Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Henry Cavill is a treasure

https://www.instagram.com/p/BglGdfyFRri/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hull and Thor wailing on a giant space monster crashing thru midtown. Never thought they would go go so comic book.

And the stinger of the hulk punch is perfect.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Well, this is now officially my favourite comic book movie moment.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I hope Dinklage is the elf with a gun

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Dinklage should be J. Jonah Jameson.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I cannot BELIEVE I forgot Drax and Mantis at the pool. I was looking for something in Guardians 2 that I kept rewinding when it came on Netflix and my brain was saying it was when Peter found out about the tumor. No, it was that scene.

"She was like you."
"Disgusting?"
"Innocent."

I never thought Batista would get to me with his delivery, but he pulled it off. That car ride in Homecoming is so great at tension. It made me feel exactly like a 16 year old boy getting interrogated by a girl's father again. Except he literally is going to kill me. Oh, and if we're talking MCU outside of the movies, I think it's between Diamondback's magic gun trick and Frank talking with Matt on the rooftop.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

quote:

Phase 1: Hawkeye shooting an arrow at Loki who catches it and manages just the hints of a smirk and a "Really?" face before it explodes.

Oh gently caress, they *did* steal that for Batman vs Superman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'll never forget what a big deal "I am Iron Man." and "I want to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative." were.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'll never forget what a big deal "I am Iron Man." and "I want to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative." were.

It feels like it was so long ago...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My favorite moment is probably still this

It's cheesy but it works.

That, or Starlord just unloading his guns into his dad without hesitation when he finds out Ego killed his mom. Guy's had daddy issues for 30 years, finally finds the father he's spent his life searching for, and blasts him without a second thought for that. That's heavy poo poo.

Super Dan posted:

I hope Dinklage is the elf with a gun

Only if they stick to continuity and have it be all the stingers for Phase 4, and then just never mentioned again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the best moment hands down is "can you move your seat up?"

"no."

i just love their genuine hatred for each other. and then both grinning at steve immediately after. i'd watch an entire movie of that poo poo.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Dinklage should be J. Jonah Jameson.

gently caress

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fangz posted:

Oh gently caress, they *did* steal that for Batman vs Superman.

Nah, that's straight out of DKR.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If there isn't more of this in A&TW I will burn this motherfucker down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sykacDdWQj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugKVeoYmk4k

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 21, 2018

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Great moments I can think of:

"What are you? Thor, God of Hammers?" from Ragnarok.

Vision lifting Mjolnir for the first time in Age of Ultron.

The highway fight from Winter Soldier.

Black Widow's first real fight scene in Iron Man 2.

And yeah, Drax and Mantis at the fountain was the best scene in Guardians 2 to my mind.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Koalas March posted:

I love that scene, that's why it's my sig! and the direction, editing and lighting reminds me a lot of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Here’s the demo reel for the tech they developed/used in that scene

https://vimeo.com/118849810

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah also that one shot of Thor after he powers up and jumps down to the Bifrost in slow-mo with Immigrant Song blasting in the background is up there

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

^^^^^
That deserves to be airbrushed onto the side of a van.

Seeing Thanos for the first time in that Avengers mid-credit sequence gave me such a jolt. The thought that they were going to get that weird with the movies was drat exciting.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Jumping in from lurking to chime in. Best scene from Age of Ultron is when the fighting on Sokovia starts and the land starts to fly.

"We need to save as many people as we can."

Captain America: "We're saving everyone."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Cap has a line right as the fighting is getting started in Sokovia that I love so much. "If you get hurt, hurt em back. If you get killed, walk it off."

I'm posting a lot. I'm sorry. I just get so excited.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Towards the end of Justice League all I could think was, " Wow, this guys actually a pretty good Superman. Who knew?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

Towards the end of Justice League all I could think was, " Wow, this guys actually a pretty good Superman. Who knew?"

Right? It shouldn't take three films to find out that a happy, smiling Superman is inside that brooding shell.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SonicRulez posted:

Cap has a line right as the fighting is getting started in Sokovia that I love so much. "If you get hurt, hurt em back. If you get killed, walk it off."

This is why Cap is the best MU character. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AngryBooch posted:

And yeah, Drax and Mantis at the fountain was the best scene in Guardians 2 to my mind.

I abso-loving-lutely love where they went with Drax. He’s the big, hulking, violent brute of the group, but he’s also their unabashed heart. When Mantis touches him and feels his pain about his family, I swear, in any other movie they would have had him explode and do a big “How dare you! My pain is my own! You have no right to it!” spiel, but in Guardians he just smiles sadly because he’s not ashamed of his feelings or sharing them. It’s such a weirdly, beautifully mature sentiment to be found in a big blockbuster action movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Chris Evans should run for President.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

Right? It shouldn't take three films to find out that a happy, smiling Superman is inside that brooding shell.

Thanks Joss :downs:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SonicRulez posted:

It reminds me of something I actually kind of liked in Justice League, even if so many parts of that movie, the character arcs in particular, are kind of a raging tire fire: "Save one person." "And then?" "You'll know." The unspoken "And then save one more" is a really good way to both help Barry get over his anxieties while also just saying "do what you can."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JT Smiley posted:

When he and Cyborg are separating the Mother Boxes and he's all "I like being alive." Then they succeed and the blowback knocks him on his rear end "I take it back....I wanna die." That was so endearing. If that guy were around in the other movies, I probably would have enjoyed them a lot more.

Mr Hootington posted:

Actual factuals, ain't no debate, I will fight over this.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
One of my favorite moments was from Avengers 1 during the city battle when the camera follows one avenger to another as they all battle throughout the city. I just thought it was a cool little sequence.

I like “we have a hulk” and Tony getting the mark 7 suit as he falls off the building.

Suitcase armor

“Oh you got my dick message” from Guardians 1

Those are the ones i like that haven’t been already mentioned.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
One of my favorite exchanges in the MCU is from Civil War -

Spider-Man: Hey guys, you ever see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?
War Machine: Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?
Iron Man: I don't know, I didn't carbon date him. He's on the young side.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

One of my favorite exchanges in the MCU is from Civil War -

Spider-Man: Hey guys, you ever see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?
War Machine: Jesus, Tony, how old is this guy?
Iron Man: I don't know, I didn't carbon date him. He's on the young side.

That didn't seem genuine for a nerd like Peter at all.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That didn't seem genuine for a nerd like Peter at all.

Why, if I may ask? The Peter in the MCU is young and naive

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Why, if I may ask? The Peter in the MCU is young and naive

Naive? He's a nerdy super genius. He's seen Star Wars and would be 100% aware of it's relevance.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
He was 3 years old when Episode 3 came out.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sgt. Politeness posted:

in the mcu, where fantastic and wondrous things happen, maybe the prequels never existed and star wars is just a few good old movies

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I guess in the MCU they don't have DVDs.

He and Ned were putting a Lego Death Star together, Peter knows what Star Wars is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The line makes sense on paper if Peter is intentionally needling these guys about their age but it doesn't come off that way. The "really old" part is unnecessary and forced so that there's a joke about Peter being young.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

The line makes sense on paper if Peter is intentionally needling these guys about their age but it doesn't come off that way. The "really old" part is unnecessary and forced so that there's a joke about Peter being young.

Yeah it just feels poorly placed. He doesn't sell it as him trying to be funny. It took me back to Tobey and his total inability to deliver a line with any comedic flare.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I guess in the MCU they don't have DVDs.

He and Ned were putting a Lego Death Star together, Peter knows what Star Wars is.

Of course he knows what Star Wars is, but it doesn't take away the fact that the Empire Strikes Back is an older movie - the movie came out almost 40 years ago.

But, whatever - you didn't like the line in the movie. It's fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone knows what the Empire Strikes Back is. It was a poorly conceived attempt at a HA HA OLD GUYS line and it falls flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Everyone knows what the Empire Strikes Back is. It was a poorly conceived attempt at a HA HA OLD GUYS line and it falls flat.

Is a movie that came out almost 40 years ago not an old movie?

• Locked thread