Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

i am tim! posted:

...it also had a memory gimmick to the plot so they could throw in iconic fights...

I feel like it become a rule at some point that every single One Piece game needs some sort of gimmick that summons people from the Straw Hats' memories so they can justify having every villain in the series in one place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like Nami

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Oda (and Toei) get weird and horny with Nami sometimes but that doesn't stop her from being one of the best strawhats

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i do appreciate that oda tried his damndest to give nami some kind of plausible-sounding explanation for her powers but has effectively hit the point of, "she just straight up casts elemental spells, please roll with it"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Vermain posted:

i do appreciate that oda tried his damndest to give nami some kind of plausible-sounding explanation for her powers but has effectively hit the point of, "she just straight up casts elemental spells, please roll with it"

she's a black mage obv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbYNMsFmw2A

Found a video on the official OP Youtube of a theater in France watching the 1000th episode and :unsmith:

God, this is so cool :3:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

God, this is so cool :3:

I just hit the part where the song starts and everyone sings along :neckbeard:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

one piece to unite the world

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One Piece to rule them all, One Piece to find them
One Piece to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

chapter?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Funky Valentine posted:

One Piece to bring them all and in the darkness darkness bind them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

One Piece to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Zehahaha?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Vermain posted:

I mean, Usopp’s Clima Tact was kinda stretching the limits of disbelief a little, but Skypeia had all sorts of weird weather tech so I can believe being really, really, almost supernaturally good with weather can translate into knowing the exact right weather conditions to make mirages and do other weird stuff with the right technology. It’s less boring than just having her eat the Weather Weather Fruit, at least.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, Usopp’s Clima Tact was kinda stretching the limits of disbelief a little, but Skypeia had all sorts of weird weather tech so I can believe being really, really, almost supernaturally good with weather can translate into knowing the exact right weather conditions to make mirages and do other weird stuff with the right technology. It’s less boring than just having her eat the Weather Weather Fruit, at least.

Weatheria had that rope that made wind when you untied a knot that literally never got mentioned again after the timeskip montage. I assume they just got shoved in the Climatact off screen or something.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

All the straw hats have a super power

Luffy - Punching
Zoro - Swording
Sanji - Cooking
Usopp - Sniping
Chopper - Doctoring
Nami - Weather/Navigating
Robin - Language/Researching
Franky - Engineering
Brook - Musicing
Jinbei - Fishing

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

All the straw hats have a super power

Luffy - Punching
Zoro - Swording
Sanji - Cooking
Usopp - Sniping
Chopper - Doctoring/Emergency Rations
Nami - Weather/Navigating
Robin - Language/Researching
Franky - Engineering
Brook - Musicing
Jinbei - Fishing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luffy's disastrous attempts at cooking and swording (Zoro pleading with him to give him the super amazing rare sword while Luffy bonks people with it still in the scabbard :xd:) are great.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I like Nami

:hai:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ragnarokette posted:

Weatheria had that rope that made wind when you untied a knot that literally never got mentioned again after the timeskip montage. I assume they just got shoved in the Climatact off screen or something.

i think oda was throwing a lot of balls up into the air around that time to try and figure out how to let the non-fruiters not fall behind on the power scale. some of them like haki worked well, and others like dials got rapidly shoved into a locker and forgotten

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Dials were retroactively proven worthwhile by the anime only arc right after, great escape

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bad scans are out

https://ragnarokscanlation.net/series/one_/chapter-1112/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yamato! :swoon:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I was expecting the bad JJK phone camera scans with translations under them, but those scans are pretty good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Dials were retroactively proven worthwhile by the anime only arc right after, great escape

I just saw a video about the dials. Usopp uses them everywhere for everything.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's a good enough scanlation to be getting started with.

They are pretty hosed unless something miraculous happens here, so it definitely will.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
:siren: ROBIN EXISTED FOR TWO PANELS :siren:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The final page :stare:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Drakkel posted:

I feel like it become a rule at some point that every single One Piece game needs some sort of gimmick that summons people from the Straw Hats' memories so they can justify having every villain in the series in one place

I wouldn’t put it past this being a result of some contract clause that states only Pirate Warriors can do a straight recap of the plot, or something along those lines.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh gently caress.

Escaping was looking pretty plausible, but now suddenly everyone is turbofucked. The Gorosei don't mess around.

Vegapunk better have a very good plan pop off soon, otherwise this is heading for a Sabaody style shocking defeat to up the stakes.

Either way, I can't forgive them for leaving Stussy behind. gently caress. Sanji wouldn't have let that happen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TCB waiting squad

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxoYsFoYFWos9NGbHRtAzC4M9SmQNuOTmy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Am I reading this right? Is the implication that Luffy can't even touch the elders unless he's Gear 5 or is boar guy doing something?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Not Red King, my glorious king...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEwvOa2dfg

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Am I reading this right? Is the implication that Luffy can't even touch the elders unless he's Gear 5 or is boar guy doing something?

I don’t think so? We see a VERY similar thing happen when Luffy’s fighting against Katakuri, so I think it just indicates that Boar Guy’s Haki is just that intense.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Warcury is s hakiman like shanks

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

i am tim! posted:

I don’t think so? We see a VERY similar thing happen when Luffy’s fighting against Katakuri, so I think it just indicates that Boar Guy’s Haki is just that intense.

Yeah, it's probably this, or maybe something's happening when Luffy makes contact that's messing with his powers. But the way it was drawn, it looks like he was using advanced Conqueror's with his Red Roc, so it may not have been full contact?

Either way, this is gonna be rough!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
TCB out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I didn't know Kinemon was so tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The scans aren’t bad, the translation is a little rough but TCB isn’t perfect either.

Boar guy looks like he has flames surrounding him if you look closely

Very glad we got an update on Stussy