Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
At the very least it should be refilled by ammo drops instead of only supply packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

It should be stronger than the laser dog with infinite ammo but will only shoot at things you ping

Slust
Oct 22, 2021
They should just replace it, make it into a service bot. I would kill for something that picks up samples in the area, ammo boxes, can open the vault door with you for solo players, stuff like that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I love the auto cannon

Powerful, reaches far, accurate, plugs up holes

However it needs a backpack full of ammo to be awesome

Is there a support weapon that’s similarly as good but also viable without a backpack, so that I can use a shield generator?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Pre-nerf quasar filled that role

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I love the auto cannon

Is there a support weapon that’s similarly as good but also viable without a backpack, so that I can use a shield generator?

The AMR can do most everything the AC does except plug holes/destroy fabricators, and doesn't use a backpack

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Steve Yun posted:

I love the auto cannon

Laser cannon is good at all the same targets except fabs/holes. It's better at hitting small targets/perfectly accurate in general but worse if you miss the weak point because it's base DPS is a little low.

It also starts things on fire sometimes which is fun

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I want some sort of ping that will mark samples within a certain radius. I would even give up a stratagem and/or backpack slot for it as long as I wasn’t playing bleeding edge difficulties.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Steve Yun posted:

I love the auto cannon

EATs fits your requirement. You can snipe out to 350m on structures, and ~100m accurately on enemies with practice

runchild posted:

I want some sort of ping that will mark samples within a certain radius. I would even give up a stratagem and/or backpack slot for it as long as I wasn’t playing bleeding edge difficulties.

The minimap poi is different when there are still samples available at a site. You can use scout armour and radar enhancement to find them quicker I guess

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

runchild posted:

I thought HD1 had a drone that did this?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

johnny park posted:

The AMR can do most everything the AC does except plug holes/destroy fabricators, and doesn't use a backpack

I think it is absolutely absurd that some guns don't have a third-person scope.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Risky Bisquick posted:

EATs fits your requirement. You can snipe out to 350m on structures, and ~100m accurately on enemies with practice

The minimap poi is different when there are still samples available at a site. You can use scout armour and radar enhancement to find them quicker I guess

i really loving hate when I can't find the last sample to clear the icon

jokes posted:

The AMR has perfect unscoped accuracy if your monitor has a red dot or crosshair mode you can enable.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

johnny park posted:

AMR + grenade pistol make a nice pairing if you pick a primary that gets you out of short-range jams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

johnny park posted:

It should be stronger than the laser dog with infinite ammo but will only shoot at things you ping

Someone (maybe here?) made a good suggestion of making the guard dog medium pen and giving it more ammo in each mag + allow to be refilled by POI ammo packs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone know if the laser cannon can destroy the guns on the walkers underside?

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

jokes posted:

Eh, I agree but also I kinda get it for the AMR. There's video game precedent for true sniper rifles to not have crosshairs. So I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I'm VERY glad they added one for the HMG though

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Is there a reason you'd want the Liberator over the Laser dog anyway?

Higher damage I guess, It's better for peeling off hunters at the expense of babysitting its ammo.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

AMR + grenade pistol make a nice pairing if you pick a primary that gets you out of short-range jams.

I played a bunch of bot 7s last night and I really like the AMR with the plasma Punisher and the Senator to round it out. Primary gives you great AOE that staggers devastators and smashes bot drops, the AMR is great for hitting weak spots when you've got the range, and then rarely you'll whip out the pistol if something is right in your face, but usually it's just as good to run a couple steps and plasma them to death.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerkface posted:

Someone (maybe here?) made a good suggestion of making the guard dog medium pen and giving it more ammo in each mag + allow to be refilled by POI ammo packs.

Honestly I don't need two guard dogs that kill in different ways. Now if one could keep enemies at bay, like with something that staggered or stunned, then I'd be interested.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

johnny park posted:

Eh, I agree but also I kinda get it for the AMR. There's video game precedent for true sniper rifles to not have crosshairs. So I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I'm VERY glad they added one for the HMG though

usually only for pvp games where the sniper has perfect accuracy always and is a 1 shot kill. Absolutely not the case in HD2 and even if it was who cares lol

Lobok posted:

Honestly I don't need two guard dogs that kill in different ways. Now if one could keep enemies at bay, like with something that staggered or stunned, then I'd be interested.

Making it a concussive liberator would be interesting too

the biggest thing for me with it is that it needs to refill on normal ammo packs and have more ammo in general

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone know if the laser cannon can destroy the guns on the walkers underside?

It can, but if takes a few seconds, don't try if it's looking at you. It can also damage most of its weak points, but it can't hurt the back cannon.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Risky Bisquick posted:

Yeah I know but I was thinking more about reducing the time spent scouring POIs, particularly the non-minor ones. Like when you’re doing a lap around a destroyed base looking for the right distance/angle/line-of-sight for the icons to pop up, it’d be nice to send out a pulse around yourself that marked interactive objects. Basically I think every game should have something like the “AI Scan” button in Halo Infinite.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They had a UAV Recon Drone Stratagem in the first game that took a Stratagem slot and showed the location of all enemies and all samples on the map. Very handy stuff and I wish they would bring it back.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

runchild posted:

Yeah I know but I was thinking more about reducing the time spent scouring POIs, particularly the non-minor ones. Like when you’re doing a lap around a destroyed base looking for the right distance/angle/line-of-sight for the icons to pop up, it’d be nice to send out a pulse around yourself that marked interactive objects. Basically I think every game should have something like the “AI Scan” button in Halo Infinite.

I agree. There have been times I've run through some specific POI configurations and been like "wtf where are the samples" and its just that the pickup icons never activated despite me running right by multiple times or the samples being slightly obscured. usually with rare samples where the color of the sample blends in with the rock background so I missed the visual cue. Or POIs that have random common sample wedged in somewhere weird.

Another big peeve is "lore interact" override pickup sample/ammo/whatever - I do not care about this grave stone, please let me grab this sample

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There's one POI where three barrels block a sample and you end up doing the supply-climb instead of grabbing it. Luckily the quasar can fix this bullshit.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Chronojam posted:

There's one POI where three barrels block a sample and you end up doing the supply-climb instead of grabbing it. Luckily the quasar can fix this bullshit.

I airstrike every POI to clear enemies but to also hopefully de-obstruct this bullshit

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They had a UAV Recon Drone Stratagem in the first game that took a Stratagem slot and showed the location of all enemies and all samples on the map. Very handy stuff and I wish they would bring it back.

That thing would cost more than we could afford with the req slip and samples caps. Would have to pay for it on an instalment plan.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jerkface posted:

I airstrike every POI to clear enemies but to also hopefully de-obstruct this bullshit

Same, it makes it easier to see samples and ammo too.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jerkface posted:

/

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Sometimes I think Eagle Airstrike is the most OP thing in the game lol. It's SO good. I feel naked when I don't have it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

johnny park posted:

Sometimes I think Eagle Airstrike is the most OP thing in the game lol. It's SO good. I feel naked when I don't have it
             /

Same honestly, I want every strategem to feel as good as eagle airstrike feels to use

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

https://i.imgur.com/PCfhEVa.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/TJM4g47.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

It can, but if takes a few seconds, don't try if it's looking at you. It can also damage most of its weak points, but it can't hurt the back cannon.

Thank ya! I love the laser cannon, but that at-at ripped me up the last time I used it.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

johnny park posted:

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t bring it. I basically use it on cooldown against bots, bugs, patrols, bases, holes, eggs, heavies, elites, Factory Striders, towers, tanks.

It does everything. Can’t pop bunkers or eyes of Sauron though. Those stump me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Every time I’ve encountered the striders we just bombed it to hell and didn’t bother with weak points, but I’m on difficulty 4-6. Are there multiple striders at once on 7 and up?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

space uncle posted:

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t bring it. I basically use it on cooldown against bots, bugs, patrols, bases, holes, eggs, heavies, elites, Factory Striders, towers, tanks.

It does everything. Can’t pop bunkers or eyes of Sauron though. Those stump me.

Need a 500 for them, I think

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Jerkface posted:

I agree. There have been times I've run through some specific POI configurations and been like "wtf where are the samples" and its just that the pickup icons never activated despite me running right by multiple times or the samples being slightly obscured. usually with rare samples where the color of the sample blends in with the rock background so I missed the visual cue. Or POIs that have random common sample wedged in somewhere weird.

Another big peeve is "lore interact" override pickup sample/ammo/whatever - I do not care about this grave stone, please let me grab this sample

On the ones where there's a weapon and no samples the diamond can be cleared by picking up the weapon. I clear the diamond so my teammates don't see it and run to the POI.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Steve Yun posted:

Every time I’ve encountered the striders we just bombed it to hell and didn’t bother with weak points, but I’m on level 6. Are there multiple striders at once on 7 and up?

Yeah, 7 and up will happily blast multiple striders/bile titans at once

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Steve Yun posted:

Every time I’ve encountered the striders we just bombed it to hell and didn’t bother with weak points, but I’m on level 6. Are there multiple striders at once on 7 and up?

Yep. I've had three Striders drop on extract on a helldive 9. The way we dealt with that was pretty straightforward - a couple of orbital lasers, a couple of orbital precision strikes, at least three eagle airstrikes, two 500kgs, two quasars and an autocannon.

Yes, we got the samples out.

johnny park posted:

Stratagem jammers and anti-air emplacements are first priority targets, right up there with killing a stalker nest and even more important than main objectives, because of how good Eagle Airstrikes are.

ArmyGroup303 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
:stare: