Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Accretionist posted:

And, iirc, their fishing fleet is the world's largest, state-backed and quite aggressive in this domain. They stand apart.

In climate change debates it is very convenient to have somebody else to shoulder all the blame. Can't reduce our ghg emissions in the west, the REAL problem is China and/or India. Almost 3 billion people and have you seen how foreign they look? Very scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bathtub Cheese posted:

have you considered....
China good?

yes

lol

lmao

no country is good

even canada treats native americans almost as bad as the us does

loving canada

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Gringostar posted:

yes

lol

lmao

no country is good

even canada treats native americans almost as bad as the us does

loving canada

upholding Klanada as a relatively benign seeming country, confirmed lib

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Cuba is good, idiot. Moron.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bathtub Cheese posted:

upholding Klanada as a relatively benign seeming country, confirmed lib

i mean, the nation of klanada has colonized less countries in it's entire history than china has in the last 70 years so...

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Gringostar posted:

i mean, the nation of klanada has colonized less countries in it's entire history than china has in the last 70 years so...

Just erasing all those natives, eh? I suppose tribes aren't real countries, why, they didn't even have flags.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Cuba is good, idiot. Moron.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Gringostar posted:

look at this loving moron

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The competing industrialized human tribes squabbled among themselves as their home became less and less hospitable.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Complications posted:

Just erasing all those natives, eh? I suppose tribes aren't real countries, why, they didn't even have flags.

i didn't know canada was a country when that happened

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

The concept of "canada" is a convenient fiction that masks its role as a vassal of the US

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
My society is better than your society! My society is better than your society! I continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into an extinct species on a dead Earth.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

The concept of "canada" is a convenient fiction that masks its role as a vassal of the US

technically a vassal of england until 1982 but yeah

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Canada, founding member of NATO: "we are anti-imperialist"

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Rime posted:

My society is better than your society! My society is better than your society! I continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into an extinct species on a dead Earth.

I mean it’s worth spending time setting the record straight now that it’s inevitable so any extraterrestrials know who to blame (whitey)

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Gringostar posted:

i didn't know canada was a country when that happened
:hmmyes:

After all, when Canada was a mere colony, it was effectively ruled by rich white people, and now its ruled by...

*checks notes*

The descendents of those rich white people. Truly, a regime change that absolved all sins.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Junkozeyne posted:

In climate change debates it is very convenient to have somebody else to shoulder all the blame. Can't reduce our ghg emissions in the west, the REAL problem is China and/or India. Almost 3 billion people and have you seen how foreign they look? Very scary.

If you keep it that abstract, you invite denialism.

And if you give #1 offenders of things a pass, you invite [well if they aren't why should we?] or similar.

'They're illustrative examples and what they need to do, we need to do.'

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Gringostar posted:

this is an interesting logic where canada being created wholly on colonized land doesn't count but PRC being created partly on colonized land does

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Smash the state

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
End the concept of the nation state

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Complications posted:

:hmmyes:

After all, when Canada was a mere colony, it was effectively ruled by rich white people, and now its ruled by...

*checks notes*

The descendents of those rich white people. Truly, a regime change that absolved all sins.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

It is settled, China is better than Canada.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mayor Dave posted:

End the concept of the nation state

you're almost there

end what makes up the nation state

i.e. humanity

luckily we're doing a great job as a species of doing just that

shame about all the other species we're taking down with us

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

It is settled, China is better than Canada.

No , Klanada was settled

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Accretionist posted:

If you keep it that abstract, you invite denialism.

And if you give #1 offenders of things a pass, you invite [well if they aren't why should we?] or similar.

'They're illustrative examples and what they need to do, we need to do.'

As a living human you are not a passive spectator. So when you single out China in a problem that actually happens world wide (and western countries have a proud history in) you are just deflecting. The fishing industry is bad and you should focus your efforts where you can actually make a difference, at home.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

China has an ongoing nutrition policy effort to reduce meat consumption that would be unthinkable in any Western country

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

Rah! posted:

europe, america, and china are all responsible for turning the climate death dial up to 69,000

True. Though China still has a couple more decades at an insane output just to reach USA's total contribution to the atmosphere (so far). China being the epitome of late bloomers and all.

Let's hope they never reach that. Let's also hope the USA stops adding so much at the same time. It's a bit hosed that we can completely stop emitting carbon after today, and we'll still be in the carbon emissions lead for at least another generation. And that's assuming no one else ever reduces.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bathtub Cheese posted:

China has an ongoing nutrition policy effort to reduce meat consumption that would be unthinkable in any Western country

i hear it's been really effective along the mekong river

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lotsa people arguing about which world power's capitalist elites' dicks taste better

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

Gringostar posted:

i hear it's been really effective along the mekong river

trying is bad

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bathtub Cheese posted:

trying is bad

Saying you're trying but not is also bad

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Saying you're trying but not is also bad

Not what is happening sir

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

lotsa people arguing about which world power's capitalist elites' dicks taste better

:emptyquote:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This pointless slapfight has lasted three hours. During that time, three million tonnes of carbon have been spewed into the atmosphere by human activity.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Rime posted:

"i'm not owned!!! i'm not owned" i screech loudly as we descend into digital feudalism in a wasted world

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

It’s good to note who’s worse since that’s an essential component of any honest account of what went wrong. Maybe other lifeforms will learn something or at least get a laugh out of it.

Petty finger pointing and spite are all that’s left of our future anyway, and it’s fun to be right. So there’s that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the capitalist dick gets cured and softened in prison. lol if you’re chewing on the ones still hard from screwing your over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

the capitalist dick gets cured and softened in prison. lol if you’re chewing on the ones still hard from screwing your over.

turn on your monitor