Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Buttass posted:

Why would it be the hulking behemoth when we've already established that Noisemaster is beyond tiny?

I find that the author comment on the page before is basically definitive proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/426650035002961920

:ms:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ugh, how did I miss the fact that the Noiseblaster is shaped like a giant mic? drat I feel dumb now.

Haha this is amazing.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
well those two are just too cute together, so the only choice Gigi has left is to make them join the team. :colbert:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I like the double-meaning in Noisemaster's name. He's not just loud, he's also an obscuring force. While everyone's been worrying about what he'll do he hasn't really done anything but talk. I wonder if the noiseblaster even works. Maybe that's why Mutemaster is trying to keep the princess quiet during the broadcast--to stop it from charging too fast and tipping their hand early.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Talking about signal-to-noise stuff... What happens when you mute your <insert choice of consumer electric music device>? Signal is removed, but noise still reaches the speakers.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I wonder if Mutemaster makes everything go quiet whenever his feet touch the ground.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

They're both inversions of Melody. Raw noise is the opposite of a beautifully composed melody--but so is dead silence.

This is another thing to add to the list of things the all-knowing dream oracle doesn't know. She saw all the bickering and noise in the Melody Kingdom and thought the best solution was to just quiet everything down with a soundproof wall. What they really need is something to help them harmonize.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ohmigosh, this page is my new favorite. Noisemaster and Mutemaster are best buds and I love it.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Fortis posted:

I wonder if Mutemaster makes everything go quiet whenever his feet touch the ground.

There are no words for his sick dance moves.

Gigi could probably pull off a set of no-dialogue all-action dance-battle strips. I'd like to see that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Fortis posted:

I would assume this was his work.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Kikas posted:

I would assume this was his work.

Yeah, I think so too, but there's gotta be a reason he walks on his hands. I'm guessing that the noise-cancelling field effect just happens if he stands upright.

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

Looking back at some older panels, when Noisemaster is talking to the Nightmare Knight, he mentions that 'his boy' and him are working together on a plan. Guess we know who that is now. :3:
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-355/

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I kept thinking Mutemaster's feet were ears.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

wdarkk posted:

I kept thinking Mutemaster's feet were ears.

No, they are clearly limbs. Have this supplementary picture from Gigis twitter.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I think you guys might be overthinking things just a tad. It's pretty clear here that Noisemaster and Mutemaster are notes and rests.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I wonder what Power-button Master is going to be like.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Superstring posted:

It'll just be a computer. To defeat it, Team Cucumber will have to locate its power button.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Superstring posted:

It's Cosmo, calling it now.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's Cosmo, calling it now.

He's certainly a master of disaster. I'd believe he's got capital letters on those.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dan Zazzera's been making some animations (http://theferdescape.tumblr.com there's a Graveyard Quest there too)

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Oh my god, this page is so pretty.

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 26, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nautilus :catstare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Legato snapped something in Nautilus and there's no going back.

Either that, or it was always there; waiting to be unleashed. :unsmigghh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nautilus, aka Bruce Banner

"Wanna know my secret? I'm always crazy" :catstare:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Cuco is clearly cruisin' for a bruisin'.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Cuco, the early years :eyepop:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

She's just had a long day. Kidnapped, forced into acting in a creepy play, now possibly going into multiple boss battles... it's been rough.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

That's great though. People sometimes forget that everyone starts somewhere and by sticking it out you can end up with great results in the end. Cause drat it if Cucumber Quest isn't one of the most gorgeous comics out there now.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

So is Cucumber Quest something that she's been kicking around in her head for a while?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Line Feed posted:

So is Cucumber Quest something that she's been kicking around in her head for a while?

That's normal. I know that Jeff Smith has been drawing Bone since he was 10 years old.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 26, 2014

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Line Feed posted:

I know she was posting early artwork of it back when she was doing her "hiimdaisy" comics blog, and this looks even earlier.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Line Feed posted:

Yeah, even back when here blog was mostly just Ace Attorney fanart concept art for this and the other project she's been working on would show up.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Line Feed posted:

I believe Gigi has said she's been thinking about since she was 13/14 or something like that.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Just noticed, Mutemaster is all fuzzy. Clearly all part of the soundproofing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Line Feed posted:

In the new CQ book extra features she mentions that some of her earliest Nautilus concept art goes back to 2005. So yeah she's been thinking about this for ages.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Almond what are you doing? You're going to upset Piano!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Clearly they'll use Almond to power the last 1%.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
She also killed that adorable moment. Just look at them in panel 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So is his weakness that he has terrible balance? Seriously, Almond said two words and he falls over.