Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Fishing Planet is broken as hell, I'm afraid to touch the equipment menu lest my rod disappear forever.

I really want to like absolver but I'm not a fan of its insistence on RPG mechanics to get stretch out time from your skill based button pressing. Namely: how long it takes to unlock moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This dog boss in the Evil Within is loving bullshit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can say that about anything in TEW.
Hope you have lots of shotgun shells and try not to lose track of it when it hides in the bushes is about the only advice I can give.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I hope it's an indirect sequel with the same Golden Playhouse theme, but a different story/scenario. The block-pushing mechanics were surprisingly well thought out and building on them would be pretty great.

Hopefully.

Manatee Cannon posted:

atlus loves indirect sequels. look at persona or just smt in general

it'll probably be the same universe but different characters

Catherine 2: Katherine

Stare-Out posted:

I did the same thing I did with the PS3; I waited 4 years after launch to get the console. Just got myself a PS4 slim after avoiding spoilers and paid like 40 euros to get a half dozen games I've wanted to play. It's awesome. Goddamn this controller is the most amazing thing. Bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition, MGS5, Arkham Knight, GTA5, No Man's Sky, Shadow of Mordor and all the PS+ games I've collected for a pittance and it's awesome. Journey in 60 fps is the best thing ever. It's so nice to actually wait for new games again.

Being able to get audio into your headphones through the controller might be the most ingenious thing ever.

You should buy some good games tho

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
MGSV is good if you like fun

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

MGSV is good if you like fun

MGS3 is 10x better

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 2, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah maybe if you want to watch a game and not play it. the old mgs control scheme is intolerable if you've played any games in the past fifteen years.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Same but mgs2

rabidsquid posted:

yeah maybe if you want to watch a game and not play it. the old mgs control scheme is intolerable if you've played any games in the past fifteen years.

:yikes:

(MGSV is a terrible game)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it doesnt matter if you like or hate mgsv if you dont think the old games control scheme has aged badly i dont know what to tell you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man the month just started and we're already on 'argue about MGS' huh?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love the MGS3 controls. It's meant to be hard to shoot people so you can't just run around doing shoot mans. The only thing I don't like is button sensitive junk.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Gross.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All the MGS games suck compared to animé 😈

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

*nods kojimishly*

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, also, Veni Veni Veni and anyone else who is into Catherine, Atlus is teasing a possible sequel or remake

Awesome!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

MGS3 Secret theater owns so hard.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Metal Gear Solid 5 is an impressive video-game. I also personally find it to be the worst entry in the Metal Gear (Solid) series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh, also, Veni Veni Veni and anyone else who is into Catherine, Atlus is teasing a possible sequel or remake

I hope Atlus leans into the whole Competitive Catherine scene

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I went and bought the Pro, a second dualistic and diablo3 RoS and Helldivers for 390€ just now.

Educate me about PS+: if I create an account X and set the console as primary, then subscribe ps+ and install all ps+, disc and digital games on said account, can users on the console with accounts y and z play all installed games and use ps+ to play online with their accounts?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Hopper posted:

So I went and bought the Pro, a second dualistic and diablo3 RoS and Helldivers for 390€ just now.

Educate me about PS+: if I create an account X and set the console as primary, then subscribe ps+ and install all ps+, disc and digital games on said account, can users on the console with accounts y and z play all installed games and use ps+ to play online with their accounts?

Yes. The bonus is you can have a second console. and play the games too with Account X. but you have to be signed in on Account X on the second console

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
CoD WW2 BETA Code for PS4 if someone wants it: R3P8-3END-GA2Q

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Macarius Wrench posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4 is an impressive movie. I also personally find it to be the worst entry in the Metal Gear (Solid) series.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

AutomaticPrince posted:

CoD WW2 BETA Code for PS4 if someone wants it: R3P8-3END-GA2Q

"Already redeemed"

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

LawfulWaffle posted:

"Already redeemed"

Sorry, someone must've sniped it without letting the rest know. I have another that I'm waiting to see if my brother wants. If he doesn't, I'll DM it to you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think this forum is publicly viewable so if you have a code I wouldn't post it directly in the thread

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yes please :swoon:.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I hope people enjoy CoD 2. It is not my kind of game at all, but I love when people enjoy games! :D

I am playing Diablo3, Agents of Mayhem, Sonic Mania and pyramid solitaire on my phone :D
Diablo3 cannot shake me currently, and even though I have lots of games to play, it is just so satisfying.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I havn't been able to enjoy any games today. I dont have the will to physically get out of bed.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Is track mania turbo any fun? I'm kind of a sucker for crazy style racing games that give me a little San Francisco rush nostalgia. And it's on sale for $14.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Macarius Wrench posted:

I havn't been able to enjoy any games today. I dont have the will to physically get out of bed.

If it makes you feel better I spent the whole of Sunday evening to Thursday evening (the whole of my holiday) ill as anything, so I did not game either. I am only just getting back into the swing!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BonoMan posted:

Is track mania turbo any fun? I'm kind of a sucker for crazy style racing games that give me a little San Francisco rush nostalgia. And it's on sale for $14.

The older Trackmania games were super fun, I'm thinking about picking it up too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been dicking around in MGS HD lately and I actually find MGS2 less lovely to control than 3 in tyool 2017. At least 2 is so abstract at this point it's almost like playing a top down SNES game, where 3 feels like the worst 3rd person shooter controls ever.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you think the controls in any mgs are bad then you are probably not very good at video games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You need to treat the older MGS's as top-down games using auto-aim, with first-person aiming as a sometimes thing when you're in a good hidden spot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Buccaneer posted:

If you think the controls in any mgs are bad then you are probably not very good at video games

Yeah who wants intuitive controls that make logical sense, when you could just have the camera flying all over into different positions and contextual stuff bumping you out of position, with a string of button presses required to do anything. MGS3 is a great game but the controls have aged terribly.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You aged terribly

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The only situations in mgs 3 where the control scheme is less than perfect was on MGO or the 360 version

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol sure buddy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hooray the gang tags are being processed. I did a lot, so some people won't have theirs yet. Those who do, enjoy your tags!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

VideoGames posted:

Hooray the gang tags are being processed. I did a lot, so some people won't have theirs yet. Those who do, enjoy your tags!

Woo! Time to fight on the forum over which is the best game via my gang tag (it's Vanquish).

E: fuk, I don't have mine yet