Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Action Yak Police posted:

Just had a dream that the Smiling God showed up and declared itself the mayor. (Spoilers in case that somehow magically loving happens. Can you imagine?)

Also I'm jealous as hell of everyone who got to go to the live show.

Don't worry. Eventually, there will cease to be a mayor. History Week never lies, not about the past, not about the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Got my tix for Ottawa on July 3rd! This is gonna be awesome!

Now taking costume suggestions.

My Sixth Doctor coat got all the attention at the NYC live show but that's probably out of your price range and interests.

Kevin wore ridiculous orange shorts in the live show, try that maybe?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

DoctorWhat posted:

My Sixth Doctor coat got all the attention at the NYC live show.

I can't help but think that a lot of that was due to general confusion about your choice of costume for a Night Vale show.

dj_clawson fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 11, 2014

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Got my tix for Ottawa on July 3rd! This is gonna be awesome!

Now taking costume suggestions.

As many live squids as you can manage.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

dj_clawson posted:

I can't help but think that a lot of that was due to general confusion about your choice of costume for a Night Vale show.

I spent a lot of money on it and I knew the demographics.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yeah there is definitely a huge overlap in the Night Vale/Dr. Who fanbases. Also Hannibal and Supernatural.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Earwicker posted:

Yeah there is definitely a huge overlap in the Night Vale/Dr. Who fanbases. Also Hannibal and Supernatural.

For future reference you can just say "Tumblr", it'd probably be quicker.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Silentman0 posted:

For future reference you can just say "Tumblr", it'd probably be quicker.

Tangential, but literally the only thing I know about Supernatural is that it has lots of fanfiction where two brothers get each other butt-pregnant.

...Mine is not unlike a sheltered rural life lived in a garbage dump.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Earwicker posted:

There's one Big Finish Doctor Who radio play from several years back called "The Natural History of Fear" that bears some remarkable resemblances to the Desert Bluffs portions of WTNV, to the point where quotes from them are really difficult to distinguish.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
JAWS SLASH FIC?!?!?

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
My brain temporarily shut down when I heard that.
Also the mostly nude angel in an expensive suit jacket was awesome.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

dragon_pamcake posted:

My brain temporarily shut down when I heard that.
Also the mostly nude angel in an expensive suit jacket was awesome.

Yeah, it took me a second to make the connection but it was nice to hear from Markus Erica Erika.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Kevin loves his Strex Pet almost as much as he likes working with Lauren. :allears:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I love the opening speech by Lauren and Kevin. You can kinda see where they're coming from with the whole 'Night Vale is a horrible place' thing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Great episode. Cant wait for July 1st now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really want to know what the Mission Statement was.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
gently caress yeah, Tamika!

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really want to know what the Mission Statement was.

Wasn't it the previously played sound of a 'giant dragging its prone, misshapen body across baked, waterless earth' from Episode 47?

Kevin said it was a mandatory part of their broadcast. I think it's the sound of the Smiling God coming closer.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

In my head I always pictured Night Vale and it's inhabitants as being composed of shadows, as though in sillouette, atop a purple background with a big white moon suspended within. I imagine desert bluffs in a similar manner, but atop a yellow background with an orange sun. The talk about night Vale being nothing without shadow, then, really spoke to me. When Cecil said that the town was being overrun with a terrible light, I imagined a group having their shadow washed away from them (revealing people's actual forms for the first time) as the purple background turned red, then orange, then yellow, then white.

Wandering Knitter posted:

I love the opening speech by Lauren and Kevin. You can kinda see where they're coming from with the whole 'Night Vale is a horrible place' thing.

But it's OUR horrible place!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Well I'm glad we finally learned Hiram McDaniels' primary talking head's color at long last.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Does anyone happen to know whether this was recorded from the earlier or later show?

I tried listening for my own voice shouting "SCIENCE" when Carlos and Dana were talking about heroes but it probably wasn't picked up by any mics anyway.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So in this new episode, tumblr is canon?

:suicide:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MariusLecter posted:

So in this new episode, tumblr is canon?

:suicide:

So is Snapchat!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Rose Spirit posted:

Does anyone happen to know whether this was recorded from the earlier or later show?

I tried listening for my own voice shouting "SCIENCE" when Carlos and Dana were talking about heroes but it probably wasn't picked up by any mics anyway.

It's a mix of the two, sometimes shifting mid-scene. Just tried to get the best version of each moment.

Caros
May 14, 2008

maxnmona posted:

It's a mix of the two, sometimes shifting mid-scene. Just tried to get the best version of each moment.

That's really cool actually. Props to your editor for the fact I didn't notice any edits at all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really wish it was the 1st already:-(

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Caros posted:

That's really cool actually. Props to your editor for the fact I didn't notice any edits at all.

I noticed one edit but I assumed they were just cutting out excessive applause.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

maxnmona posted:

Aha, I thought I recognized some lines but not others. Thanks!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Caros posted:

As the editor, thanks.

senae posted:

I noticed one edit but I assumed they were just cutting out excessive applause.

It might not have even been an edit. The sound guy was cutting out the mics when no one was talking, so there's a few points on the master recordings where applause jumps out or in when someone leaves or steps up to a mic, making it sound like a weird edit.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I haven't been keeping up, but just to confirm, when The Librarian gets released, will it take place before or after Parade Day?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

BiggerJ posted:

I haven't been keeping up, but just to confirm, when The Librarian gets released, will it take place before or after Parade Day?

Its well before Parade Day.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I would really, REALLY like a NVCR travel mug instead of a coffee cup.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Holy poo poo guys... replay value on this show. Listen to the lead in to and then the weather during "Parade day" after you know what happens/is happening during it. gently caress if I didn't tear up.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Holy poo poo guys... replay value on this show. Listen to the lead in to and then the weather during "Parade day" after you know what happens/is happening during it. gently caress if I didn't tear up.

Agreed, but "Take up your spade" makes me weepy anyway, and it fits so goddamn perfectly in that scene.

Seriously, if you haven't listened to much Sara Watkins or Nickel Creek, you have lived a deprived existence.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

dragon_pamcake posted:

I would really, REALLY like a NVCR travel mug instead of a coffee cup.

Yeah, same here. I'd totally upgrade my work travel mug from Greendale Community College to Night Vale Community Radio.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What a horrifically perfect place to put the break for Part 2.

Also Nthing the sentiments for a Night Vale travel mug. I already have a coffee mug but I need more containers that most definitely are not covered in scorpions/full of human teeth I'm sure weren't there when I poured my coffee this morning.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Bussamove posted:

I already have a coffee mug but I need more containers that most definitely are not covered in scorpions/full of human teeth I'm sure weren't there when I poured my coffee this morning.

You really need to get the Faceless Old Woman her own mug. She seems to prefer ones with pictures of inside-out birds or antique medical supplies.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

I'm totally staying up late tonight to hear part B. Dying here.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
What time are episodes generally released? I've never get caught up until a while after they are released so I don't know. Is it right at midnight or later in the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I think they usually are available either 11pm or 12am Central Time. They definitely are available at 12:30.