Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Edit: Nevermind, ignore this post :v:

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Easier said, but just don't take ranked too seriously when you play it and a lose won't be as lovely. You might lose a bunch but consistence especially in silver/gold will let you climb the ladder.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Gameko posted:

I haven't played LoL for years and I just downloaded the client. So...uh...no runes and talents anymore I guess?

Also, I want to play a support character and Janna looks like a good fit for what I would like to play. Any general (or specific) advice on janna-ing it up?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762263&userid=77448&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post465595987

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Why did you link to page 9, you disappoint me kcw

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Why did you link to page 9, you disappoint me kcw

Dude I haven't even played ranked in forever and I wasn't playing Janna when I did. I'm pretty burned out :(

Edit: wait does that link not go to the guide from 150 pages ago

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It did.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

kingcobweb posted:

Edit: wait does that link not go to the guide from 150 pages ago

It's a mobile app vs browser thing. I got to it via the website browser.

It's a good post. Strategically I think it's very helpful.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/dev-on-the-champs-of-2016/

ya riot the problem with Camille is that her numbers need fiddling with a bit more

nothing to do with an overloaded kit no siree

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Her E is literally three abilities in one, lol

Insane mobility skill, stun, huge attack speed steroid

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I pretty much stopped playing Shaco in Blood Moon after they added Camille because of the insane range that she can leap over walls, stun you, then cage you so you cant decieve away (and it knocks away the clone), before you can react to the deathball hurtling over the golem wall.

Some will say its a good thing that someone stopped playing Shaco, those people are monsters who hate fun :colbert:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Forget that all the kids are home from school this morning because of President's Day. End up losing a game because our bot lane turns into the loving Love Canal over a bad ADC, utterly ignoring the attempts of mid, top (me) and jung to get them to settle down and not interfere with our attempts to carry. :shepface:

Neurolimal posted:

I pretty much stopped playing Shaco in Blood Moon after they added Camille because of the insane range that she can leap over walls, stun you, then cage you so you cant decieve away (and it knocks away the clone), before you can react to the deathball hurtling over the golem wall.

Some will say its a good thing that someone stopped playing Shaco, those people are monsters who hate fun :colbert:

Normally I'd say something about two wrongs making a right, but Camille is still around in this scenario so nobody wins, really

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

el dingo posted:

http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/dev-on-the-champs-of-2016/

ya riot the problem with Camille is that her numbers need fiddling with a bit more

nothing to do with an overloaded kit no siree

That article was good. Basically says Jhin is pretty well designed, scold's Taliyah's design, and says that Ivern is on the end of the spectrum for weird new poo poo they'll ever put in the game. I think they might have been a little soft on the Camille discussion, but maybe when a lot of her numbers are turned down maybe she won't be nuts?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I do actually agree, it was an interesting read. Particularly the part about jihns damage, it sounds like they want to drop it a little bit - wonder if that means a straight nerf to his stats or if they will look at the damage on his abilities

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Why must they insist on nerfing adc's

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Luna Was Here posted:

Why must they insist on nerfing adc's

Every team needs one person the rest of the other team gets to style on. If supports cant burst down carries who will want to play support?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Post your op.gg in this thread:

Vel'koz is good

I need to continually remind myself that playing a champion you are actually competent with is a pretty good idea in ranked.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sexpansion posted:

Vel'koz is good

I need to continually remind myself that playing a champion you are actually competent with is a pretty good idea in ranked.

I just picked up vel'koz on sale since I don't have any carry supports. I'll probably need to grab zyra at some point, but I'll probably just wait to see if she goes on sale next month.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kirtar posted:

I just picked up vel'koz on sale since I don't have any carry supports. I'll probably need to grab zyra at some point, but I'll probably just wait to see if she goes on sale next month.

Are you playing Brand? That should be your go to damage dealing support pick.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/834100394745802755

snake elise or zyra skin? 🤔

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Void casseopia or something?

e: oh obviously not that, she has legs. Yeah looks like Zyra.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That's definitely going to be Void Zyra. I wonder if they had this planned out in advance, or whether so many games being Malzahar vs. Zyra ended up spurring them on.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

That's definitely going to be Void Zyra. I wonder if they had this planned out in advance, or whether so many games being Malzahar vs. Zyra was just a happy accident.
They work on the early concepts of these skins a year in advance, especially the ones like these that are a higher RP value.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That's a seedling, it's zyra

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sexpansion posted:

Are you playing Brand? That should be your go to damage dealing support pick.

I am not currently playing Brand as I more or less play utility supports (e.g. karma, sona, janna). I'm not currently playing brand, but I'l probably try him out since he's on the free rotation this week. I'll eventually try to pick up Zyra (:( not on sale for march oh well) since she's also good and I have an SKT Zyra shard.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 21, 2017

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Miss Fortune Is Good

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

blah_blah posted:

Miss Fortune Is Good

I've stopped doing Deathfire touch because it kept aggroing me to turrets obnoxiously, how much more effective do you think it is over thunderlord's. I like getting the extra lethality talent as well to start the game off with like 32 lethality.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah posted:

Miss Fortune Is Good

also good: lethality

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do people still build crit on shaco

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

do people still build crit on shaco

Cool folk build all the burst itrms on Shaco

Less cool people build full ap and cdr

Least cool people build for lethality and being able to 3x proc diskblade true damage

(All 3 are still in the pantheon of pantheon's cool guy club)

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Sexpansion posted:

I am bad but xin is kind of fun.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

also good: lethality

Ya if they nerfed lethality but didn't touch mf I am sure nobody would play her ad but Varus/Jhin would still get played. They need to rework MF she is too one dimensional and her scalings are retarded.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've just been trying to knock my SR rust off by playing Flex and good god it's the weirdest mis-match of bronze to platinum players right now in every game, and everything's usually a really one-sided stomp.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

I've just been trying to knock my SR rust off by playing Flex and good god it's the weirdest mis-match of bronze to platinum players right now in every game, and everything's usually a really one-sided stomp.

Yeah Flex queue is awful. At the least it seems to be better than preseason where it was actually matching challenger with bronze.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

kirtar posted:

Yeah Flex queue is awful. At the least it seems to be better than preseason where it was actually matching challenger with bronze.
The game I had last night featured 4 gold players against 3 bronze players, and my ADC who believed that Morgana/Vayne is a heavy counter to Sona/Jinx so stood about 6 feet behind tower and kept complaining I wouldn't trade

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
nothing feels better than winning a 4v5

especially when you're the one afking

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

The game I had last night featured 4 gold players against 3 bronze players, and my ADC who believed that Morgana/Vayne is a heavy counter to Sona/Jinx so stood about 6 feet behind tower and kept complaining I wouldn't trade

:psyduck:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

kirtar posted:

Pre-season flex queue was hilarious. I 8-2'd my placements and got bronze 1 and then they gave you that 1 game freebie re-placement and got d5. It was a roller coaster of emotions.

I'm having fun playing flex right now though, I'm not playing even a quarter as well as I should be so I'd rather not tank my meaningful rank any lower so I'm just mashing my head against the flex queue wall until I break my funk.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Why not play normals?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I haven't played normals in like 3 seasons so my normal MMR is like bronze-silver. I wouldn't get any meaningful practice there until I played a bunch of games to normalize the MMR, I'd rather just jump into flex and lose a bunch against people I shouldn't be losing to rather than win against people I should beat anyways if that makes any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Why not play normals?
I'm still rusty but I can win just about any normals I play even in an off role so it's barely meaningful practice. I'd rather just lose to platinum players and watch the replays to see what I could do better.

• Locked thread