Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Breath of Fire II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

brothers karamzov ftw

Playing DS3, just got to undead settlement. this game looks amazing and you can really see the BB design throughout. Index and Vordt weren't that hard but they were much better than the respective DS1 and 2 fights imo. The random dudes that turn into goop monsters are much harder than either were lol.
My son's name is also Vordt :D

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

More Yakuza 6 and Ghost of Tsushima. Although I’ll probably just end up playing Yakuza until bed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

brothers karamzov ftw

Playing DS3, just got to undead settlement. this game looks amazing and you can really see the BB design throughout. Index and Vordt weren't that hard but they were much better than the respective DS1 and 2 fights imo. The random dudes that turn into goop monsters are much harder than either were lol.

sick, enjoy your ds3 journey

Sekiro, FF7, AC, per usual...just chillin.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's a town building aspect to Breath of Fire II... I love this poo poo in RPGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's a town building aspect to Breath of Fire II... I love this poo poo in RPGs

Is it better than 1? I played the first game for a hour or two when it got added to the snes online stuff but I thought it was really boring

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Is it better than 1? I played the first game for a hour or two when it got added to the snes online stuff but I thought it was really boring

So far it is yeah. More interesting scenarios and really nice spritework

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

BoFII is better than the first one but that's not exactly an amazing feat and it still has glaring flaws. It's just "okay", in my opinion.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Monster Train

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I got the Desperados 3 demo.... it's epic. Levels are a little less dynamic but it feels like isometric Hitman . Probably gonna buy it whenever I finish the demo missions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

So far it is yeah. More interesting scenarios and really nice spritework

Kongming posted:

BoFII is better than the first one but that's not exactly an amazing feat and it still has glaring flaws. It's just "okay", in my opinion.

neat, ill prolly check it out someday since I liked Dragon Quarter a lot.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finished arkham city and origins isn't on PS4, so i'm on to arkham knight to finish up my summer of batman. arkham knight is weirdly making me want to play GTA3? i think it's driving the batmobile everywhere and breaking poo poo. hoping i can finish up arkham knight before baby # 2 is born, but that could be any day now, so we'll see.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

my favorite one is in DQ3 where the merchant you put in charge of the town becomes a tyrant huffing their own farts so the whole town rebels and locks them up. it's not even optional, i don't think, pretty sure you get one of the orbs for doing it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

went back to my ff7 save, trying to decide if i want to go apeshit on chocobo breeding this time. i'm kind of thinking yes, but we'll see

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i get so sick of the chocobo races by the end, but most of that is actually betting on them to collect the blue materia you can't get anywhere else. there's no reason breeding chocobos should be fun, but it just is.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

iunno, i like it a lot. it's definitely much better than I which isnt hard, but i like the characters and sprite work a lot and it's got a bunch of cool Old JRPG systems (shaman fusing is badass). i like the story a lot too, theres some cool writing. also pablo, theres a few different endings with the best one missable if you gently caress something up. IIRC theres enough context clues to know how to do things right but you should probably know

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i get so sick of the chocobo races by the end, but most of that is actually betting on them to collect the blue materia you can't get anywhere else. there's no reason breeding chocobos should be fun, but it just is.

yeah, i know it takes a bunch of time but it's super relaxing to do. i dont think i'm going to go full ape-man grind out everything, but i want to get omnislash and if i'm doing that i might as well get a gold chocobo too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

iunno, i like it a lot. it's definitely much better than I which isnt hard, but i like the characters and sprite work a lot and it's got a bunch of cool Old JRPG systems (shaman fusing is badass). i like the story a lot too, theres some cool writing. also pablo, theres a few different endings with the best one missable if you gently caress something up. IIRC theres enough context clues to know how to do things right but you should probably know

Good to know thanks. Breath of Fire 1 is an extremely flawed game but I still liked it a lot honestly. 2 is definitely way better

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Paper Mario

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

going camping

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Ruffini posted:

Paper Mario

:D have fun. I started up TTYD yesterday so that's what i'm playin all weekend

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

wait do you mean the new one..

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

heeheex2 posted:

wait do you mean the new one..

Yeah it's charming and has a killer soundtrack so far. I went in with low expectations so I've been pleasantly surprised.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

going camping

oh, is it your first playthrough? enjoy Final Fantasy XV, it has some fun moments.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

oh, is it your first playthrough? enjoy Final Fantasy XV, it has some fun moments.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Death Strandmans + Paper Mario. Middle Earth Shadows of The Ring War of Middle Earth was on sale for 7 pounds so I bought it and might play that too

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Ruffini posted:

Yeah it's charming and has a killer soundtrack so far. I went in with low expectations so I've been pleasantly surprised.

nice. im waiting for the bob stream myself

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bioshock Infinite and Resonance of Fate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ronned a Riichi Seven Pairs Half Flush 👀 weekend gaming starting strong.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Hell yeah

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

slowly making my way thru’ sekiro ng+ to get a better ending than shura. going to play some counterstrike too.

goferchan posted:

I got the Desperados 3 demo.... it's epic. Levels are a little less dynamic but it feels like isometric Hitman . Probably gonna buy it whenever I finish the demo missions

I saw that a few days past, didn't realise there was a demo. is the rest of the series good?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Late night DS3, undead settlement is cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

gently caress yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

amenbrotep posted:

I saw that a few days past, didn't realise there was a demo. is the rest of the series good?

I played the original and the Commandos games when I was a little kid and liked them a lot then, even if they were way too hard for me. If you want to play something more modern I'd recommend either this or Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun from the same devs, it's full price on steam right now but its like $5 on the epic games store sale currently

edit: It's a good demo though, you'll get the idea pretty quick once you get past the tutorial stuff and it opens up a bit

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I skipped chocobo breeding in ff7 as a kid but got a gold one when i replayed it at the start of this year... was satisfying to get to the islands and stuff I couldnt reach before

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rotten Greatwood fight was pretty neat imo but one I'm glad I beat first try, glad I was told to do mound makers early lol. Had planned to homeward bone from that fight but wouldn't have worked I think. So far in 3 even the fights that aren't tofu feel and look super cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Free For Honor weekend, champs. Get those cheeks wet.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm too tired to game today. gently caress work tbqh I just want to go back to playing games all day.

Death stranding tomorrow hopefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lightning storm fried the PS4 Pro. F