Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

This dude looks like a millennial to me. Edit: yep, graduated college in 2002.

That's a gen-xer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Byzantine posted:

That's a gen-xer.

Born in 1981? Depends on whose definition you go by, I guess.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

under the mistletoe

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't think Musk is dropping 88s in random places and talking about prosecuting Fauci because he actually believes in it, I think he just sees that as a way to drum up more support, making it "the radical left hates Elon Musk" instead of "Elon Musk is a dumb jerk everyone hates" and he gets to coast on the culture war.

This isn't better, mind you.

Yeah but we've recently seen multiple high-profile examples where it starts for this reason but eventually becomes inseparable from the "real" thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Update:

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1603025952778473474

It only cost one million times the kid’s asking price.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah but we've recently seen multiple high-profile examples where it starts for this reason but eventually becomes inseparable from the "real" thing.

Fascism is pretty much designed to be THE ideology for sucking up to wealthy assholes after all. It's literally 'You are the greatest and best person in the world and should be able to do whatever you want and destroy everything you don't like while we constantly praise and worship you'

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1602850647438655490

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lindsey graham hosts the "patriot barbie" podcast? or this rando conservative lady who is trying to boost her podcast by getting filmed in a cougar suit?

"we have to fight CRT in our schools and investigate electoral fraud, nyan~"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just in case this gets deleted:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This feels like an odd thing to say in response to... well, that, but they're so depressingly predictable. I assume (because I really don't want to click into any Fox News stuff) this is the end result of that "schools are installing litter boxes for kids who identify as cats" thing. Which, of course, has been thoroughly debunked, but obviously that doesn't matter. Just keep digging in!

(The real story was that one or two schools were stocking up on cat litter due to its various possible uses during a shooting lockdown or other similar crisis. So, yeah. Great job guys.)

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

This feels like an odd thing to say in response to... well, that, but they're so depressingly predictable. I assume (because I really don't want to click into any Fox News stuff) this is the end result of that "schools are installing litter boxes for kids who identify as cats" thing. Which, of course, has been thoroughly debunked, but obviously that doesn't matter. Just keep digging in!

(The real story was that one or two schools were stocking up on cat litter due to its various possible uses during a shooting lockdown or other similar crisis. So, yeah. Great job guys.)

It’s really good at soaking up children’s blood, that is a fact

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Platystemon posted:

Update:

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1603025952778473474

It only cost one million times the kid’s asking price.

https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney/status/1603067717682094084?t=1jutJi9XT3RU5DD0KtWyfw&s=19

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Born in 1981? Depends on whose definition you go by, I guess.

My rule of thumb is Gen X remembers the Cold War while Millennials don't, and Millennials remember the End of History while Gen Zs don't.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Us boomers remember Vietnam.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This tweet is from a suspended account

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Byzantine posted:

My rule of thumb is Gen X remembers the Cold War while Millennials don't, and Millennials remember the End of History while Gen Zs don't.

I never felt like I was quite part of either, so I used to call from around 76 to 83 "generation x-wing" cause it lined up fairly neatly with when Star Wars was in theaters. But I never got the term to stick. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Phy. I've also heard "gap generation" and "xennials".

Now I just go with "elder millennial" cause when someone starts yarking about avocado toasts or whatever I can be like "gently caress right off, I'm a millennial in my 40s and my feet hurt when I go downstairs in the morning"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/presidenttoguro/status/1602471568847822851?s=46&t=Tywng6ygjoAmZR8K5g8EeQ

Edit: oh gently caress you

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

All FOs are UFOs to a bear because they can’t identify any objects to my standards. Just shameful poo poo. Just say “bird” you ursine gently caress. Yogi could do it when he was alive; I saw evidence on tv

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

freeedr posted:

All FOs are UFOs to a bear because they can’t identify any objects to my standards. Just shameful poo poo. Just say “bird” you ursine gently caress. Yogi could do it when he was alive; I saw evidence on tv
Yes but Yogi's exemplary qualities are well stated in those same films.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phy posted:

I never felt like I was quite part of either, so I used to call from around 76 to 83 "generation x-wing" cause it lined up fairly neatly with when Star Wars was in theaters. But I never got the term to stick. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Phy. I've also heard "gap generation" and "xennials".

Now I just go with "elder millennial" cause when someone starts yarking about avocado toasts or whatever I can be like "gently caress right off, I'm a millennial in my 40s and my feet hurt when I go downstairs in the morning"

I find basically some (usually younger) gen X are basically prototype millennials and other (usually older) gen X are pathetic boomer wannabes

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I find basically some (usually younger) gen X are basically prototype millennials and other (usually older) gen X are pathetic boomer wannabes

I'm a gay commie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Based on this video I am a millennial but I have the sense of humor of a zoomer. I blame my late access to broadband internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTze5To1Dw

I can't stop laughing at "grunch".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/sofiaakel/status/1602602432629981184?s=20&t=YYf7cwMefiUmEXvYzQqAqg

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Dec 15, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Contaminated spinach causing serious hallucinations, sickness in Sydney

At least nine people in Sydney have developed serious hallucinations and sickness after eating a contaminated batch of baby spinach.

NSW Health is advising people not to eat “Riviera Farms” branded baby spinach with an expiry date of December 16.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/contaminated-spinach-causing-serious-hallucinations-sickness-in-sydney-20221215-p5c6t7.html

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everywhere I've read that story has been very careful not to say what pesticide is causing everyone to trip hard.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm tripping balls and itch
Cause I eats me spinach.
I'm Redeye the Sydney Man.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
In related news baby spinach sales have soared.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Might not be the good kind of hallucinations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s just a bit of hallucination debt coming due.

She’ll be right.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Us boomers remember Vietnam.
Who remembers the Alamo?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Every Mexican who needs something to pee on.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jesus christ shut the gently caress up richard

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CWUnews/status/1603119906949677058

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well I hope that now the Brits realise that change must be thrust forward, the public had been... jostled about violently by the forces of the market and they will not take it lying down!
It's time to erect barricades, to polish helmets and to fill the streets with rivers of white hot rage!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
“Kinky sex-starved Brits” sounds like it should be a label in a Kelly cartoon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My default mental image of a Brit is basically Jim Broadbent so I just picture a long queue of guys like him at the post office inquiring about their lost dildos.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Phy posted:

That area is also fun where you realize that a lot of things they teach you are now changing and the classes haven't adapted. Stuff like learning about the card catalog a year or two before everything is digitized, how to cite and research things before the advent of wikis etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...