Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

VJeff posted:

So why was the story in Curse of Osiris so motherfucking lame. :(

ROI and CoO both iirc they traipse out this weird woman in charge of story who looks like a mom of three who watches Dr. Who and has a very ummm special relationship with the family golden retriever.

Blame her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

D1 has never not been lit, ESPECIALLY after D2 launched; it got cheap, $40 for the collection on Amazon.

errrr apparently its $30, works too:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K63R7HY?tag=price1197409-20&ascsubtag=278712182&th=1

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 28, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cvnvcnv posted:

ROI and CoO both iirc they traipse out this weird woman in charge of story who looks like a mom of three who watches Dr. Who and has a very ummm special relationship with the family golden retriever.

Blame her.
What the gently caress is this poo poo?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

mango sentinel posted:

He is probably referring to Christine Thompson, who is the head writer for those expansions. The people who write the lore for the grimoire are different.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe how much D2 feels absolutely nothing like this

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

mango sentinel posted:

some gross reddit-rear end poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Gross

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

love that NLB laming

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

Blame her.

das some grade A gamer gate bullshit right there

"hehe, check out this WOMAN... heh. She looks like a mom. She also looks like a nerd. She works for a gaming company and produced bad games, lol, I bet she fucks the family dog"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Christine Thompson, whoever that may be, wrote the dialog for Osiris and Sagira then I have nothing personal against her, but it was bad dialog and in the future, she should write good dialog.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Look at how loving fun D1 is.

Hey Tuesday patch, maybe you can show us that D2 is getting better?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

Hey Tuesday patch, maybe you can show us that D2 is getting better?

i mean thats the point right

we know what they're doing, if you dont think it will make the game more fun :???:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

i mean thats the point right

we know what they're doing, if you dont think it will make the game more fun :???:

Words vs actions my dude, I'm not going to give them "mad props" til it's here and not retarded.

We know what they said they'd do, they still have to deliver.

BTW, I have a bridge in France to sell you.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

PathAsc posted:

Words vs actions my dude, I'm not going to give them "mad props" til it's here and not retarded.

We know what they said they'd do, they still have to deliver.

BTW, I have a bridge in France to sell you.

no i mean we know what’s coming in the patch

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

no i mean we know what’s coming in the patch

I know that's what you meant, this is still neo-bungo though.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah the patch will be "better" but D2 PVP will still be D2 PVP for now, so

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
still lolling that for the sequel to the game about being an immortal space warrior with special powers finding and shooting cool guns they made the powers boring and the guns boring poo poo lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm a space wizard, imbued with deadly light.

I use cast bullets to kill my enemies really slow. Not because I'm a sadist, but because all my poo poo is actually pretty weak.

Hail traveler.

gently caress this poo poo, I want to be darkness now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Golden gun can't even 1 shot tough enemies lol. Like I understand it would ruin the ~epic feel~ of setpieces like strike, story, or raid bosses but come loving on I'm wasting an ult let me 1 shot a loving high value target/lost sector boss or dude with a shield every 5 minutes.
The fact it can one shot guardians just makes it clear they really are as weak as the alien grunts just with free respawns.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

1) gently caress you
2) I'll admit that's pretty sick tho

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

still lolling that for the sequel to the game about being an immortal space warrior with special powers finding and shooting cool guns they made the powers boring and the guns boring poo poo lmao

Don't loving trigger me

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Golden gun can't even 1 shot tough enemies lol. Like I understand it would ruin the ~epic feel~ of setpieces like strike, story, or raid bosses but come loving on I'm wasting an ult let me 1 shot a loving high value target/lost sector boss or dude with a shield every 5 minutes.
The fact it can one shot guardians just makes it clear they really are as weak as the alien grunts just with free respawns.

I like how shoulder charge can't even 1 hit all red bars and takes over a minute to regenerate.

And the bungie nerfed and little movement utility it had just to piss in our eyes.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

And the bungie nerfed and little movement utility it had just to piss in our eyes.

This was enough to not even want to play my Titan anymore. Reminds me of when they further reduced Hunters recovery in D1 for using blink. The idiot devs are focusing their attention on the wrong things.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Make shoulder charge a OHK in PvP and it would be fun as hell. It would still be not as OP as in D1 because you'd have to have a charged melee, but you could use skullfort to counteract that. Or the shoulder charge boots.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

This was enough to not even want to play my Titan anymore. Reminds me of when they further reduced Hunters recovery in D1 for using blink. The idiot devs are focusing their attention on the wrong things.

Yeah good point. They nerfed blink when no one even used it. Really weird poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Make shoulder charge a OHK in PvP and it would be fun as hell. It would still be not as OP as in D1 because you'd have to have a charged melee, but you could use skullfort to counteract that. Or the shoulder charge boots.

I would be fine with this but it would need to be in a snadbox update that also buffed another 100 or so things.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah shoulder charge became a problem in d1 when lower ttk overall became a problem.

Ohk shoulder charge in the current game would be a big issue.

It should be doing a lot more damage in pve though.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I mean if it were OHK it'd have to be also like D1 where it didn't have an infinite "duration." In that sense it's kind of a high risk/reward thing because a) you have to time it properly and b) even if you get the kill, you are vulnerable right after to getting killed by other opposing players.

Another option is that you would take increased damage while charging.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

das some grade A gamer gate bullshit right there

"hehe, check out this WOMAN... heh. She looks like a mom. She also looks like a nerd. She works for a gaming company and produced bad games, lol, I bet she fucks the family dog"

https://i.imgur.com/DO8QC2j.gifv

CheeseFactory posted:

I like how shoulder charge can't even 1 hit all red bars and takes over a minute to regenerate.

I think something like, Shoulder Charge if used is on a 2:30 countdown but can kill a yellow bar, and if SC is utilized but not used, a 0:35 countdown. Un-nerf the movement, seems chill.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did my first trials recovery today. Someone paid me to play video games for them lmao

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

I did my first trials recovery today. Someone paid me to play video games for them lmao

congrats on finding employment

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

How much money did you make?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

texaholic posted:

How much money did you make?

.00000000001 btc

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Orb

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The worst is when you create 40+ orbs in a strike and a pubbie somehow creates zero orbs in the same strike. They will have a low # of kills too like 30ish so they weren't afk.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

The worst is when you create 40+ orbs in a strike and a pubbie somehow creates zero orbs in the same strike. They will have a low # of kills too like 30ish so they weren't afk.

If there's a wipe and I see that, I bolt. No way I'm carrying dweebs to such lucrative tokens and blues.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

cvnvcnv posted:

If there's a wipe and I see that, I bolt. No way I'm carrying dweebs to such lucrative tokens and blues.

I joined the discord and was going to try and join one of the clans, but I think I’m this guy. :(

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Yahahaha, that's awesome! Clan member or rando off LFG?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I end up creating the most orbs with pubs, but get less killing blows.

Doesn't matter, got super

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope masterwork exotics means weapons and not just armor.