Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

for those of you who hang your LPs on the wall, but still want to have them filed so you can play them, here is your solution:

I would rather hang that on my wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Quite the funfkopf on the second German from the right

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I too approve of the lovingly crafted cover art, it's up there with the replacement cover to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PS2 that made internet rounds years ago.

And maybe if I can hold out for the next three years there'll be a 20th anniversary repress of Katamari. :unsmith:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

for those of you who hang your LPs on the wall, but still want to have them filed so you can play them, here is your solution:

You need to arrange your wall records as 2-3-4-5, not 5-3-4-2.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

wa27 posted:

the secret of the banking PIN mnemonic, unexpectedly revealed

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

wa27 posted:

pretty sure this is a resident evil style puzzle and this code unlocks the door behind the book case in the bedroom that leads to the dungeon where the Crimson skull is.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
freaky, above the YMO and Kraftwerk LPs I have Lizard by King Crimson, not sure if I want to have a go at drawing that one though

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

dorium posted:

pretty sure this is a resident evil style puzzle and this code unlocks the door behind the book case in the bedroom that leads to the dungeon where the Crimson skull is.
If you had a copy of Horror Business you'd want it to be safe

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

caligulamprey posted:

Me when I point out two more loving Residents vinyl releases just got announced yesterday.

Oh yeah. That's the stuff right there. First official release of a Bunny Boy live show in any format, plus two compilations from that era, Arkansas and Ozan. :hellyeah:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I was curious and looked up the price of Katamari the other day. The version I have is $180 now which is insane. Glad I got a 2nd copy of that for a friend for Christmas that year. Cheapest on discogs for any pressing is $120.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dang. The new VMP anthology looks pretty :black101: But way over priced.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/the-story-of-metal-blade?variant=32981560229978

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man it’s so hard for me to pull records out of their protective sleeves without getting my greasy digits all over the platter.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tip the sleeve, let the record slide out and stop it with your thumb, put your finger on the center hole area then pull the sleeve the rest of the way off. Never need to touch the surface.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Third Man revamped their website and now it appears not only can you no longer comment on the Vault’s news articles, but all the past articles’ comments sections are gone, and they all have the same posting date of 25th January 2021. This seems like a pretty backwards way to improve a website!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

pwn posted:

Third Man revamped their website and now it appears not only can you no longer comment on the Vault’s news articles, but all the past articles’ comments sections are gone, and they all have the same posting date of 25th January 2021. This seems like a pretty backwards way to improve a website!!

My favorite new feature is the thing where you can't deactivate your account. I'm not sure why you'd miss those comment sections. They were nothing bout people pissing and moaning about every single little detail of every announcement. They probably yeeted that poo poo for this exact reason, like when IMDB got rid of their forums a few years back.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

pwn posted:

Sounds like they took some advice from Vinyl Me, Please 😅😅😅😅😅

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

My favorite new feature is the thing where you can't deactivate your account. I'm not sure why you'd miss those comment sections. They were nothing bout people pissing and moaning about every single little detail of every announcement. They probably yeeted that poo poo for this exact reason, like when IMDB got rid of their forums a few years back.

I mean I was hoping the timestamps of posts would give some clue as to the actual posting date of the article but nope.

I’m bummed I missed out on Vault #16 that was shipped out a few weeks back :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I mean I was hoping the timestamps of posts would give some clue as to the actual posting date of the article but nope.

I’m bummed I missed out on Vault #16 that was shipped out a few weeks back :(

If it makes you feel better you missed that package by several years. I have no idea why that is dated January 2021 because the next one is like 47 or there about.

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

If it makes you feel better you missed that package by several years. I have no idea why that is dated January 2021 because the next one is like 47 or there about.

That was my point, literally every news post is dated 25th January 2021 with no way to find the original dates

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Oh yeah. That's the stuff right there. First official release of a Bunny Boy live show in any format, plus two compilations from that era, Arkansas and Ozan. :hellyeah:

I feel slightly bad saying this, but I think this is the first time I've seen residents cover art that looks like what listening to the music feels like

JAMOOOL posted:

I did this once for a goon retrogame exchange for when I was sending a game that didn't have a cover, where I inadvertently made the guy on the front of the lethal enforcers box look like jeremy clarkson

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hexwren posted:

I feel slightly bad saying this, but I think this is the first time I've seen residents cover art that looks like what listening to the music feels like

I did this once for a goon retrogame exchange for when I was sending a game that didn't have a cover, where I inadvertently made the guy on the front of the lethal enforcers box look like jeremy clarkson

He thought the soundtrack was by Genesis and happily posed for the picture. And then punched a PA.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

hexwren posted:

I absolutely adore the earlier hand-drawn/assembled covers, but this era of the band was especially rough with album art - they were really fixated on Poser 3D software and it was a real Iron Maiden Dance of Death situation:

:gonk:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
All still better than Dance of Death

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Finished a discography today that I'd been building for a good while now

:negative:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

That was my point, literally every news post is dated 25th January 2021 with no way to find the original dates

Oh, I misunderstood. Anyway I wonder how many emails they've been flooded with about how many problems there must be with that new site because if they can't figure out the whole cancelling the subscription thing Christ knows what else is wrong with it.

hexwren posted:

I'd honestly rather have that than the actual cover.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nice collection! I've been seeing a lot of his stuff in the new arrivals bin at my local the few times I've visited lately, definitely whole collections someone jettisoned at the same time. I have to imagine all the woke types are abandoning ship. Which hey, that's your prerogative, but learn to separate the art from the artist a little bit. I'm sure a walk through these collections would turn up LPs of all sorts of people way more terrible than someone that supported a lovely politician

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Barry posted:

Nice collection! I've been seeing a lot of his stuff in the new arrivals bin at my local the few times I've visited lately, definitely whole collections someone jettisoned at the same time. I have to imagine all the woke types are abandoning ship. Which hey, that's your prerogative, but learn to separate the art from the artist a little bit. I'm sure a walk through these collections would turn up LPs of all sorts of people way more terrible than someone that supported a lovely politician

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I've listened to the Smiths for the past 20 years. I dig the art even if the artist is a massive rear end in a top hat.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

stealie72 posted:

I've listened to the Smiths for the past 20 years. I dig the art even if the artist is a massive rear end in a top hat.

I'm not sure what you mean. Morrissey died in the late 80s.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. Morrissey died in the late 80s.
Ha, thanks for telling me that. I feel much better now. *winks and does that santa nose touch thing

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

bonus: when I picked up the last four today they rang up for 88 EUR :v:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Barry posted:

Which hey, that's your prerogative, but learn to separate the art from the artist a little bit.

I'm all for separating the art from the artist. That said, someone who's capable of that separation is not superior to someone unwilling to let their money go to scumbags, which is what you're implying here.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm all for separating the art from the artist. That said, someone who's capable of that separation is not superior to someone unwilling to let their money go to scumbags, which is what you're implying here.

I don't want to get into the whole "art from the artist debate" so I'll just add that there's also a bit of nuance to it. A lot of people are lovely or do lovely stuff, but a lot of people are way worse than others. There can be a grey area but I'm also not going to say someone's wrong if they're like "gently caress (name), I'm not going to listen to their poo poo!" because that's perfectly valid.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

CPL593H posted:

I don't want to get into the whole "art from the artist debate" so I'll just add that there's also a bit of nuance to it. A lot of people are lovely or do lovely stuff, but a lot of people are way worse than others. There can be a grey area but I'm also not going to say someone's wrong if they're like "gently caress (name), I'm not going to listen to their poo poo!" because that's perfectly valid.

Yeah, exactly. I'm all for not letting your money go to scumbags and do it as much as anyone. It's nobody's responsibility to endlessly stay up to date on who is or isn't a scumbag or to in any way justify your decision that, say, Ariel Pink isn't ok but Phil Spector is.

But it's ok to enjoy things made by lovely people (and also not wanting to give them any more money in the future) because if you didn't there wouldn't be much left to enjoy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Barry posted:

Yeah, exactly. I'm all for not letting your money go to scumbags and do it as much as anyone. It's nobody's responsibility to endlessly stay up to date on who is or isn't a scumbag or to in any way justify your decision that, say, Ariel Pink isn't ok but Phil Spector is.

But it's ok to enjoy things made by lovely people (and also not wanting to give them any more money in the future) because if you didn't there wouldn't be much left to enjoy.

Well it's also worth mentioning in this case that Phil Spector is dead so even if you do buy a bunch of poo poo he produced you're not giving him money.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

Well it's also worth mentioning in this case that Phil Spector is dead so even if you do buy a bunch of poo poo he produced you're not giving him money.

That’s what he wants you to think

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

How were the riots?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

JAMOOOL posted:

You should send that to the band.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Kraftwerk is properly listened to in German IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Kraftwerk is properly listened to in German IMO.

Fun, fun, fun on de autobahn.