Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's the lung equivalent of washing your danglies with Doc Bronners Peppermint :eyepop:

edit: lmao

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFSNg6wD3O_/?hl=en

:3:

the trick is to lather up and then rinse it off real quick

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i like this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/604761050857095168

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

somebody please print these prominently so that after the apocalypse, the principal religion of the planet can be the Cult of the Car Boys

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI7tWd7B3iI

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:3: good doggs!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

:laffo:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

If you stumble upon several Barbie-branded typewriters in the wild, you may want to snatch them up. With two or more you will be able to use capabilities built into these toys for sending and receiving cryptographic texts. The Crytpo Museum have a full write-up on the suitable models and their “4 built-in cipher modes.” But the story doesn’t stop there – there’s more, as tipped off by a FBI informant! 😉

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

yessssss

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

i put menthol crystals in the bong
and learned the hard way what inhaling
too much
menthol at a time feels like.. i coughed for ten straight minutes
i'm sure

you should try sparkling water next

(don't use carbonated liquids)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i'm the C:\Users\Matt>

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCMTfjCEFM

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krmpa6sTaUI

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:dance:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

syscall girl posted:

we only have one type of nerve for detecting temperature :science:

one type of nerve, sure, but i'm sure there are at least two different kinds of receptors for heat and cold. cause there's that psychology experiment you can do where if you get just the right temperature of warm water, it triggers the cold ones as well and you get both hot and cold firing and it feels like your hands are boiling.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

capsaicin can also give you chemical burns tho

esp in your lungs they're real fragile

one of my neighbors growin up almost died from breathing in a lil smoke from a fire that had some poison ivy in it. smoke can easily carry oil and gently caress your poo poo right up

maximum pendantry go

capsaicin doesn't create an inflammatory response so it isn't going to give most people blistering or chemical-burn-like symptoms, no matter the concentration. (certainly a few might have a worse response than average, like with any chemical). doesn't cause lasting damage. like, that's the fundamental difference between using pepper spray and using poison gas.

poison ivy urushiols are a whole different story tho and yea every year up north you hear about some dumbass who thought it was a smart idea to try and burn out their poison ivy patch and now needs to drag around an oxygen bottle for the rest of their life.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

capsaicin doesn't create an inflammatory response so it isn't going to give most people blistering or chemical-burn-like symptoms, no matter the concentration. (certainly a few might have a worse response than average, like with any chemical). doesn't cause lasting damage. like, that's the fundamental difference between using pepper spray and using poison gas.

i thought it did exactly that to your intestines

:shrug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i dunno, i'm not a biochemist. maybe it does blister your intestines if you butt chugged a can of bear spray. i have read that it doesn't cause inflammation unless you have an allergic reaction to it -- it just triggers the "hot hot hot" neurotransmitters until they run out of juice (which, incidentally, is why it eventually numbs your mouth and can be used as a topical analgesic)

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

poison ivy urushiols are a whole different story tho and yea every year up north you hear about some dumbass who thought it was a smart idea to try and burn out their poison ivy patch and now needs to drag around an oxygen bottle for the rest of their life.

I went googling for this and came away with the most bizarre video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8WUS0t3No

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one day i was at a summer landscaping job and was doing mulch and turns out the source tree or w/e had poison sumac all over it, lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i dunno, i'm not a biochemist. maybe it does blister your intestines if you butt chugged a can of bear spray. i have read that it doesn't cause inflammation unless you have an allergic reaction to it -- it just triggers the "hot hot hot" neurotransmitters until they run out of juice (which, incidentally, is why it eventually numbs your mouth and can be used as a topical analgesic)

well specifically the question was whether menthol or capsaicin would gently caress your lungs up

according to google they actually use it in inhalants to provoke coughing for medical research so i'm guessin it'd be p difficult to do permanent damage that way, but the FDA says it's rare but it happens for topical uses which seems p sketchy

so yeah i bet echi's right

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/TwopTwips/status/837018603299962885

lol just lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
anyway back to pics

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

one day i was at a summer landscaping job and was doing mulch and turns out the source tree or w/e had poison sumac all over it, lol

working landscaping loving sucksssss

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/mcwm/status/837003695330115590

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

i can't find a good way to describe Car Boys to my friends and coworkers that doesn't make it sound really boring

help me spread the good word

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

BadSamaritan posted:

i can't find a good way to describe Car Boys to my friends and coworkers that doesn't make it sound really boring

"it's like when you were a kid and you'd have a friend come over and play together with your toy cars, except now it's two grown men and they use computer toy cars and you only get to watch and listen"

does that help

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

cheese-cube posted:

just smoke weed?

*smashes through the wall* AGREED!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

BadSamaritan posted:

you too can watch unfunny menchildren play bad video games on youtube

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
important research on which ai assistant to gently caress and cum in

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

do not gently caress the computer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BadSamaritan posted:

"two dudes try to play a driving game that consistently and unexpectedly breaks in really fun ways. poo poo is only like 15 minutes so check it out for a laugh"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

vodkat posted:

you too can watch unfunny menchildren play bad video games on youtube

man it's the best thing when people talk poo poo yet they post on funny computer

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/3aOKHgq.mp4

new borrowers movie looking slow

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

gently caress I've been doxxed