Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i keep imagining jaykay doing the virtual insanity dance but then also vogueing and being like "so mysterious" with a whispery echo

idk if thats just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

i keep imagining jaykay doing the virtual insanity dance but then also vogueing and being like "so mysterious" with a whispery echo

idk if thats just me

also he does blue steel

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The 2006 film Ultraviolet, also written and directed by Wimmer, featured much-anticipated "Gun Kata 2.0" scenes, which used a super-powered protagonist and futuristic technology to expand on the Gun Kata ideas created in Equilibrium.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

The 2006 film Ultraviolet, also written and directed by Wimmer, featured much-anticipated "Gun Kata 2.0" scenes, which used a super-powered protagonist and futuristic technology to expand on the Gun Kata ideas created in Equilibrium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bozxgVQ9m0

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

time works the same way

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Newtons_cradle_3_ball_swing_5_ball_system_cropped.gif

:same:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's this janky piece of software called ppjoy that flight sim spergs use to make joysticks work with old games, and when you download it there is this insane screed from the author about how you MAY NOT use the software if you or your business support the zionist occupation of Palestine or use nuclear power or are part of the military-industrial complex!!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
flight sim spergs are all insane.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Shaggar posted:

sim spergs are all insane.

ftfy

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 28, 2017

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sagebrush posted:

there's this janky piece of software called ppjoy that flight sim spergs use to make joysticks work with old games, and when you download it there is this insane screed from the author about how you MAY NOT use the software if you or your business support the zionist occupation of Palestine or use nuclear power or are part of the military-industrial complex!!!!
those flight sim spergs, who are not you, who downloaded this software and know its screed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've never claimed I wasn't a flight sim sperg

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

lol

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I've never claimed I wasn't a flight sim sperg

better a flight sim sperg than a bus driving sperg

like there's little chance i'll get to fly an a-10 to stop the soviet advance through the fulda gap

driving a bus through downtown? idk i could if i wanted to invest a significant amount of time i guess but man

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

also simulators get kind of old quickly when you have to do them for serious

1st year nautical science student: HOLY poo poo A SIMULATOR THIS IS SO COOL

2nd year: oh gently caress i'm gonna fail what is even going on - oh wait this is the actual button for the fog horn? awesome

3rd year: wonder what's edible for lunch

4th year: oh not the loving sim again, i hope that fucker doesn't crash

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why drive a bus through downtown when you can drive it through the desert

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

better a flight sim sperg than a bus driving sperg

like there's little chance i'll get to fly an a-10 to stop the soviet advance through the fulda gap

driving a bus through downtown? idk i could if i wanted to invest a significant amount of time i guess but man

i feel like driving a bus could be accomplished with an almost trivial investment of time and resources but maybe im wrong idk

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

LastInLine posted:

i feel like driving a bus could be accomplished with an almost trivial investment of time and resources but maybe im wrong idk

idk you gotta get the bus company to hire you, get a license and all sorts of poo poo

unless you straight up gta the fucker

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

idk you gotta get the bus company to hire you, get a license and all sorts of poo poo

unless you straight up gta the fucker

quote:

McCollum has been interested in trains from an early age, frequently riding the New York Subway for days at a time. His fixation with trains has led McCollum to frequently impersonate MTA employees or a related entity, for which he has been jailed numerous times. McCollum has been rejected for employment by MTA on numerous occasions, although he is reported to know more about the trains, schedules, procedures and rail operations than any current employee.[1]

A prison psychiatrist who did an evaluation diagnosed him with Asperger syndrome.[2] McCollum is said to have memorized the New York City Subway map by age 8.[3]

It can be noted that Darius McCollum may have been inspired by the antics of Willie Henry Collins, known to the NYPD and Port Authority Officials as "Bus Willie", who was first arrested in 1973 for "borrowing" Greyhound and Trailways buses. [4]

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

LastInLine posted:

idk if getting a CDL and buying a bus for at least $3000 (to get one in working order and all that) is really trivial

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i was thinking more just get a cdl in my spare time and apply for a job with the local transit authority or maybe a school district if that counts dunno how specific this has to be

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
you don't even need a cdl to drive a school bus in most places, just a plain old valid driver's license. but shuttling kids around some cul de sac suburbs aint really the same thing

guy said driving through downtown of a city, you either need to get your own bus for that or try to get a real job, and those are fairly competitive to be honest, plus you'd need a cdl to do it legit

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

fishmech posted:

idk if getting a CDL and buying a bus for at least $3000 (to get one in working order and all that) is really trivial

yeah but we're talking about obsessives here. do you want to bet there is nobody out there who has put more time and money into building an immersive simulation setup than it would have required to just do the thing irl?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i came to post this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_taxi

and it's actually relevant to the derail, aww yeah :cool:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

also simulators get kind of old quickly when you have to do them for serious

1st year nautical science student: HOLY poo poo A SIMULATOR THIS IS SO COOL

2nd year: oh gently caress i'm gonna fail what is even going on - oh wait this is the actual button for the fog horn? awesome

3rd year: wonder what's edible for lunch

4th year: oh not the loving sim again, i hope that fucker doesn't crash

I know this dude who worked for a company that makes software for ship radars, like large sea cargo vessels. It's the kind of 'radar' where you can see other ships around you, and their designation. The company also made simulations so people could learn how to operate the bridge of such a ship.

One time a maintenance guy from the company was doing a routine checkup on a ship when it was in the neighbourhood of where they were located. The maintenance guy called the company about seeing some weird blips on the radar that shouldn't be there.

Turned out that because of some software bug, the fake ships in the simulation were being transmitted to that one real ship's radar system. Oops.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carbon dioxide posted:

Turned out that because of some software bug, the fake ships in the simulation were being transmitted to that one real ship's radar system. Oops.
didnt the same sort of thing (simulation/test data in the live environment) almost lead to world war iii at least once?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomarf

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FMguru posted:

didnt the same sort of thing (simulation/test data in the live environment) almost lead to world war iii at least once?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_close_calls?wprov=sfla1

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog%E2%80%93cat_relationship

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

post the most truthful thing you can find on wikipedia

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The worst article still exists on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_date

Unfortunately someone did some cleaning up recently. It was even worse in January:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=First_date&oldid=691355160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde