Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

COOL CORN posted:

Spent the first part of my birthday getting roller derby headshots done and now I'm getting lunch with my fiancee at a really cute hole in the wall vegan Chinese restaurant

Life is good y'all

Snapchat told me it was your birthday...so, happy birthday!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

My mother gave me her old silk scarves, so of course I am going to wear them on my bald head.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Aschlafly posted:

I always feel like I look weird while I'm bulking (ultimate first world problem, I know).

Hello.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Shaved my face and now I look like a kid.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

10 Beers posted:

Shaved my face and now I look like a kid.

You look young enough to not remember dial-up internet.

Take that for what you will.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

You look young enough to not remember dial-up internet.

Take that for what you will.

I'm 41, so thanks!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

10 Beers posted:

I'm 41, so thanks!

:randvince:

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Pyraen found a lovely dog who agreed to take a selfie:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Yessssssssss

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Okay, makeup quota for this quarter is met.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Apr 22, 2021

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Tfw when you're having a great hair day but nobody gets to see it because there's a global pandemic and you're staying indoors for the foreseeable future

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Schmeichy posted:

Tfw when you're having a great hair day but nobody gets to see it because there's a global pandemic and you're staying indoors for the foreseeable future
This thread's gain, everyone else's loss. You look great.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Schmeichy posted:

If that is your natural hair color, I'm jealous as hell

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

GWBBQ posted:

This thread's gain, everyone else's loss. You look great.

Thanks!

And yes that is my own hair color. I'm actually thinking about cutting my hair myself soon so I'll post again if that ends up happening.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Schmeichy posted:

But all of us on the internet get to see it and you look fantastic!!

I've been working from home all week and I forget what the outside world is like. You are my only friends now, goons.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Work selfie from last week. Always wear your PPE!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Schmeichy posted:

drat! That is an excellent hair day!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I did a thing.

Did I tell y'all I got a job with a pot company? Been super busy lately.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Mar 21, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pandemic chic.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Literally a...

Valuable and important person in our society right now and I thank you so much for providing medical service right now

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Pandemic chic.

Are they conscripting the vets now too? Or are you a human doctor and I'm remembering wrong?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

COOL CORN posted:

Literally a...

Valuable and important person in our society right now and I thank you so much for providing medical service right now
:kimchi: Thank you. I'm really grateful I'm still working for the time being.

Schmeichy posted:

Are they conscripting the vets now too? Or are you a human doctor and I'm remembering wrong?
Still just doing vet things, we're considered an essential service but we are now required to wear PPE and minimize physical interaction with clients. Haven't been conscripted yet...

Also everyone here is looking fabulous!!!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have to say that most of my favorite online people are here in this thread.

Thank you for just being you

:glomp:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Still just doing vet things, we're considered an essential service but we are now required to wear PPE and minimize physical interaction with clients. Haven't been conscripted yet...

Little Dog just had her annual two days ago. The way my clinic is doing things is you drive up and call them from the parking lot. A tech comes out kitted out in nitrile gloves, N95 mask and googles. You hand off your leash, they squirt some hand sanitizer on your hands and take the dog in.

Then they call you and do the same to hand the animal back with a little baggie of heart worm prophylactic and rabies tag. All paperwork is emailed to you.

It’s the same with cats except they need to be crated.

Is your place doing something similar? I found it a pretty clever solution to keeping “social distance” and still providing service with minimal interruption.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Everyone, say hi to Peter (Petey) Parker

Today is this little floofball's first day in his new home. His momma was a ragdoll mix and his pappa was big and orange, of undisclosed breed. So far he really enjoys his cuddles, and has been nothing but chill around our 3yo daughter.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:kimchi: Thank you. I'm really grateful I'm still working for the time being.

That's good that you're still open, I've already heard of a few people with sick pets that haven't been able to get care because of the pandemic

B33rChiller posted:

Everyone, say hi to Peter (Petey) Parker

Today is this little floofball's first day in his new home. His momma was a ragdoll mix and his pappa was big and orange, of undisclosed breed. So far he really enjoys his cuddles, and has been nothing but chill around our 3yo daughter.

Adorable

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Scathach posted:

I did a thing.

Did I tell y'all I got a job with a pot company? Been super busy lately.

Outstanding! May it ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Proteus Jones posted:

Little Dog just had her annual two days ago. The way my clinic is doing things is you drive up and call them from the parking lot. A tech comes out kitted out in nitrile gloves, N95 mask and googles. You hand off your leash, they squirt some hand sanitizer on your hands and take the dog in.

Then they call you and do the same to hand the animal back with a little baggie of heart worm prophylactic and rabies tag. All paperwork is emailed to you.

It’s the same with cats except they need to be crated.

Is your place doing something similar? I found it a pretty clever solution to keeping “social distance” and still providing service with minimal interruption.

Pretty much! Our policy has changed multiple times in the last three days LOL. The main difference between your hospital and mine is there's a break in our supply chain right now so clients don't get spritzed, we aren't made of hand sanitizer sir!!! We're all in PPE though and we're minimizing contact with owners. For healthy pets it's pretty much exactly what you said (again minus the hand sanitizer), but the receptionist takes the pet back. For injury or illness though a tech goes up to take the pet since we'd need to get a history anyway and a lot of times it's easier to have a client show me where a bump or scrape is than try to pinpoint it over the phone :lol: But then, same thing, the client has to wait outside, we do our exam and document findings without them and the doctor calls to discuss treatment options etc. When we're done the client pays over the phone, documents are emailed, whomever took the pet in brings it back out et voila. We're feeling a little clunky since it's new but we'll get the rhythm soon (god willing)

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

The office gets chilly at night so I’ve been bringing a blanket instead of fighting with the crews over the thermostat.
I call it my burrito blanket cause it looks like a giant tortilla and I like alliteration.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

TremorX posted:

Outstanding! May it ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

:black101:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

CeramicPig posted:

The office gets chilly at night so I’ve been bringing a blanket instead of fighting with the crews over the thermostat.
I call it my burrito blanket cause it looks like a giant tortilla and I like alliteration.

This is it, the most Vermeer photo I've ever seen.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

By the way I am crazy about your long hair look. Yours too Schmeichy for that matter

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hi little Petey!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
The cat and I are planning to form a post-pandemic biker gang.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Hi selfie thread, been a while! Here you see someone that has had 1 day off in the last 10 and is working 12 or more hours per day because the DoD can't decide what to do with one of those "tent hospitals" that have been mentioned in the news lately. Today I actually have a day off.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
2 days off in the last 14 (not in row, god forbid!). Mostly 12 hour shifts, with a couple 10's thrown in for a change. Doing internal tech support for a nationwide grocery store chain. Luckily I was already work-from-home when this whole Corona thing started.

Oh god, so tired right now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Momento Mori or just a great find at the base exchange for $2.70?

Oh fish

Oh double fish

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Mar 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Even my hair matches the gryffindor colors ❤️💛