Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He's complaining mostly because Michelin reviewers are anonymous. They're the ultimate secret shoppers. He'd rather have them tell him when the reviewer is coming so he can make it ~special for them~ instead of having to treat every customer as a potential reviewer.

Basically he's whining because he wants to slack off but can't because he might get dinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Not like you, you hard worker, you

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Vindication for everyone who thought Salt Bae actually kinda sucked:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-01/salt-bae-nusr-et-review-new-york-s-most-controversial-steakhouse

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Basically he wants to give away his stars instead of just taking it easy and have them taken away right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Steve Yun posted:

Not like you, you hard worker, you

I never said I don't sit off camera on my phone.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
If you don't want to spend every waking moment of every day worrying about Michelin stars you don't really care about cooking.

*makes carbonara with peas in an instant pot*

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SubG posted:

If you don't want to spend every waking moment of every day worrying about Michelin stars you don't really care about cooking.

*makes carbonara with peas in an instant pot*

My secret to perfect authentic carbonara is a block of cream cheese.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

$30 for a burger. I knew downtown NY was ridiculous for prices. But jesus gently caress. And this is the first I've been made aware that that guy is actually a chef, and not just a mem.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
One of my friends posted an IG pic with saltbae at his restaurant and we have been dunking on him ever since.

There ARE burgers that are 30+ that are worth in (minetta tavern black Label burger comes to mind) but high price point burgers mostly make me want to go to my local place (282 burger on Atlantic in Brooklyn check it and hit me unif you’re in the hood!)

That said as much as I tease my gf/buddy for making social media a part of dinner I don’t really care. If posting on IG is part of what makes a satisfying meal for you go to town! Just don’t use flash.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Jay Carney posted:

If posting on IG is part of what makes a satisfying meal for you go to town! Just don’t use flash.

You just reminded me of this dumb review I read yesterday
http://www.daytoncitypaper.com/one-hotel-of-a-surprise/

I'd be pissed if I were associated with that place and this was the pic they published.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Looks like trump tower plating.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

theres a will theres moe posted:

I'd be pissed if I were associated with that place and this was the pic they published.

Meatballs
bile reduction, microsnots, poached phlegm gem, sprayfarts...............................................44

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

In a meatball, starkly

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My local grocery just all of a sudden stopped selling deboned pork shoulder and I am so fuckin mad. I gotta buy like $30 worth at a time now.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

I mean, that's not a well taken photo but it's also not a nice looking plate of food

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pile of brown posted:

I mean, that's not a well taken photo but it's also not a nice looking plate of food

and this, even from forums user "pile of brown" :smithicide:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pollyanna posted:

My local grocery just all of a sudden stopped selling deboned pork shoulder and I am so fuckin mad. I gotta buy like $30 worth at a time now.

You could just, you know, ask them to cut one down for you.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

You could just, you know, ask them to cut one down for you.

There's no butchery department, just shelves of meat. I asked someone restocking the meat section and they told me to go away.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Bone-in pork shoulder should be $1/lb or less :911:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Saw this over in Cinema Discusso:

https://twitter.com/rewindthefilth/status/961307897094463489

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

I'm just glad that Dayton is, you know, trying.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

AS A PROUD MARTIAN, I FEEL AN URGE TO CHECK THE BONA FIDES OF MARS BARS NOW

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Welp, I think I have a rat again. I left some plantains on my dinner table a couple days ago, and now I found them hollowed out and under my dishwasher.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Welp, I think I have a rat again. I left some plantains on my dinner table a couple days ago, and now I found them hollowed out and under my dishwasher.
How did you see them under your dishwasher? Was the peel sticking out?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

How did you see them under your dishwasher? Was the peel sticking out?

It was on the ground in front of the dishwasher, I guess they were too big to fit into the crevices around the dishwasher

Actually, it was a mouse last time and it's probably a mouse again, not a rat

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Steve Yun posted:

Was your reaction "RATS!" when you saw that? :dadjoke:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the yorkshire account replying in all caps is the cherry on top

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Cross posting from The Boston thread:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
what's y'alls favorite hot hot sauce? not like dumb gimmicky hot, but hot as poo poo and still tastes good?

someone gave me a bottle of "blairs FF15" recently that is surprisingly good. when I first had it, it tested the upper bounds of what I thought was enjoyable in hot sauce. like I'd put a few drops on leftover pizza or add some to a curry or something, but it had this tangy pepper flavor I hadn't really had before that was really endearing. less grassy than a jalapeno, less fruity than a habanero. I guess it's scorpion pepper?

anyways, I've gotten to the point where I'll just slather it on chicken wings or nachos or anything fatty that needs some spice, and I'm starting to think I've killed my tastebuds. I wanna try a new sauce to mix it up, curious what other folks have found tasty on the higher end of the heat spectrum

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
It’s not that hot but I want to rep Secret Aardvark. My gf got me some from Portland on a business trip and I put it on everything.

For hot hot I really like this “one fuckin drop at a time” hot sauce which really doesn’t need the eye dropper it comes with but has pretty good flavor and nice punch.

For some reason people always think of me as a “hot sauce guy” which I’m convinced is because I’m Mexican and Mexicans don’t even eat their food that bloody spicy. So now I have like 14 bottles knocking around my kitchen including gross poo poo like bacon hot sauce which I keep meaning to throw out but end up forgetting about.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

For me flavor and heat means Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets. The Tabasco Habanero sauce is actually pretty good, but my favorite is definitely the Grace Scotch Bonnet sauce (and both are available at Walmart).

Scorpion/bhut jolokia sauces can be really yummy, but most of them are just extracts, so again, not always easy to find one that combines heat AND flavor. I haven't found one that I consistently like.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
I treat hot sauces like cologne or single spirit bases in cocktails- blend them until you get something wonderful. Valentina and habanero. Cholula and sriracha. Get weird.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

as an aside, if you’ve only ever made buffalo sauce with frank’s you’re missing out. few hot sauces don’t improve with the addition of butter

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mindphlux posted:

what's y'alls favorite hot hot sauce? not like dumb gimmicky hot, but hot as poo poo and still tastes good?

someone gave me a bottle of "blairs FF15" recently that is surprisingly good. when I first had it, it tested the upper bounds of what I thought was enjoyable in hot sauce. like I'd put a few drops on leftover pizza or add some to a curry or something, but it had this tangy pepper flavor I hadn't really had before that was really endearing. less grassy than a jalapeno, less fruity than a habanero. I guess it's scorpion pepper?

anyways, I've gotten to the point where I'll just slather it on chicken wings or nachos or anything fatty that needs some spice, and I'm starting to think I've killed my tastebuds. I wanna try a new sauce to mix it up, curious what other folks have found tasty on the higher end of the heat spectrum

I haven't found any sauces hotter than yucateco or grace habanero sauces which I think taste any good. They all taste like spicy dirt. A buddy brought some novelty hot pepper chips (might have been scorpion pepper?) to game night last weekend and they tasted like spicy dirt (though I ate them all).

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I hate the flavour of red carribean super hots (7 pot, brainstrain, butch-t and trinidad scorpion). The choc varieties and especially yellow chilli can have a much nicer flavour than the red version though.
But habanero or scotch bonnet based sauces are much nicer imo.
The only superhot chillies I like are the indian ones - naga, bhut and bih (E: they're all from the major chilli growing area of nagaland in the assam province. Naga is a general name for their super hots - regular heat chillies are usually called 'assam'. But bih means 'king' and bhut means 'ghost' as you all probably know). They just seem a nicer and fruitier flavour than the carribean super super hots. Also some African ones are nice like burkina (a scotch bonnet derivative) and fatalii. But NFI what sauces are available in the US

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 10, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm looking at a charred pile of root vegetables and wondering if 40min @ 450 is too much.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
230C :lol:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Clearly yes.

Also do you have an actual oven thermometer? 450F on my oven is actually just a hair under 490F.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I do 30 at 450° but you must!!! flip them halfway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I like the San Pedro Fish Markets Habanero sauce. It's a spicy slather it in sauce. Dave's Insanity is really hot and good to use as an ingredient.