Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

In case you missed it, because maybe you cant afford a GameBro subscription.
The second chapter of the Hoopz Barkley Saga has been announced.
http://www.talesofgames.com/

I am happy about this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Cat Mattress posted:

What if you can close someone else's timeloop by masquerading as him?

We've seen this happen!

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003614

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It'd be funny to see a character very deliberately do this to get out of predestination. Like, Rose sees Lord English killing Jade in a vision, so she very meticulously constructs a Lord English costume and gets Jade to pantomime her own death in exactly the manner that the vision showed her.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

starfish prime posted:

This flash was incredibly awesome and seeing the B2 kids adventuring around their incredibly hosed up sesion rekindled my desire to work out a Homestuck tabletop RPG system. I remember that some people were doing something similar via the internet a few months ago - doing some kind of Homestuck RPG - so does there exist some material there that I could use as a starting point? Obviously it would be preferable not to start from scratch on account of how drat...Homestucky it would have to be.

If someone could help me out I would be eternally grateful!

I would play the poo poo out of a homestuck Fiasco.

It even involves rolling a massive handful of dice, which was one of Hussies qualifications for a Bona fide homestuck rpg experience.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It has a title, you know. :rolleye: The game is called The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Are they really doing a kickstarter for chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa? Really?

I mean I'm probably going to donate anyway but it feels like everyone and their mother's trying a kickstarter for their projects now.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Wrist Watch posted:

Are they really doing a kickstarter for chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa? Really?

I mean I'm probably going to donate anyway but it feels like everyone and their mother's trying a kickstarter for their projects now.

If people on the internet want to throw money at you, why the hell would you stop them?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

Eh, most situations where donations are going to be used anyway can be benefited by a kickstarter. The idea being that people are more willing to chip in cash when they know they'll get the cash back if the whole amount isn't reached.

The only downside being the percentage Kickstarter takes.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Don't get me wrong, I get why they're doing it, and if I were in their shoes I'd probably do it too. But isn't the story behind the first game that the game was the result of a bunch of college dudes getting drunk and loving around? Taking donations for something building on that just sounds silly, as valid as it may be.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Luminous Obscurity posted:

So I found a new liveblogger. He's a bit like ManvsHomestuck except less overtly angry and way more pretentious. He loving hates Dave for some reason and he's already complaining about too much time bullshit just from the the kid/troll chatlogs and the package delivery.

He just started the intermission. :getin:

The guy hasn't even met Droog yet and he's already fed up with the Intermission. Thankfully he's got someone that's making him read it. Watch him suffer.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
This is only tangentially Homestuck related, but have you guys seen that the third and final antichrist has opened up a new restaurant in Times Square?

The quick take:

quote:

Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar

POOR

220 West 44th Street (Seventh Avenue), (646) 532-4897, guysamerican.com.

ATMOSPHERE 500 seats, three levels, three bars, one chaotic mess.

SERVICE The well-meaning staff seems to realize that this is not a real restaurant.
:iceburn:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

This is the best news I've ever read. Ever. I am so unbelievably happy about this.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

Don't get me wrong, I get why they're doing it, and if I were in their shoes I'd probably do it too. But isn't the story behind the first game that the game was the result of a bunch of college dudes getting drunk and loving around? Taking donations for something building on that just sounds silly, as valid as it may be.

Why? They are wanting to go big and going big requires cash. it's only silly if you arent a fan.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wrist Watch posted:

Have you ever played the game? The story is positively compelling.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh hey upda-

quote:

You are now Caliborn.
NO I DON'T WANT TO :stonk:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This world that Calliope and Caliborn live on is very, very, confusing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So he's been tearing pages out of the book in order to leave a trail for himself.

Odd that the pages aren't blowing away. Dunes usually imply wind. So I guess there's no wind wherever he is. Judging by the black sky, it seems the planet he's on is now inside the black hole he created?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This will be interesting. I didn't expect this to happen, but I guess it's actually kind-of important.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I guess it's the Land of Darkness and Acts.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Who cares about those dumb humans, I wanna explore as Caliborn! :woop:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
All the curtains are on his and Calliope's planet then? Regardless I'm pretty terrified right now.

Edit: Also, looks like he was using the pages to clean himself up.

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 14, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

All the curtains are on his and Calliope's planet then? Regardless I'm pretty terrified right now.

I'm sure that Calliope would have gotten a different planet had she been allowed to enter.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Madtrixr posted:

Why? They are wanting to go big and going big requires cash. it's only silly if you arent a fan.

They're making a sequel, not "going big". And yes, I do think that getting people to pay you to make a sequel to a game you came up with while drunk is inherently silly. :colbert:

Not saying it doesn't make sense or that it's dumb/entitled/whatever, just that the whole thing is kind of silly in the "holy poo poo this is actually happening" sense. I never expected the second chapter to come out ever, for one.

Ariong posted:

Have you ever played the game? The story is positively compelling.
Not really sure how you got that out of my post.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Bongo Bill posted:

So he's been tearing pages out of the book in order to leave a trail for himself.

Odd that the pages aren't blowing away. Dunes usually imply wind. So I guess there's no wind wherever he is. Judging by the black sky, it seems the planet he's on is now inside the black hole he created?

I think he's just been tearing out the pages to wipe the blood off.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Caliborn: Squawk like an imbecile and poo poo all over reality.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is not a planet in the Medium; this is the actual mysterious planet in space that they were living on that orbits the massive red supergiant. This planet itself may have moved to the Medium, of course, but it is not one of Sburb's Lands of X and Y.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

This is not a planet in the Medium; this is the actual mysterious planet in space that they were living on that orbits the massive red supergiant. This planet itself may have moved to the Medium, of course, but it is not one of Sburb's Lands of X and Y.

...are you sure?

I mean, yes, it's the same planet. But that doesn't preclude sburb retroactively making it also his sburb land.

It would explain the statues.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

This is only tangentially Homestuck related, but have you guys seen that the third and final antichrist has opened up a new restaurant in Times Square?

The quick take:

:iceburn:

I wish all restaurant reviews were this fun.

Edit: Oh hey update

uh... hey there Caliborn. Uh, how's it hanging?

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 14, 2012

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
So the person with the lovely sense of humor that used to inhabit their planet was actually Andrew Hussie all along.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Or just to wipe the blood off of himself.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Villain characterization incoming.

This is actually pretty interesting. Sort of a narrative reminder that Caliborn is just one of the players, albeit the biggest problem case we've encountered so far. Assuming no funny business about Caliborn becoming Lord English, it's actually a little surprising to see the big bad monster villain being put on the same level as the dozens of troubled teens we've met before. Scary skull monster Lord English can inspire some dread and erase souls, but unless he does something to stand out Caliborn's just hanging out on the jerk end of the player spectrum with the Amporas and the Makaras.

Admittedly we'd already met him as a petulant player through Calliope, but this looks like he's very explicitly being made one of the player-characters.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Wait, wait, wait, loving, wait. How the hell does this fit in with the narrator-insert thing that's been going on with Doc Scratch/Hussie/Calliope's fanfic?

Giving us power over the story's BBEG when I thought him taking over the narrative in Hussie's stead was going to be the thing?

Ahhhh, my head!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Bongo Bill posted:

Good point, I forgot the whole planet got dragged in with him. God their session is loving weird.

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 14, 2012

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Caliborn is adorable.

Look at him, he's just so angry.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

> Retrieve your gun, there are premium bitches to be rescued!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

So I found a new liveblogger. He's a bit like ManvsHomestuck except less overtly angry and way more pretentious. He loving hates Dave for some reason and he's already complaining about too much time bullshit just from the the kid/troll chatlogs and the package delivery.

So apparently this guy is also a troper with his own headmates.

I wonder if he'll get the joke when he reaches the Beforus trolls.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Caliborn is adorable.

Look at him, he's just so angry.

I think the word you're looking for is petulant.

"Caliborn, stop attempting to fold the universe in on itself..."
"No!" *stomps metal foot*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I almost expected him to have reopened the Suggestion Box for this just to mess with people.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I don't think he actually can.

Like, the last time he opened the suggestion box people crashed the forums. The fandom's only gotten larger since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

I don't think he actually can.

Like, the last time he opened the suggestion box people crashed the forums. The fandom's only gotten larger since.

He should open donations as a form of suggestion box. Whatever suggestion gets the most money total is the one used.

Bankhold.