Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

OctaMurk posted:

New atheism was just a way to launder islamophobia and get people onboard with americas wars in the middle east

I figured it was also partly a foreign psyop to really tug at the schisms in western society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i could have sworn dick dorkins was dead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

yes I think evolution is real, and yes I believe in the 3000 year Hebrew covenant with God

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

certainly haven't heard much about him lately and was happy to keep it that way

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
dickhard buddydorkins

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

racism is probably the most straightforward answer as dawkins' performative atheism always seemed to focus pretty much exclusively on criticism of islam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hitchens is the dead new atheist

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dick dorkins

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

OctaMurk posted:

New atheism was just a way to launder islamophobia and get people onboard with americas wars in the middle east

:hmmyes:

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Al! posted:

Hitchens kicked the bucket some time back, and that Dennett fellow just died too. Only two horsemen remain. Isn’t Sam Harris a terminal lib or something? I haven’t paid attention to him in years.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

hitchens is the dead new atheist

that's who i was thinking of. i recall him being even more vile towards islam, so allah got him first

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Hitchens kicked the bucket some time back, and that Dennett fellow just died too. Only two horsemen remain. Isn’t Sam Harris a terminal lib or something? I haven’t paid attention to him in years.

Dawkins declared himself a “cultural Christian” or something very r worded not too long ago

Sam Harris was the replacement for Hitchens? They’re not sending their best

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Chief McHeath posted:

dersh homie my boombox is round, weighs more than your head and i can hold the built in handle with a closed fist. come and take it.

seriously its a banging harmon kardon speaker though and i cant recommend it enough, its only a hundred bucks on ebay plus you could kill a dershowitz with it https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hk+onyx+6&_sacat=0&_odkw=hk+onyx+5&_osacat=0

tough guy posting
threats of violence
product placement

thats an epic hat trick

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gonna convert from atheism to islam

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

oh brother that ending...

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Rip Testes posted:

oh brother that ending...

Lmfao, incredible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol the columbia commencement is going to be a shitshow

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

There is something kind of hubristic and self-congratulatory about calling the protest area a Liberated Zone or Independent Zone or anything like that tbh

It's deeply cringe. Echoes of 2020 and not in a good way.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

spechtie posted:

McGill encampment in Montreal

This is good though

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Al! posted:

that's who i was thinking of. i recall him being even more vile towards islam, so allah got him first

only redeeming thing he did was change his mind about waterboarding being torture after he had someone waterboard him

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

only redeeming thing he did was change his mind about waterboarding being torture after he had someone waterboard him

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Apparently a real deal nazi trooper tried to infiltrate an encampment but because he proudly posted his crimes on instagram people found out who he was quickly and booted him

===

https://x.com/OnlinePalEng/status/1787078064255402180

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Al-Saqr posted:

Apparently a real deal nazi trooper tried to infiltrate an encampment but because he proudly posted his crimes on instagram people found out who he was quickly and booted him

===

How is Rochman pronounced?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

speng31b posted:

certainly haven't heard much about him lately and was happy to keep it that way

there was a clip of him recently where he said he had christian tendencies but was still an atheist and that made me laugh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

like the blue bomber

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Al! posted:

like the blue bomber

I never thought Capcom would do something worse than canceling Legends 3…

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lmao

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

CaptainBeefart posted:

Rhymes with "Eichmann"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

oh lord

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
god its so funny how people worshipped dawkins at one point. just a miserable person.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Starting to get worried that the guy who is really into genetics might be a racist

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

===

:owned:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

das hipster posted:

Rhymes with "Eichmann"

Lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al-Saqr posted:

===

Lol

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Al-Saqr posted:

===

drat, these kids have a ton of self control

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

god its so funny how people worshipped dawkins at one point. just a miserable person.

It owns lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there was a clip of him recently where he said he had christian tendencies but was still an atheist and that made me laugh

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Butter Activities posted:

Dawkins declared himself a “cultural Christian” or something very r worded not too long ago

Sam Harris was the replacement for Hitchens? They’re not sending their best

dennet was pretty much the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

gonna convert from atheism to islam