Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

or the one where he threatens to kill bart if he can't stop tony's horse from being gay.

i can't tell if this is a joke lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

Last Sunday they had Homer find out Maggie is a savant at whistling. It was loving terrible.

at what point does this stop

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Jose posted:

i can't tell if this is a joke lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F61wlyjJv1U

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This is not an edit or a fan thing by the way, this is very real

I also didn't realize how Family Guy-ish it was until I saw that clip isolated like that, and god does the modern animation suck dicks

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Not long now until this thread reaches 100 pages. Then we'll need a "What was the lowest point of the 'What was the lowest point of the Simpsons' thread" thread.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Not long now until this thread reaches 100 pages. Then we'll need a "What was the lowest point of the 'What was the lowest point of the Simpsons' thread" thread.

it was the clips in the op

lol being a simpsons writer has to be the easiest job in the world

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A room full of adults who get paid more than I will ever make reviewed the script for that scene, green lit it, and then nodded approvingly at the final product, proud of their efforts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

al jean should pay for his crimes

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Code Jockey posted:

I also didn't realize how Family Guy-ish it was until I saw that clip isolated like that, and god does the modern animation suck dicks

..That WAS a Family Guy clip, right?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I like how about 2 3rds in they went gently caress it and just started reversing the horse's dance animation.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

:chloe:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Jose posted:

al jean should pay for his crimes

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jose posted:

it was the clips in the op

nah. those are bad, but they will find a way to get worse. the lowest point is always right now.

(while this is a guess based on clips and I haven't actually watched an entire new simpsons episode in years, I doubt anyone can prove me wrong)

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
idk this thread is still in season 12 or 13 at worst

it's a long trip to the bottom boys, see you in 100 more pages or so

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Delete the thread, start a new one with the same OP, then have everyone painstakingly repost in order and pretend that nothing happened.

Then, do that at least twice more without acknowledging anything has changed at all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

That horse is a Homer Sexual.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The horse rapes Homer too??

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Up yours, children

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My favourite joke I don't remember from a kid is

Lisa: [reading from the pamphlet] The Duff Beer-amid contains so much aluminum it would take five men to lift it. 22 immigrant laborers died during its construction.

Selma: Eh, there's plenty more where that came from.

The snort noise she makes is amazing.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Code Jockey posted:

Perspective/depth is all hosed up. I thought that maintaining proper perspective is what soulless computers are good at.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I watched the first 2 episodes of Season 29 and I didn’t find anything particularly offensive. I even enjoyed some jokes. Weird. I think the show is now just kinda boring, compared to seasons 12-25ish when it was actively embarrassing to watch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Code Jockey posted:

its a really, really loving UGLY show. the old style was kinda ugly too but at least it had character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

THE BAR posted:

..That WAS a Family Guy clip, right?

as bad as it is, family guy is still much better than current simpsons. think about that for a while.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Last Sunday they had Homer find out Maggie is a savant at whistling. It was loving terrible.
real high stakes poo poo right here
Archer has some of the best CGI animation i've ever seen on a tv show. how can the show that gave Fox enough of a tv presence to run two cable channels have CGI that looks so amateurish?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They know people will watch it no matter how lovely it is, so why even try or spend more money than they have to?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

as bad as it is, family guy is still much better than current simpsons. think about that for a while.

Oh no, I like Family Guy...... Except that I can't stop noticing their drat hands opening and closing every time anyone talks. It's maddening.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

THE BAR posted:

Oh no, I like Family Guy...... Except that I can't stop noticing their drat hands opening and closing every time anyone talks. It's maddening.

What have you done to me

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Olaf The Stout posted:

What have you done to me

Sorry! ...Would you like me to spoiler that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

THE BAR posted:

Sorry! ...Would you like me to spoiler that?

Too late!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

THE BAR posted:

Also they stand stiff as a board with their hands at their sides or arms crossed at all times. When it's a character's turn to speak, their arms snap to the same few positions for "expression." The Seth shows have the laziest animation outside of low budget stuff like Archer where it's excused.

New Family Guy is funnier than new Simpsons by far. It wouldn't be half bad if every episode didn't have to have a character get brutally cut up and other weird, random mean-spirited scenes.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
That horse clip is crazy too because nothing about the way it moves reads as gay. It just turns around in a circle. The only thing that makes it read as gay is the song

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Also they stand stiff as a board with their hands at their sides or arms crossed at all times. When it's a character's turn to speak, their arms snap to the same few positions for "expression." The Seth shows have the laziest animation outside of low budget stuff like Archer where it's excused.

New Family Guy is funnier than new Simpsons by far. It wouldn't be half bad if every episode didn't have to have a character get brutally cut up and other weird, random mean-spirited scenes.

Funnier sure but still awful

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I thought that was true for almost all modern cartoons; only one character may be animated at a time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Riptor posted:

That horse clip is crazy too because nothing about the way it moves reads as gay. It just turns around in a circle. The only thing that makes it read as gay is the song

Remember when the whole steel industry was gay? That was a good clip.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Remember when the whole steel industry was gay? That was a good clip.

We work hard, we play hard.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't think I'd call Family Guy's animation particularly lazy, they do go to pretty extreme lengths when they do their action sequences. When it's just two people talking, yeah, there's not a lot going on, but it's no worse than any other show. The highs are higher. I hate the show, but it's animation isn't that bad.

Weirdly Archer has probably 1/6 the budget per episode (A Family Guy episode costs $2m) but looks so much better. The creators definitely know how to work around their limits, and at least early on, it looks slicker and slicker by the episode. Once they get the hang of their tools and limitations the show starts to look pretty good. It feels like they actually bother to storyboard that show, and it helps.

The Simpsons currently looks like they took the original busted-looking but charming Klasky Csupo poo poo the first few seasons was on, and then squished it into the same software that Family Guy uses.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Watched an episode yesterday where Nelson masturbates behind a bush then expresses shame.

Uh.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Watched an episode yesterday where Nelson masturbates behind a bush then expresses shame.

Uh.

Bart really shouldn't have sold his soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

well why not posted:

I don't think I'd call Family Guy's animation particularly lazy, they do go to pretty extreme lengths when they do their action sequences. When it's just two people talking, yeah, there's not a lot going on, but it's no worse than any other show. The highs are higher. I hate the show, but it's animation isn't that bad.

Weirdly Archer has probably 1/6 the budget per episode (A Family Guy episode costs $2m) but looks so much better. The creators definitely know how to work around their limits, and at least early on, it looks slicker and slicker by the episode. Once they get the hang of their tools and limitations the show starts to look pretty good. It feels like they actually bother to storyboard that show, and it helps.

The Simpsons currently looks like they took the original busted-looking but charming Klasky Csupo poo poo the first few seasons was on, and then squished it into the same software that Family Guy uses.

So this episode of the simpsons with The babysitter bandit was going to be the original episode but it was so bad they had to delay it to the end of season while they fixed everything. Apart from a few lazy background bits, I kinda like it, and it's straight up way better and has more character than anything in the last how many seasons..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0RwnvIPdc&t=13s