb might not be quite as nasty.

Holding on to this for a summer day.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's also worth remembering most of the antagonist servants in the singularities are being influenced or manipulated by Grand Caster. So non-singularity Medb might not be quite as nasty.
Look up her (hi)story. She's a pretty nasty individual.

Her core trait is the desire for domination, physical, mental and sexual. She wants everything and gives nothing.
That's why she hates and thirsts after Cu, he refused to bend to her will or even pay much attention to her.

Btw, her profile: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/8j9d1t/medbs_servant_profile_from_fgo_material_iii/

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 9, 2018

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Aurora posted:

way too sexual
That's not a thing.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Man I'm still pretty bummed out by that roll.

I really just have no interest in Medb aesthetically, story-wise or gameplay-wise. If it had been a normal roll then, yeah sure I would probably check out her interludes or whatever at some point and been happy with that.
It's the "waste" of a GSSR roll (and to a lesser degree waste of money I guess) that really stings.

With regards to the anniversary, is this the same as it was for the jp server? They have been so good at making each event feel special with story stuff, special music and so on and then for something as landmark-y as a 1-year anniversary
it's just 5 completely forgettable fights and and a kinda different icon on the Chaldea Gate button? Seems pretty bare bones.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

for real tho medb's thirst and the fact that shes kind of a bitch is what i find relatable about her, even if she's too straight for me to relate to her fully, but well, every good character has flaws

:same:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Flimf posted:

Man I'm still pretty bummed out by that roll.

I really just have no interest in Medb aesthetically, story-wise or gameplay-wise. If it had been a normal roll then, yeah sure I would probably check out her interludes or whatever at some point and been happy with that.
It's the "waste" of a GSSR roll (and to a lesser degree waste of money I guess) that really stings.

With regards to the anniversary, is this the same as it was for the jp server? They have been so good at making each event feel special with story stuff, special music and so on and then for something as landmark-y as a 1-year anniversary
it's just 5 completely forgettable fights and and a kinda different icon on the Chaldea Gate button? Seems pretty bare bones.

Anniversary is not something you can really write a story around.
Plus, summer is two events in one and comes right afterwards.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Flimf posted:

Well, this is not an event...

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Medb is cute/good and I'm glad I was able to roll her on JP since I might never get her on NA

Too bad her alternate costume doesn't have the jacket though, that was a bit of a disappointment for me

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

If you really want an AOE Lancer I'd recommend Romulus over Hektor just due to the damage boost to all allies on Roma's NP, though neither of them are going to accomplish much besides 'lancer AOE NP,' and we'll be getting Santa Jeanne this christmas to fill that role.

In terms of stuff not added yet:

Extra Vlad's probably the best of the non-storylocked/limited 4* Lancers, when he gets added. Kinda basic skillset but decent NP gain and Stargen, and a 1-turn Taunt for some mild utility. Really strong NP, too, since it just deals extra damage to [Evil], which isnt exactly an uncommon thing for bosses. Combine that with his Protection of the Faith just being a smorgasboard of good effects on a really short cooldown and he's pretty solid, if unexciting.

Jaguarman is amazing, one of the best crit servants in the game even without her Forest conditional activating and absolutely bonkers when it does, but she's a storylocked 3* with a weak NP. Though at least her NP being the worst thing about her means you don't really care if she's NP1, unlike Bedi.

It'll be like, another year until he's in, but Inshun is a really neat servant who can pull off some wacky solos due to his NP, though he isnt going to be setting the world on fire and isnt really general use. At least he's a new 3* who isn't storylocked.

Hektor has Tactics and Proof of Friendship though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

appmedia rates proto cu higher because he can do a lot of damage (to beasts) I guess.

Kild fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 9, 2018

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
To be honest, OG Cu's level of survivability is unnecessary for the vast majority of content. For general use, Proto Cu loses out on 200 attack vs OG Cu, but has +45% crit damage for 3-turns, +500% star absorb for 3-turns after Skill Strengthening, and +50-100% damage against Beasts for 3-turns. While the last one is rather niche, it does work against enemies such as Chimeras and Boars, who do show their heads more often than not. But even putting aside the Beast niche, Proto Cu has better damage output in general thanks to his crit skills, while still keeping the Protection from Arrows that makes Cu so damned good. If I'm going into a Challenge Quest, I'd want OG Cu, but for day to day use, Proto Cu is going to be better most of the time.

or you can just use both, cu is a handsome boy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

appmedia rates proto cu higher because he can do a lot of damage (to beasts) I guess.
appmedia sucks

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hektor has Tactics and Proof of Friendship though.
romulus has imperial privilege and a 30% buster up

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

appmedia sucks

romulus has imperial privilege and a 30% buster up

Hektor is sexy older man, while romulus is silly muscle freak you cant take seriously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

romulus has a huge dick, while hektor's dick size is in question

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Didn't both Greeks and Romans hold smaller penis size in higher aesthetic value?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Guys, you're forgetting that this is for farming. Who has the shorter NP animation duration? *insert Learning with Manga where Gudako discriminates by NP time*

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Omobono posted:

On one hand, I think that Cu being a 3* is bullshit.
On the other, it means that every player gets the greatness that is Cu.

My understanding is that star rating (in-universe) reflects the difficulty of summoning them as well as their strength. The weaker they are, and the more willing they are to be summoned, the lower their star value. It's why the 1* Servants are uniformly Good Civilization, because they actively seek out Chaldea in order to help you despite being on the weaker side. Meanwhile, turds like Gilles de Rais (Caster) are 3* despite being weak as hell because they're not interested in saving the world and have to be coaxed into Chaldea like cats in a hole.

Cu has the strength in-universe of a 4 or 5*, but he's so into fighting that he made himself easier to summon. This is why he's one of the strongest 3*.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

genericnick posted:

I'd like a support that can re-shuffel cards with a skill. Maybe draw only the target servant's cards at lvl 10. Always irritated me that I have skills running 3 turns but only enough cards for one turn of buster brave chains unless I'm really lucky.

Poor Mage's Association Uniform. :v:

That said, are you saying it's something like once you've used (for example) Jalter's two buster cards they won't show up again until the other 13 cards have? I could have sworn I've had that happen.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

Is summer Scathach any good? I still have a stack of ALL xp cards from the last event, so I should be covered. It'd be nice to have another 4* Assassin that can deal damage with their NP. (Looking at you, NP2 Stheno :argh:)

So if I'm reading the JPN timeline, we start the summer event but a second part opens up when there is about a week left for us to scramble through those quests? Hopefully it isn't as rough as it sounds.

I love Shishou but summer scathach is in the running for one of the absolute worst servants in the game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rarity is a gameplay/marketing thing, it's not meant to have any real correlation to their lore capabilities. Plenty of free servants get portrayed as imposing threats, while Okita being a 5* is played as a gag.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Medb is described as being a loving but slightly rabid poodle, and that's basically accurate.

Motto posted:

Rarity is a gameplay/marketing thing, it's not meant to have any real correlation to their lore capabilities. Plenty of free servants get portrayed as imposing threats, while Okita being a 5* is played as a gag.

That said, they did remark how Romulus should have been at least 4* considering his weapon is supposed to be at least as strong as Rhon. Go figure.

Blight Runner posted:

Guys, you're forgetting that this is for farming. Who has the shorter NP animation duration? *insert Learning with Manga where Gudako discriminates by NP time*

Bunyan has one of the shorter NP animations in the game but Gudako shuns her!

Vengarr posted:

My understanding is that star rating (in-universe) reflects the difficulty of summoning them as well as their strength. The weaker they are, and the more willing they are to be summoned, the lower their star value. It's why the 1* Servants are uniformly Good Civilization, because they actively seek out Chaldea in order to help you despite being on the weaker side. Meanwhile, turds like Gilles de Rais (Caster) are 3* despite being weak as hell because they're not interested in saving the world and have to be coaxed into Chaldea like cats in a hole.

Cu has the strength in-universe of a 4 or 5*, but he's so into fighting that he made himself easier to summon. This is why he's one of the strongest 3*.

That doesn't explain why say, Blackbeard, Kiara, or allegedly Angra Mainu is easier to summon than say, Sanzang.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 9, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is there a deadline for the survey

TicalStal
Apr 23, 2004
I promised America to the Fuhrer!

Tired Moritz posted:

Is there a deadline for the survey

The news says 7/17 20:59 pst so you have time.

After playing JP for the last several months, I found myself being attracted to rare/unpopular servants even if they aren’t high on the tier lists. Because of that I find myself rolling for bryn, medb and da vinci over raikou and ozy (even though his VA is amazing). I just wish I rolled for mhx as well since I like her animations/voice acting.

Also Summer Scathach may have a terrible skillset but I pick her as support to farm rider nodes whenever I can in JP bc her np animation is bonkers.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
gently caress yeah Mata Hari strengthening quest coming up! Got my mats and QP ready!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

That doesn't explain why say, Blackbeard, Kiara, or allegedly Angra Mainu is easier to summon than say, Sanzang.

Sanzang really wants to join Chaldea, but without her disciples around to help, she keeps getting lost on her way to the summon circle.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

gently caress yeah Mata Hari strengthening quest coming up! Got my mats and QP ready!

I respect that.

I was planning to grail medusa to the top but then... I got Drake.

If Lancer Medusa Alter was the FGO movie form, I'd know what to save for, even more than Asagami Fujino. But they decided to go for that weird creepy form.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
medusa lancer lily is good, actually, just like all medusas are good

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Thanks for the anniversary FP!

:D

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

threw six tickets at the event banner, cause who knows, maybe i'll get lucky again and pull da vinci!

arjuna on the second ticket.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

RanKizama posted:

Thanks for the anniversary FP!

:D

Yorokobe!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cuntellectual posted:

Medb is described as being a loving but slightly rabid poodle, and that's basically accurate.

That said, they did remark how Romulus should have been at least 4* considering his weapon is supposed to be at least as strong as Rhon. Go figure.

Bunyan has one of the shorter NP animations in the game but Gudako shuns her!

Sanzang says in her event that she deliberately ignored the summons from Chaldea before because she figured "gently caress it, I've hit enlightenment, this isn't my concern."
Granted, the whole event, if I'm recalling correctly, is her realizing that was a mistake on her part. But still, I stand by the point I think I was trying to imply.

And Angry Mango might be 0, but, I don't think that implies ease of summons. I mean, he's literally an anomaly that shouldn't be in the Grail at all - and wouldn't have been if the Einzberns hadn't tried to cheat in that particular manner - So the 0 is more of an "It shouldn't be difficult or easy, it shouldn't even be possible. It's literally a glitch."

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
By the way, we're also getting the singularity banners in this anniversary right? Was that confirmed?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Eeepies posted:

By the way, we're also getting the singularity banners in this anniversary right? Was that confirmed?

yes

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

appmedia sucks

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Vengarr posted:

Nah there's zero plot explanation to rarity. It's entirely game mechanics.