Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't say they stopped making money, I just think people are slightly less excited about it all in general.

Rhyno posted:

I wasn't gonna watch that new trailer because I was worried about being shown too much poo poo but holy poo poo that trailer.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel like there is a lot we have not even seen yet.

I just don't like seeing major stuff in trailers, I tend to quit after the first one.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I am very excited to watch this movie and I hope all of my dudes make it out alive because across the two trailers things are definitely not looking good for Steve, Thor, Tony, Vision, or Strange!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've been showing very little of the Black Order.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

We've also seen no Hawkeye or Ant Man / Wasp

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rhyno posted:

I just don't like seeing major stuff in trailers, I tend to quit after the first one.

I watch the two major trailers they release because they're usually the ones who actually show stuff in a moderated manner, but skip all TV spots and international cuts.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dacap posted:

Or Valkyrie....

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dacap posted:

Their roles are supposedly very minor, to the point that they aren't on any of the EW covers that were posted recently. Apparently they'll have a bigger role in Avengers 4.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Or Valkyrie....

Valkyrie is great.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They've been showing very little of the Black Order.

There's a shot of the whole Black Order in this latest trailer. They look like a classic stereotypical Dungeons and Dragons party, it's pretty funny.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Koalas March posted:

Valkyrie is great.

And she better not die in that opening scene!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hmm, there is a prequel sequence there with a younger Gamora it looks like

Nah, that's her daughter, Saddam.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
And I know we're talking about comic books here, but was I the only one who thought it was pretty funny how Gamora says Thanos objective was always "to kill half of the universe"? Like, I get the reference, but it's such a specific goal that it becomes a bit silly.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Samuringa posted:

And I know we're talking about comic books here, but was I the only one who thought it was pretty funny how Gamora says Thanos objective was always "to kill half of the universe"? Like, I get the reference, but it's such a specific goal that it becomes a bit silly.

Half gets mentioned again later on, in related to humanity.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Samuringa posted:

Not sure they will go into it, but he was tasked with doing it by death herself in the comics in order to balance out life and death.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yeah they're going to need to explain that one, "cuz Death is hawt" might not cut it this time.

"I hope they remember you" what a line though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah they're going to need to explain that one, "cuz Death is hawt" might not cut it this time.

There have persistently been leaks/rumors that Death's character has been merged with Hela from Thor: Ragnarok. In which case, "Because goth Cate Blanchett asked me to" is a fine reason.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Trailer was great, extremely hype. Cap taking on thanos after he already has a gem looks awesome. I hope since that is wakanda that tchalla gets a good fight scene too tho

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I thought the half the universe thing in IW was going to be he is the last Titan on account of his people’s unchecked growth, and he wants to prune the universe so that it doesn’t happen to everything.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

AngryBooch posted:

There's a shot of the whole Black Order in this latest trailer. They look like a classic stereotypical Dungeons and Dragons party, it's pretty funny.

With no Supergiant that's only a four person party. That's weak.

Still a bit annoyed that they snipped Supergiant from the line-up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jamesman posted:

Yeah, and they're standing among a ton of dead bodies. That's... unnerving. Guess Thor and Valkyrie will have to repopulate the entire Asgardian race.

Also it looks like in Wakanda, they're analyzing Vision and the Mind Stone.
God I hope they don't gently caress over Thor Ragnarok's message just for cheap heat for Thanos and the Black order

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cythereal posted:

There have persistently been leaks/rumors that Death's character has been merged with Hela from Thor: Ragnarok. In which case, "Because goth Cate Blanchett asked me to" is a fine reason.

Which would be weird without some kind of other explanation or development if the god of death for the entire universe was one particular Asgardian.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 16, 2018

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cythereal posted:

Hi can you not post untagged leaks/rumours for a film which isn't out for another 6 weeks, thanks.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Just from watching the trailer and hearing rumors, Thanos is less about wooing hot death and more about bringing balance about because he feels that population/growth left unchecked is a bad thing for the universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That trailer made me really happy. I got to see almost everything I wanted.

If I had to guess Thanos attacks the ship with the Agardians, Thor and the rest fight him off, but they're outmatched, and Loki shows up and gives Thanos the Tesseract to save them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks like they took inspiration from this shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8&t=88s

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

Just from watching the trailer and hearing rumors, Thanos is less about wooing hot death and more about bringing balance about because he feels that population/growth left unchecked is a bad thing for the universe.

he's probably right

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

he's probably right

Thanos did nothing wrong

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

enigmahfc posted:

Isn't that an actual issue in a Cosmic Marvel event, they called it the "Cancerverse"?

I didn't get that far but it was probably bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Samuringa posted:

Isn't that an actual issue in a Cosmic Marvel event, they called it the "Cancerverse"?

I didn't get that far but it was probably bad.

The cancerverse stuff was cool and good.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I am 99% sure that Groot and rocket are reacting to Thor holding his new hammer at the 1:13 mark and it has just been CGI'ed out of the trailer like his eye was in Thor 3.

edit \/\/\/\/\/ LOL

badjohny fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 16, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

badjohny posted:

I am 99% sure that Groot and rocket are reacting to Thor holding his new hammer at the 1:13 mark and it has just been CGI'ed out of the trailer like his eye was in Thor 3.

This movie isn’t rated R.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

badjohny posted:

Toy's on the shelf, not sure what they think they're hiding.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sgt. Politeness posted:

he's probably right

Malthusianism is dumb

especially on a universal scale

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/simpsonsfilms/status/974687907104600064

https://twitter.com/lgbtvalkyrie/status/974641667469869057

Barry Convex posted:

DeWanda Wise has exited her role in Captain Marvel (as Monica Rambeau? maybe?) due to scheduling conflicts with She’s Gotta Have It S2. The role will presumably be recast shortly.

https://t.co/xd1s37dXXC?amp=1

https://twitter.com/THR/status/974719811409231872

Very shortly.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 16, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

site posted:

Malthusianism is dumb

especially on a universal scale

But also people are poo poo and Marvel has shown that all the space people are also poo poo so there's that to consider.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
cap better lift a hammer.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

I dunno, is Sam Rockwell busy?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But also people are poo poo and Marvel has shown that all the space people are also poo poo so there's that to consider.
Thank you for posting on our forums, Mr. Moore, how's the weather in London lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Or Loki. Get Help!

• Locked thread