Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ah ok, good! The best way to play them would be in order that they were released, but not necessarily one right after the other (do them when you want, really). The order is Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road. I'm sure others could go into detail as to what to expect before each one. One thing though is that all of the DLC is meant to be played pre-endgame; it's not like Broken Steel that extends the ending.

Thematics aside, I'd actually recommend doing Honest Hearts first, and really as soon as you can swing it. DM has a bunch of high-level skill checks and HH's level scaling gets real exciting once you start getting up there, with cazadors and giant mantises that hit like trucks all over, not to mention White Legs armed with riot shotguns and anti-material rifles. In addition, a lot of HH's weapons have very modest skill requirements. Have a way to pass a speech check of 90 for the best ending of HH, or at least 75.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

I know it won't affect everyone the same way...But holy hell, the beginners guide spoke to me in a way that nothing recently has. I came away from it almost in tears from how hard it hit me on a personal level as a mentally struggling artist in a different medium.

Yep.
Yep...
gently caress, man. I know why some people don't call things like that and Stanley are not games but they are art.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Managed to hold off on buying too much by convincing myself some of the deals will be better by the next sale (sorry GTA5, you have to wait).

Craft the World
Disgaea PC
DOOM
Eastside Hockey Manager
Hyperdevotion Noire
Invisible Inc.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate (where all my play time has been going, best $4 ever spent)
Science Girls
Stardew Valley
They Bleed Pixels

Plus I bought DOOM for my brother and a friend and took a ride on the gift train, giving the gift of anime to a lucky goon. I consider this Steam sale a success. :toot:

a good choice. also Stardew Valley is an unbelievable timesink.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

What I got this time:

Devil Daggers
Nom Nom Galaxy
Toy Soldiers: Complete (refunded for being the buggiest game I've ever personally played)
Door Kickers
Pony Island (gift)
Panzermadels (gift)
Napoleon: Total War
Supreme Commander

The only one I didn't like as a game was Supreme Commander. It just didn't jive with me. Everything else (besides TS:Complete obviously) was good, and I wasn't expecting Panzermadels to be such a genuinely funny piss-take.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I went from not being that interested in buying anything at the beginning of the sale to buying around €250 worth of stuff by the end.

Mostly things that were on my wishlist for ages with a few other random things thrown in. Won't need to buy any more games for like a year at this stage.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Plan Z posted:

Toy Soldiers: Complete (refunded for being the buggiest game I've ever personally played)

This poo poo pissed me off so badly because I didn't get any serious glitches until 4 hours in and then I couldn't refund, it's loving bullshit.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Having sales withdrawal? Humble Store is here to save you. A couple deals like Big Pharma that are, in euros at least, slightly better than on Steam.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am far less likely to buy games in the sale now that they do the boring fixed prices.
All I bought was the XCOM Complete pack to get the DLCs.

Instead of more steam games I ended up buying DA Inquisition GOTY for 20 on Origin.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tardcore posted:

This poo poo pissed me off so badly because I didn't get any serious glitches until 4 hours in and then I couldn't refund, it's loving bullshit.

This is a drat shame. Is it like a universal problem, or just hit-or-miss?

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Tardcore posted:

You should still try to get a refund. Unless they changed something recently, Steam sometimes allows refunds outside the playtime and date-since-purchased windows. Just explain the issue with the bugs; it's worth a shot.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a drat shame. Is it like a universal problem, or just hit-or-miss?

Seems to be going by reviews. For me, every single mission had some kind of repeating sound bug, and I never personally closed the game. It decided for me.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Tardcore posted:

(Toy Soldiers Complete) This poo poo pissed me off so badly because I didn't get any serious glitches until 4 hours in and then I couldn't refund, it's loving bullshit.

I actually beat the game and all DLC while it was in Early Access. I did run into a few bugs. One where the level was over, but it wouldnt end it because there was one enemy solider bugged that wasn't dead and was running on the map almost out of range somewhere and one where the last level of the last DLC would just crash to desktop. Other than that, everything worked fine for me. It is a really great game other than that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hmm yeah summer sale hmm

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

put her out to pasture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek