Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

redshirt posted:

No lie and not to bum out anyone else, you do you, at all times.

I can think of several times where weed has stolen the joy from the event. Like a great event, maybe a celebration. Then I smoke some weed to celebrate... and everything changes.

yeah but it makes mundane poo poo like listening to a podcast at 1am so much more entertaining. I can totally see weed taking away from something that was already a big event, although that's also going to vary from event to event and person to person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

so I think I've concluded that the vaphit has some nice qualities, but I probably prefer the orb for myself.

Nice thing about the vaphit is that its very portable so if you vape outside the house, this is great. I don't so I find the orb does an overall better job for my use case. that said; plusses about the vaphit:

Cheap water cooling.
Easily portable in one case which is nice
very easy to clean. A swish with ISO and youre 99% good to go. Hit it with an ultrasonic cleaner for the last 1%.
doesn't look as ghetto in use as the pictures would suggest. You're still suckin on a tiny glass bong though, and that is 'a look.'
Palm sized; something about it is just proportioned right so it feels right in the hand and is pleasant to use.

downsides:

gets dirty real quick so you're cleaning more often. NBD if you have an ultrasonic cleaner.
You have to get used to it. It's not a pipe or normal stem, its a tiny bong and you need to treat it as such or you'll tip water on yourself. A lot.
You need to be careful about how much water you use and how hard you draw, or you risk sucking water into yo' mouth. There's a bit of technique here.
I'd argue some kind of holder or ashtray or dynavap magnet is basically mandatory. You CAN put this on its side on a flat surface safely and it will not roll away, but its less than optimal.

I'll probably use my orb more often because I don't have to "think" about how to use it so much and it is slightly more effective at cooling/taking the harshness out of a pull.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 15, 2023

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
Is that the induction heater you recommend? I'm looking to replace my Boundless Tera with my vapcap. I just suck at using butane.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Choose a package with a dynavap adapter, it'll work without it but way better with. Its a little silicone sleeve bit that goes inside the induction hole.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

Crimson Harvest posted:

Choose a package with a dynavap adapter, it'll work without it but way better with. Its a little silicone sleeve bit that goes inside the induction hole.

That's a great point.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Crimson Harvest posted:

This is nice, but I prefer to have the simrell FMJ and in my experience the insert doesn't work with the FMJ. But yeah, get it if you can so you can go whichever way suits

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Do you just freeball it in there with the FMJ on, whats keeping the cap top from the countertop?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Crimson Harvest posted:

Do you just freeball it in there with the FMJ on, whats keeping the cap top from the countertop?

That wand is handheld. You just hold it in there freehand. Ain't hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MdhATD2ksw

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I use the "ole stubby" adapter from O'Connor Woodworks, it's p drat good

https://oconnellwoodworks.com/products/dynavap-inception-cooling-wpa

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

This is nice, but I prefer to have the simrell FMJ and in my experience the insert doesn't work with the FMJ. But yeah, get it if you can so you can go whichever way suits

fyi, there are some wand inserts on Etsy that are wider than the official Dynavap insert in order to fit larger caps. I don't have an FMJ to test, but I have this insert and can confirm it works with the armored cap. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for this insert as well, which also works with the armored cap and any other cap/cap accessory up to 14mm diameter.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I wish that orb had a really wide base. That’s my complaint about a lot of glass, it’s like glassblowers don’t have cats or something. Also I’m just a klutz.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They sell them with enclosures at TableTopBong.com

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sneaky Pete has the flat earth globe if you want a more stable glass orb.

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/sneaky-pete-mega-globe-flat-earth-edition?variant=40273475436625

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Carth Dookie posted:

That wand is handheld. You just hold it in there freehand. Ain't hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MdhATD2ksw

Hold it in there with my hands, like a baby? It's better to use some combination of inserts that hold the oven in the right position so you can just drop it in there and press the button

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I feel like the whole point of the Dynavap is you use a torch and there's fire and it's as close to smoking as you can get without smoking. If I was going to use a battery powered heating element why not just use the battery powered vape?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Using a battery induction heater doesn't preclude the dynavap from being efficient as poo poo and clearing the chamber in 2-3 heat cycles

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Furious George posted:

Hold it in there with my hands, like a baby? It's better to use some combination of inserts that hold the oven in the right position so you can just drop it in there and press the button

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1524175086/skcreations-carbon-fiber-v2-xl-wand

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
yeah I have a glass cup that does the job, but it's not the right size with a FMJ. I asked here before and the consensus at the time was you don't really need to use a FMJ with the wand :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

I feel like the whole point of the Dynavap is you use a torch and there's fire and it's as close to smoking as you can get without smoking. If I was going to use a battery powered heating element why not just use the battery powered vape?

honestly torches are a pain in the rear end and I'm considering getting an Ispire just so I don't have to deal with butane anymore. The cool thing about the Dynavap is that beyond Dynavap M + FMJ ($12) + WPA ($10-15), everything else is just tweaking it to your personal liking. There's a million and a half weird rear end mods or products you can get but if you have those 2 accessories + Dyna, you're near Peak Pot Poofin Performance (PPPP)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Furious George posted:

if you have the official one you don't even have to push the button (other than to turn it on)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

Dynavap grants you the freedom to use either method, you cannot use a butane torch on a battery-powered vape

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

God Hole posted:

Dynavap grants you the freedom to use either method, you cannot use a butane torch on a battery-powered vape more than once or twice

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

its in the first few seconds so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzf7EXVa6w
lauren boebert failing vape etiquette

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 15, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna smoke some weed

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Loading up the big heavy handpipe to take hot, coughy hits like back in the day hidden in the woods

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Konar posted:

Loading up the big heavy handpipe to take hot, coughy hits like back in the day hidden in the woods

I almost burn my nose.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Blotto_Otter posted:

fyi, there are some wand inserts on Etsy that are wider than the official Dynavap insert in order to fit larger caps. I don't have an FMJ to test, but I have this insert and can confirm it works with the armored cap. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for this insert as well, which also works with the armored cap and any other cap/cap accessory up to 14mm diameter.

Interesting.

I haven't really missed using an insert but I could see it being helpful when using a vaphit. I might look into it.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Battery powered vape doesn't hit like a dynavap does at least in my experience, but others in here have pointed at a few battery vapes that might, so maybe I'm wrong?

God Hole posted:

Dynavap grants you the freedom to use either method, you cannot use a butane torch on a battery-powered vape

The choice is nice. Need compact speed heat because you're out and about? Bring the lighter. At home or you're using a vaphit and everything fits into the case when you're done? Induction heater.

Macichne Leainig posted:

Using a battery induction heater doesn't preclude the dynavap from being efficient as poo poo and clearing the chamber in 2-3 heat cycles

bagmonkey posted:

The cool thing about the Dynavap is that beyond Dynavap M + FMJ ($12) + WPA ($10-15), everything else is just tweaking it to your personal liking. There's a million and a half weird rear end mods or products you can get but if you have those 2 accessories + Dyna, you're near Peak Pot Poofin Performance (PPPP)

It's this.

Some prefer to use it with a bong and plain lighter. Some like it with an orb and wizard hat. It's versatile enough that pretty much anyone can tweak the specifics of their setup to be just right for them, and get blazed very efficiently.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

My thought with the dyna is that even in the apocalypse it will still work. It’s also satisfying to sit on a porch and use in a way my XQ2 is not. The variety it allows is fun.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a vaporgenie is the better apocalypse vape imo due to the less serious fire requirements

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JNCO BILOBA posted:

My thought with the dyna is that even in the apocalypse it will still work. It’s also satisfying to sit on a porch and use in a way my XQ2 is not. The variety it allows is fun.

Well, weed will still work in the apocalypse, won't it?

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I thought about mentioning the vaporgenie as well.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Im thinking I might do marijuna for amusement

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Thinking to go to beetlejuice the musical while blowing fat vape clouds at a pregnant lady and getting an over the pants handjob :thunk:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Marijuana: It's serious business

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Getting high....

* reggae music plays

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:350:

Lotta early season episodes of Law and Order talk about how glad they are that the death penalty isn't an option and how terrible it is but I also distinctly recall later seasons the DA threatening it so I'm curious to find out which season the switch happens or if I just mixed it up with some other cop show

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Welp, there we go; season 5 episode 20;

Chris Noth nominates a priest engaging in child abuse as the first execution now that the death penalty is back.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

redshirt posted:

Getting high....

* reggae music plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5975YE4u1rE

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

God drat I didn't remember how quickly Chris Noth got assholed at the end of season 5 and replaced with Benjamin bratt. Punches a bigot and out in 30 seconds of film.

Very Poochie's "I have to go now my planet needs me."

I'm not looking it up but I thought Briscoe/Noth had more seasons together. Can't remember if Noth came back later or not. Wonder if that's when Sex and the city took off.

Season 6, EP 3 - whole thing is about the death penalty

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

LifeSunDeath posted:

isn't Qatar one of those countries where if you have weed particle in your shoes they'll put you in jail for years? I'd be careful.

It is, but I've done the same thing flying into China which seems like a similarly un-weed place and it was no drama

Regardless I ended up ditching the edibles in the Melbourne departure lounge. It was 31 hours of flying and 48hrs before I saw anything close to a bed so I'm glad I didnt add a gruelling journey into da sludge realm on top of that