Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

My bud and I were grinding Osiris Quickplay for hours the other night and he got pissed to discover none of it counts toward the Crucible Challenge thing going on, as he merely wanted to keep track of himself against the pack.

Like, lmao that Bungie's incompetence even translates to a promotion because some people may play on two different maps and therefore their playtime shouldn't count for some reason.

See? I know how stupid and bad Bungho is!

Oh, you barely register while I am exquisitely retarded. Can't you tell?

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

My bud and I were grinding Osiris Quickplay for hours the other night and he got pissed to discover none of it counts toward the Crucible Challenge thing going on, as he merely wanted to keep track of himself against the pack.

Like, lmao that Bungie's incompetence even translates to a promotion because some people may play on two different maps and therefore their playtime shouldn't count for some reason.

See? I know how stupid and bad Bungho is!

Oh, you barely register while I am exquisitely retarded. Can't you tell?

The what now?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
D1 nightfall is rainbow burn daybreak if u need 2 nutt

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

edit: They're still cross promoting with Rockstar?

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 30, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm officially a Monster man now that they have those weird rear end clear cans

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Monster Hunter missed a good energy drink cross promotion campaign.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

And that's all my message has been about, the perspective that we knew this was going to be a trek. We can be unhappy about it until we reach the destination,

gently caress this is the dumbest goddamn thing ive read all week. Take this life is a journey bullshit and stuff it. The game was bought assuming that the base game would operate if not on the level of the last game then pretty close. And as everyone has seen that is truly not the loving case.

This is some weird rear end bungie apologist nonsense and its weirding me out. Whatever this pile of crap is it isnt good and its destination is the garbage can.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is a journey to good and i am in my little oasis i think as i solo drop against 3 void hunters and one rando all with midas uriels and cluster rockets.

Someday i will cross this desert to a land of bounty i think playing savathuns song for the 400th time.

Mercury is like the desert i contemplate staring at nothing while i attack a yellow bar since there is only a single event in the dlc map and its not running.

This is good i think sucking down two tokens and a blue.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wow, I never heard of that. That first place guy really wants that motorcycle!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Am I legend yet?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

ZeusCannon posted:

This is good i think sucking down two tokens and a blue.

Washing it down with a sins of the pabst?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

This was days ago, only hours after I signed up. Apparently the contest had already been on for some days before that but nobody knew. (Most of those signsups happened that evening, when the thing was discovered)

One kill from perfection :negative:

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 30, 2018

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/956752373514317824

:thunk:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Well if he's playing monster hunter he can't be ruining Destiny right?

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Has anyone has any luck trying to get characters recovered if your account was not hacked nor the characters manually deleted? I lost my characters when I logged in yesterday and Bungie's support article tells me that they do not recover characters for any reason. I don't want to lose all the time and progress I spent on the game.

If they can't, well I'm giving the game up.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Has anyone has any luck trying to get characters recovered if your account was not hacked nor the characters manually deleted? I lost my characters when I logged in yesterday and Bungie's support article tells me that they do not recover characters for any reason. I don't want to lose all the time and progress I spent on the game.

i've literally never heard of this happening, but congrats?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

If you're on console, are you sure you didn't log into a different user profile other than your own?

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

If you're on console, are you sure you didn't log into a different user profile other than your own?

Yes, I did check that. I even made a new character and rushed to the Farm. All the items in my vault are still there, but anything that was equipped on my Hunter and Titan are toast.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
I guess I should feel lucky to have not played D1 ever?

I've been having quite a bit of fun playing this game, without having a chance to even try either of the raids. The only real gripes I have is PVP should be 6v6, and it doesn't seem like my 335 Uriels is any stronger than when it was my 290 Uriels. It would also be nice if I had friends, because doing the Nightfall with randoms with no mics is not very fun. Hopefully my new BDSM goon-mates will help in that department.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are you sure someone in your household isn't just trying to get you to do less gaming

Divine Styler posted:

it doesn't seem like my 335 Uriels is any stronger than when it was my 290 Uriels.

This is correct, the number on the gun doesn't matter in PVP. Even in D1 in the modes where it did the effect was very minor except across large level ranges.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Divine Styler posted:

I guess I should feel lucky to have not played D1 ever?

I've been having quite a bit of fun playing this game, without having a chance to even try either of the raids. The only real gripes I have is PVP should be 6v6, and it doesn't seem like my 335 Uriels is any stronger than when it was my 290 Uriels. It would also be nice if I had friends, because doing the Nightfall with randoms with no mics is not very fun. Hopefully my new BDSM goon-mates will help in that department.

D1 is absolutely terrific but it does make D2 hideous by comparison.

6v6 coming sooner than later so yay.

https://youtu.be/-N-bg8Vn2os this will explain that 335 vs 290 feel.

Yeah, play with others and have fun. You seem a chill boi, you'll be in good company.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

go back to reddit with this poo poo, the man is allowed to play games that aren’t destiny when he’s not at work

jesus

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Legs Benedict posted:

go back to reddit with this poo poo, the man is allowed to play games that aren’t destiny when he’s not at work

jesus

Yeah, if anything the problem with D2 (coming from someone who didn't play d1) was it felt like they hadn't played enough good modern games. It still felt like I was playing halo with a few things Bungie may have heard about bolted on rather than actually implementing things like mobility or powers in a fun and good way.

How many times did you get caught up on some fiddly bit of geometry or get launched in random directions because they used some shareware physics engine when trying to actually run and gun in the campaign? I eventually learned it wasn't worth it to try and do the cool things, just plink away from outside of cover then duck back to regen health.

Hell even cover shooters have gotten better with actual ways to interact with cover.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Id be ok with a bit more halo since it means sticky grenades wouldnt suck anymore

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

If you finish in the top 10 you can get a collector’s edition of the game you just played to finish in the top 10.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How come Destiny 2 wasn't $40 if their master plan for it was for it to suck for a year then

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pre Order this game that isn't done, but we promise it'll get done in a couple years after release!!

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Pre Order this game that isn't done, but we promise it'll get done in a couple years after release!!

The long term plan for Destiny is to merge it with Star Citizen.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

To be fair that is almost the standard for early access stuff at this point.

To be unfair this is a AAA game by an established studio and it feels like they didnt even know they were releasing some days.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46585

patch notes

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
So... I get my PS4 back from the PS4 repair factory tomorrow and get to start playing D2 again.
Other than the last two weeks, what did I miss? Something about 6v6? Will there be man-able turrets and maps larger than speed ball?

Also, the PS4 factory warrantee covers you're dog breaking your USB port by ripping out the cable. Just an FYI.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Other than the last two weeks, what did I miss? Something about 6v6? Will there be man-able turrets and maps larger than speed ball?

A lot of promises

6v6 is one of them, eventually.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Next up, on Salt of our Lives: People angry that MW Armor makes you harder to kill during your super. "BUT NOW ILL NEVER COMPLETE THIS ONE CRUCIBLE CHALLENGE! REEERRRRRGH! BUNGIE! CHANGE MY DIAP AGAIN"

brb testing lens

e:

quote:

Adjusted the display order of gear sockets (mods, shaders, etc.) in the Item Details screen to be more consistent

cool word

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 30, 2018

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Has "I get killed too quickly using my super! :qq:" been a thing with people or what? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how turning some supers into tanks has been the priority instead of, oh I dunno, making more than a handful of guns the only viable options in crucible in a game about collecting guns.

Not bitter, though. I'm still gonna play the crap out of IB. With Nameless/PO/SotP, just like everyone else. Or maybe we'll see people shake things up with a MIDA/Uriels, or even a Purpose/Last Hope/Colony. The possibilities are endless existent!

PSN yamdankee

Lookin for them sweet [KINK] 4-stacks every night. :getin:

O_P
Sep 4, 2006

Bots ain't nothing but bolts and bling.

the good fax machine posted:

What's stopping you just staying logged in and not actively playing? It looks like it's just completed matches, not matches won.
I've been seeing heaps of AFK players in crucible lately, maybe this explains it.

I don't think there would be any way to catch up at this point though, that top person has quite the lead.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yamdankee posted:

Has "I get killed too quickly using my super! :qq:" been a thing with people or what? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how turning some supers into tanks has been the priority
Ever try using arcstrider super in pvp? It is... lacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

yamdankee posted:

Has "I get killed too quickly using my super! :qq:" been a thing with people or what? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how turning some supers into tanks has been the priority instead of, oh I dunno, making more than a handful of guns the only viable options in crucible in a game about collecting guns.

Nahhh, I just now here made that up. But now that I've said it... :shrug: