Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious.
Dec 13, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hockey is one of those sports that always surprises me that it has a huge following. Like yeah, of course it does it's a popular sport, but on the other hand who is watching boxing soccer ice skaters???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Sockser posted:

Where can I catch up on this lowtax kidnapping thing

Best place is probably Lowtax's facebook or the closed gbs thread afaik nothing has really changed since it happened.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not really a habs fan, but because they are literally the local team it is written in my genetic code.

However I would like to imagine that you pegged my locale just with my hierarchy of hockey rivalries and nothing else.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pastry of the Year posted:

Bird and I have already said this, multiple times and as clearly as possible, but this thread is not a substitute for QCS, and endlessly litigating recent events wouldn't be productive or helpful even if QCS were currently open.

The remit of this thread is pretty clear; we've allowed for some topical slop because the forums have been wholly occupied by a single blazing elephant, but that's really enough for now, at least as far as this thread is concerned.

I much prefer to ask nicely and see the community right itself, but probations are coming for people who can't or won't drop this subject here.

Thanks Pastry

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious. posted:

Hockey is one of those sports that always surprises me that it has a huge following. Like yeah, of course it does it's a popular sport, but on the other hand who is watching boxing soccer ice skaters???

You describe a sport like this and you wonder who'd want to watch it?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Turtlicious. posted:

I mean it combines the best parts of like 4 different sports

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Turtlicious. posted:

It's so much faster paced than soccer, which makes it fun to watch, unlike, you know, soccer.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly womens olympic/world cup hockey tends to be my choice if I had to chose what hockey to watch. Certainly moreso than the NHL. If you've never really gotten hockey, try watching a womens world cup or olympic game.

Personally, I'm a fan of the truest Canadian sport.
Curling.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hockey is better than soccer because the flopping is real (dude just got slammed into the boards at high speed).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tashilicious posted:

Honestly womens olympic/world cup hockey tends to be my choice if I had to chose what hockey to watch. Certainly moreso than the NHL. If you've never really gotten hockey, try watching a womens world cup or olympic game.

Personally, I'm a fan of the truest Canadian sport.
Curling.

College hockey is also a lot of fun. I went to UConn, and my freshman year we had a terrible team but an amazing goalie. I can really sum up both sides of that with "he stopped 74 out of 75 shots in a game once".

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Hockey is better than soccer because the flopping is real (dude just got slammed into the boards at high speed).

The sound of someone getting waffled into the boards is part of why I goddamn love hockey. So satisfying.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Turtlicious. posted:

Did you really just add a period to your old user name after your last alt got permabanned too lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tashilicious posted:

Not really a habs fan, but because they are literally the local team it is written in my genetic code.

However I would like to imagine that you pegged my locale just with my hierarchy of hockey rivalries and nothing else.

It's easy enough when it's Original Six teams. I couldn't begin to tell you what team someone who hates the Predators the most would be, and that's in my division.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's easy enough when it's Original Six teams. I couldn't begin to tell you what team someone who hates the Predators the most would be, and that's in my division.

Where do you think I put toronto?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

It’s like trying to figure out where someone is from based on the fact someone hates the Devils, they’re from NJ, of course all right-thinking people hate them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tashilicious posted:

Where do you think I put toronto?

My guess is either right above or below the Rangers.

edit:

Hell, I'll take a stab at it!

In order of hate:

1. Bruins
2. Leafs
3. Rangers
4. Red Wings
5. Blackhawks

Turtlicious.
Dec 13, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sid Vicious posted:

Did you really just add a period to your old user name after your last alt got permabanned too lmao

I apologized, and pointed out that when I made those posts, I was dealing with a medical emergency where my insurance was loving up and I couldn't get my brain pills. Nothing actually happened, nothing was actually made. I have new meds now, and am not the same person I was six months ago. Literally A Bird said I was allowed back, as well.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Turtlicious. posted:

I apologized, and pointed out that when I made those posts, I was dealing with a medical emergency where my insurance was loving up and I couldn't get my brain pills. Nothing actually happened, nothing was actually made. I have new meds now, and am not the same person I was six months ago. Literally A Bird said I was allowed back, as well.

Well. Then welcome back

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Your various posts about yourself in the third person while your main account was permabanned were hilarious

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I’m a Portlander who remembers Mario Lemieux keeping the Penguins in Pittsburgh. Talk about conflicted.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turtlicious. posted:

who is watching boxing soccer ice skaters???

IDK, why are you trying your darnedest to make it sound worth watching :confused:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hockey is far and away the most entertaining and coolest professional sport. And during the playoffs it kicks up to a whole different level.

For instance, this happened in that same game I just linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFXDgnXAy0

Which lead to him getting stitched up in the locker room and heading right back out there, which lead to one of the greatest Stanley Cup Trophy pictures of all time:

I like hockey...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hockey good, so what

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Hockey is for people who live in places that are too cold for Nascar

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweevo posted:

hockey is better than nascar

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I would watch the NASCAR Icewinter classic.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Red Bull crashed ice except with cars

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Turtlicious. posted:

Places with a lot of ice

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sweevo posted:

Watkins Glen (and the rest of upstate NY) would like to have a word with you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
keep your walt whitman semen beard away from my zamboni

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sweevo posted:

It's like Nascar if the drivers occasionally stopped and got out to beat each other up, so yeah:

Tashilicious posted:

hockey is better than nascar

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish that Deathrace 2000 was real

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's like Nascar if the drivers occasionally stopped and got out to beat each other up, so yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDcmz8VMew

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish that Deathrace 2000 was real

i feel like we are so close to being in a world where you become the president of the USA by killing the former president of the USA I can taste it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i feel like we are so close to being in a world where you become the president of the USA by killing the former president of the USA I can taste it

isnt that how george hw bush did it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh, the immediately prior president. nm i gotcha.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Okay maybe Nascar was better, briefly

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

isnt that how george hw bush did it

LBJ paving the way yet again!

btw I'm gonna start an "LBJ KIA'd JFK, LOL JK" rumor.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906766&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=48#post500813176

quote:

Per lowtax direct quote: racism and bigotry have no place on these forums. From day one. Including Fyad. It wasn’t enforced.

:thunk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:monocle: that's some revisionism there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't believe anything lowtax has ever said.